Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2016, 18:38   #736
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Ecosport Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Service centre people tell me i have to only install ford battery, else extended warranty would be void, Is this True? Battery life only 3 years for ecosports?
Actually check with Ford - and other vendors also.

I am not sure about the current status, but in the past I had found that battery supplied by Ford to be cheaper than other brands (as quoted by the concerned vendor).
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 18:46   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Battery life only 3 years for ecosports?
If you have a multi-meter, you could check this by yourselves and save the headache and unnecessary gyans by A$$.
petrolhead_chn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 19:36   #738
Senior - BHPian

they are saying extended warranty will be void to scare you into buying the battery at the showroom so that they make money. If they insist on buying at Ford, tell them you will go to another Ford dealer and purchase it there, but not at the showroom you are in. See how their tone will change.

Anyway, just check the battery properly and if it is at the end of its life, get it changed.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 19:50   #739
Senior - BHPian

My 2013 Figo had similar problems and it happened thrice. The starter does not crank and the symptoms were that of a flat battery. On all three occasions I was advised by Ford Helpline to push start and soon afterwards battery was found alive and kicking. I am still unable to figure out a reason for the problem.
Old 14th July 2016, 02:18   #740
Senior - BHPian

I had changed my 3 year old OEM battery and bought an Amaron flo series( 65 amperes battery.)

Please don't waste your time any further on the old battery.
I suggest you replace it immediately
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 10:55   #741
BHPian

re: Car battery life - How long did your battery last?

Thanks guys, Will go with amazon flo as suggested, thanks.

Srini
Old 14th July 2016, 11:35   #742
Senior - BHPian

Vento Diesel run 56000KM with 90/100 headlights and ICE with ampliier, the OE Exide lasted 3 years and 3 months. Replaced with Amaron FLO.
Old 19th July 2016, 20:07   #743
Team-BHP Support

Honda City OEM Amaron battery (38b19) still going strong at 6 years, 46k kms.

Replaced proactively with Amaron Go (Honda recommended). 18+18 months warranty, Rs. 3300 (including Rs. 450 buyback for old battery).
Old 22nd July 2016, 13:44   #744
Senior - BHPian

The Exide battery in my Punto is showing some signs of dying. There is an alarm "airbag failure" at the first crank of the engine in the day. If the engine is idled for more than 6 hrs, the alarm reappears whenever engine is cranked. The car has done 37K kms and 3 yrs of ownership. During the last service, FASS did check the battery but did not give a direct go ahead to replace the battery, they were of the opinion the battery can last a few more months. However I do not want to take the risk of getting stalled on the road.

What is the best replacement for the same? Din 50, 55 or 60? Amazon or continue with Exide?
Old 24th July 2016, 00:32   #745
BHPian

The Exide OEM battery of my Ford Fiesta lasted 6.5 years and just got it changed in April 2016 after minor niggles. This time I chose to go with Amaron which costed me around 3200 including installation.
Old 8th September 2016, 13:10   #746
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car battery life - How long did your battery last?

This is like the nth time I've faced this. How is it that batteries expire just as their warranty does?

It's in the design, I'm telling you that.

My Jeep's battery was bought in 2014 and carried a 2 year warranty. Warranty expired in June, the battery just gave up .
Old 8th September 2016, 13:29   #747
BHPian

Just replaced the OE battery in my Wagon-R (Sep-2012 model). The battery lasted 4 years almost to the day! Pretty much satisfied with the OE Amaron battery, with the only grouse being it showed no degradation, just gave up one fine day. That did cause a little inconvenience (Thankfully it was a Sunday). Went for a replacement unit from Amaron itself, the least priced model with 2 year warranty as I intend to replace my car
Old 8th September 2016, 13:57   #748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
Just replaced the OE battery in my Wagon-R (Sep-2012 model). The battery lasted 4 years almost to the day! Pretty much satisfied with the OE Amaron battery, with the only grouse being it showed no degradation, just gave up one fine day. That did cause a little inconvenience (Thankfully it was a Sunday). Went for a replacement unit from Amaron itself, the least priced model with 2 year warranty as I intend to replace my car
Was the OE battery in your WagonR an Amaron make? I ask because my July 2011 WagonR has a SF Sonic battery as OE.

The OE battery is working fine but I feel it will give up soon. Over the last 15 days, I have faced 1 slightly hesitant crank and one case where I needed to give a second crank. Should I go in for a preemptive replacement?
Old 8th September 2016, 17:57   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Was the OE battery in your WagonR an Amaron make? I ask because my July 2011 WagonR has a SF Sonic battery as OE.

The OE battery is working fine but I feel it will give up soon. Over the last 15 days, I have faced 1 slightly hesitant crank and one case where I needed to give a second crank. Should I go in for a preemptive replacement?
Yes, My OE battery was Amaron make and served us well. If your car is cranking hesitantly, you should replace immediately, lest it give u unceremoniously!

Amaron has 4 types of batteries for Wagon R, differing on the warranty offered. Pls choose wisely depending on how long you wish to keep the car.
aditya79india is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 18:28   #750
BHPian

Amaron PRO 60 mnts warranty battery lasted around the same on my CIVIC. Since it was sparingly used, the life looks acceptable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks