Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2013, 12:02   #4831
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

May be slightly off-topic.

A dealer who I know called me to see if anyone is interested in a pair of Honda Civic 2006, headlamps. Seems that his customer as just changed this for a pair of projector/angel types

So the original set-up is available - in case anyone is interested. If anyone is interested pls let me know, and I will connect to the customer.
Old 16th September 2013, 14:11   #4832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajith-s View Post
May be slightly off-topic.

A dealer who I know called me to see if anyone is interested in a pair of Honda Civic 2006, headlamps. Seems that his customer as just changed this for a pair of projector/angel types

So the original set-up is available - in case anyone is interested. If anyone is interested pls let me know, and I will connect to the customer.
Is the dealer based out of HSR layout, I actually handed him my headlights (which I replaced during my gear box overhaul) as I went for new one. I was too lazy to put them up on OLX / TB classifieds

I have given him my SX4 tyres+alloys too.
Old 18th September 2013, 09:24   #4833
BANNED

Mounting of HID Ballasts etc.

I got my HID fog replacement kit for my Civic. Post 7584 on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-here-506.html

The bonnet of the Civic is very crowded. Now where do I mount the ballasts? I am told one need to take out the bumper for it, but access looks to be very bad, esp. under the battery. What I did find was an additional lug on the Positive Terminal where the power can be drawn from.
Old 18th September 2013, 13:26   #4834
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mounting of HID Ballasts etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I got my HID fog replacement kit for my Civic. Post 7584 on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-here-506.html

The bonnet of the Civic is very crowded. Now where do I mount the ballasts? I am told one need to take out the bumper for it, but access looks to be very bad, esp. under the battery. What I did find was an additional lug on the Positive Terminal where the power can be drawn from.
Professor,
Yes, it's better to take the bumper and do the setup. Removing the bumper is not at all difficult, 1 flat screw driver is required to remove almost 14-16 fender clips (plastic push/pull retainers), then just pull the bumper, sides first.

Check out my car's HID Ballasts setup.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dscn4337.jpg
Mine are Slim ballasts. There is plenty of space to tag the ballasts, I've used 2-sided tapes & Plastic tie wraps to tighten them
Old 18th September 2013, 14:17   #4835
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Mine are Slim ballasts. There is plenty of space to tag the ballasts, I've used 2-sided tapes & Plastic tie wraps to tighten them
Mine are pucca metal units from (I think Hyalutek) a major Chinese manufacturer. I am thinking of using a double sided tape + screw setup. In any case the Earth has to be affixed. Can you please indicate where the clips are. Also, I have to fix into the fogs (H11) only. I see some space there.

Last edited by sgiitk : 18th September 2013 at 14:22.
Old 18th September 2013, 15:05   #4836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine are pucca metal units from (I think Hyalutek) a major Chinese manufacturer.
They are HYLUXTEK ballasts. I have the same company's slim ballasts.
http://www.hyluxtek.com/
Quote:
Can you please indicate where the clips are. Also, I have to fix into the fogs (H11) only. I see some space there.
I'm attaching the above pic once again with the Blue arrows indicating some of the clip buttons & holes (red arrows in other pic)
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dscn4337.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-hondacivicengine.jpg
sushrutha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 05:19   #4837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you please indicate where the clips are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
I'm attaching the above pic once again with the Blue arrows indicating some of the clip buttons & holes (red arrows in other pic)
Hope this helps further:
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 09:51   #4838
BANNED

I came across the following. Only the cap for the screw does not seem to be there on mine. Looks easy, and promising. As I am not doing the headlamps (fogs only), this should work.

Old 19th September 2013, 12:06   #4839
Senior - BHPian

I have a query not related to the maintenance of the Civic but since this is the most active thread for Civics, I feel its ideal I post it here!

I have booked a used Honda Civic V A/T. Now, I need to know the operation of the A/T and the modes it has.

1) During the test drive, I was driving in 'D'. I tried the paddle shifts to change gears and it successfully moved from 2nd gear to 3rd. Now it wont upshift to 4th on its own. How do I go from manual mode in 'D' back to the fully automatic mode?

2) If I am in manual mode (paddle shifting), does the car upshift automatically on redlining? A friend told me, in the above scenario, it will upshift in 'D' mode but not in 'S' mode. In 'S' mode with paddle shifts, it will hold on to the same gear till I manually shift through the paddles.

3) Can I move to 'N' from 'D' and to 'D' from 'N' when the car is rolling, say at speeds above 30 kmph?

So far I have been told the Civic A/T has 4 modes :

a) 'D' - Fully automatic
b) 'D' with paddle shifting - Shifting through paddles but will upshift automatically at higher revs
c) 'S' - Sport mode, upshifts automatically, but at higher revs
d) 'S' with paddle shifting - Proper manual mode, will never upshift till you manually use the paddles.

Is that correct? Of course, in all the modes, the car will downshift on its own.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 19th September 2013 at 12:10.
Old 19th September 2013, 14:20   #4840
BHPian

In Civic AT the paddle shift wont work in D mode.
When you shift to S mode and start paddle shifting it will only downshift automatically if need be but it will redline unless you upshift.
You need to go to D mode to go back to full AT mode.
These are the few things i have come across in the past few months of ownership.
Old 19th September 2013, 14:32   #4841
BHPian

Edit
To elaborate

1. You cannot paddle shift in D mode
2. In S mode it revs more and holds onto gear for much longer
3. In S mode with paddle shifts, it automatically downshifts when the revs go low but it doesn't upshift. It will go to redline but you need to manually upshift.
4. You cannot go back to S auto mode from paddle shift mode. You need to goto D mode for Auto shifting
5. You can shift from D to S and vice versa on the fly and also from D to N but going from N to D while at speeds 'May' cause damage
6. You should shift from N to R only when completely stopped

Other owners may correct if I am wrong. This is my limited knowledge from past couple of months of ownership.
Old 19th September 2013, 15:12   #4842
BANNED

@sriharsha; I use the paddle in D pretty often in my Civic. I have upshifted up to two gears, So maybe there has been a change somewhere down the line.
Old 19th September 2013, 19:32   #4843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsriharsha View Post
In Civic AT the paddle shift wont work in D mode.
When you shift to S mode and start paddle shifting it will only downshift automatically if need be but it will redline unless you upshift.
You need to go to D mode to go back to full AT mode.
These are the few things i have come across in the past few months of ownership.
The Civic A/T definitely shifts using the paddles in the 'D' mode, I have personally done it a couple of times in the test drive.

Quote:
@sriharsha; I use the paddle in D pretty often in my Civic. I have upshifted up to two gears, So maybe there has been a change somewhere down the line.
All the cars I test drove are the facelifted models. There has been no change.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 19th September 2013 at 19:33.
Old 19th September 2013, 19:56   #4844
BHPian

I am about to close the deal on a 2006 Civic S AT -76k odo,full service history for 3.3L. Gurgaon Registration. 60% NCB on Ins. I will be taking the mechanic with me tomorrow, please guide me what all i need to check in the vehicle.Took a brief TD today and felt fine.
Also how much FE can i expect considering my driving style gives 12 in city & 15-17 on highways in a 2008 Swift (Pre K-Series)

I could feel when the vehicle was downshifting on immediate acceleration.Is it normal ? Is it the case with automatics?

What all should i get the vehicle checked for? If possible should i take it to do the nearest HASS , would they be of some help? I am a little worried as i haven't driven an automatic earlier.I guess i should check the pedal shifting and all as well.

What else.Quick help would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by k2max6 : 19th September 2013 at 19:59.
Old 19th September 2013, 20:06   #4845
BHPian

Mine is a 08 V A/T, i haven't seen it to upshift, i have to try again. Does it downshift aswell in D mode ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks