Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:34   #4861
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

I have posted my experience of installing H11, 55W, 3000K hid fogs at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3245112
Old 23rd September 2013, 19:33   #4862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Just slight clarification to add here. The older civics I think didn't have paddles working in D mode but the facelift ones do. IN FACT, the paddles working in D mode was introduced a little before the facelift. I have an Aug 09 civic that was just before the facelift launched and the paddles shifts in my car work in D mode.

Mine is a pre-facelift 2009 (July, I guess) Civic...and the paddle-shift works in D as well.
Old 24th September 2013, 09:03   #4863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post

Mine is a pre-facelift 2009 (July, I guess) Civic...and the paddle-shift works in D as well.
Same here. Paddle shifts work in D Mode in my July 2009 Pre Facelift Civic.
The earlier company owned Feb 2008 Civic that i had did not have this feature. In fact, I was very surprised when my new car changed gears using paddles even in D Mode as i was not used to it.

Rgds
Old 26th September 2013, 11:48   #4864
BHPian

1,30,000 kms service

1,30,000 kms service over (cost break-up below).
Car is 6 years 4 months old, smooth and trouble-free as usual!

Running was high in the first 6 years, now the car remains idle for many days at a time.
This is my longest gap between services (6.5 months after the last 5K service, 9 months after the last oil-change).

So far I have always done the services within Honda's recommended time-period since running was high, that is every 5K service within three months. Now I plan to stretch my 5K service to six months. So oil change may be done only once a year (every 10K). I hope it is okay since I will be using synthetic-oil.

Amount paid:
30K Service - Rs.1,220
Synthetic-Oil - Rs.3,255
Washer-plug-drain - Rs.21
Oil-Filter - Rs.148
wheel-alignment - Rs.489

So, Total - Rs.5,133
manim is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 12:20   #4865
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1,30,000 kms service

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
So far I have always done the services within Honda's recommended time-period since running was high, that is every 5K service within three months. Now I plan to stretch my 5K service to six months. So oil change may be done only once a year (every 10K). I hope it is okay since I will be using synthetic-oil.
I am doing it that way currently for the oil change, 10K or 1 year whichever is early.
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 14:02   #4866
Senior - BHPian

@laluks; I think the three month is an artefact in the handbook. It is 10k/6 months. Let be be blunt, with a three month interval I would have not bought my Civic, and got a Corolla instead.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 09:39   #4867
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1,30,000 kms service

Quote:
1,30,000 kms service over (cost break-up below).
Amount paid:
30K Service - Rs.1,220
Synthetic-Oil - Rs.3,255
Washer-plug-drain - Rs.21
Oil-Filter - Rs.148
wheel-alignment - Rs.489

So, Total - Rs.5,133
You mean 130k Service? That's pretty reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@laluks; I think the three month is an artefact in the handbook. It is 10k/6 months. Let be be blunt, with a three month interval I would have not bought my Civic, and got a Corolla instead.
After the 4th year of ownership. I switched to synthetic. I've been getting my car serviced once a year with no issues at all
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 14:59   #4868
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,

I'm having a problem with the clutch on my Civic. It is not very smooth while releasing the clutch after changing the gear.

I've got the clutch changed but it's still hard. Bleeding has been done twice now.

What is wierd is that after I left it parked for 2 weeks, the clutch was butter smooth! but only for 2 days. On the third day, it was hard again.

There is always a jerk while releasing the clutch while setting off from standstill or shifting from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd.

The release bearing has also been replaced when the clutch was replaced.

I have to get this sorted. Can someone please help me figure out what the problem is?
Old 27th September 2013, 15:24   #4869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
I am about to close the deal on a 2006 Civic S AT -76k odo,full service history for 3.3L. Gurgaon Registration. 60% NCB on Ins. I ......
What else.Quick help would be highly appreciated.

Mine is a 2006 Civic S AT that I bought pre-owned this year in May. It had 58k kilometres on the odo and was immaculately maintained. The previous owner being a rich CEO.
I took a test drive and then had the car checked at HASS. The pre-owned car dealer had already got the car serviced 2 weeks back with around Rs. 13k worth of work done in the car. This included an engine mount (not the famous hydraulic mount) which was worth 5k alone. Around 3.5k for the engine oil change, remaining for transmission oil top up and other consumables.

The car had no visible or audible mechanical issues and felt like a dream to drive. I immediately booked the car after the HASS inspection result.

So far I have only bought a pair of new wipers blades for my car and installed the Honda logo in the front (somebody stole it). I plan to upgrade the headlamps with OSRAM NightBreaker+ and install reverse parking camera. I have only driven it a little over 1100kms but every km has been fun. It costs me Rs. 10/km as compared to my Wagon-R which is around Rs. 6/Km in city driving.

The Civic is a classic design, and with tech that will last for at least another 5 years.
Derezzed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 21:21   #4870
BHPian

2007 S MT, I noted one thing today that I am unable to see the eps light before starting the car. All warning lights are visible in switch on (II) position and go off as per delay. Even the cruise control light lights up for a micro second though my car doesn't even have cruise control. Should i get the eps light checked or is it normal and nothing to worry?

Also, I got my civic serviced today ( 46k odo/ 50k service ). HASS recommended lubrication of door panles/ power windows / underchannels. Were asking 2700 for the same and is not part of the recommended service schedule, so i rejected it- i did right? They were also recommending abs lubrication . What say? Rest of service went fine. Forgot asking about eps light.

Last edited by k2max6 : 28th September 2013 at 21:26.
Old 28th September 2013, 23:53   #4871
BHPian

Time out for EDIT.
I don't really remember if the eps light used to come on before the service or not and they also did some sensor lubrications in the service today.
Old 29th September 2013, 08:07   #4872
BHPian

I just ran the self diagnostics on the instrument cluster. All lights glowed up but no power steering light. I guess 2007 civic doesn't have the power steering check light.because it doesn't have an eps but a hydraulic power steering?

Diagnostics Image Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-image2337099115.jpg Mods: Sorry for back to back posts.Providing more info.

Last edited by k2max6 : 29th September 2013 at 08:12.
Old 29th September 2013, 17:57   #4873
BHPian

Quote:
HASS recommended lubrication of door panles/ power windows / underchannels. Were asking 2700 for the same and is not part of the recommended service schedule, so i rejected it- i did right? They were also recommending abs lubrication . What say?
HASS trying to improve their profits, making money out of you!

Unless you have specific problems just the routine services will do.
Old 30th September 2013, 12:39   #4874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2007 S MT, I noted one thing today that I am unable to see the eps light before starting the car. All warning lights are visible in switch on (II) position and go off as per delay. Even the cruise control light lights up for a micro second though my car doesn't even have cruise control. Should i get the eps light checked or is it normal and nothing to worry? Also, I got my civic serviced today ( 46k odo/ 50k service ). HASS recommended lubrication of door panles/ power windows / underchannels. Were asking 2700 for the same and is not part of the recommended service schedule, so i rejected it- i did right? They were also recommending abs lubrication . What say? Rest of service went fine. Forgot asking about eps light.
No need to get that INR 2700 item done. It's worthless. I was complaining about some noises from the suspension during my last service and they said they would retorque and lubricate the entire suspension. I gave my go ahead and instead saw thus in my bill, with the noises still remaining. When I questioned them, they said the suspension lubrication and retorquing job has the same name as this 2700 job. Couldn't do a thing about it. :(

Quote:
I just ran the self diagnostics on the instrument cluster. All lights glowed up but no power steering light. I guess 2007 civic doesn't have the power steering check light.because it doesn't have an eps but a hydraulic power steering? Diagnostics Image Mods: Sorry for back to back posts.Providing more info.
Even post-facelift the Civic has a hydraulic power steering unit only. For what it's worth I never saw the power steering light come on in my Civic's instrument cluster.

Quote:
HASS trying to improve their profits, making money out of you! Unless you have specific problems just the routine services will do.
+1

HASS tries every trick in the manual (and a few not in the manual too) to fleece you. Avoid anything other than routine service at HASS. I would say that it's OK to ignore minor niggles also, because the idiots are more interested in figuring out how to plaster your bill with random service jobs in the guise of fixing these issues even though they are incompetent and cannot fix any of them, really.

Regards,
Prashanth
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 23:25   #4875
BHPian

I have recently purchased a pre owned 2006 honda civic automatic with 90000 km on the odo.
When i put the transmission in drive or reverse there is a very slight knocking noise which disappears when the transmission reaches the 2nd gear.
The gears shift flawlessly when driving but im concerned about this knocking issue.
I would appreciate it if members on the forum would point me in the right direction as to what could be the issue or problem

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks