Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2014, 12:29   #5791
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Is it the cost to replace some internal electronics or will the visible display itself to be replaced?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Its the quote of a second hand speedo meter unit.
The quote seems to be on a higher side.
This is the part number for the speedometer: 78120-sna-a13
Can you please check with Honda, on the cost of this one?
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 20:07   #5792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Just got a call from the folks at Southend Honda, mathura road..... I have been quoted an alarming 12k for the hose and 16k for the pump plus labour......Rs 14000, including the cost of the spark plugs replacement.
The power steering leak doesn't seem to be too serious as the fluid level in the reservoir is quite stable. I don't trust the
Honda report as of now.
What should I do?
Precisely the reason why i avoid the HASS. Coolkurt i had the pipe changed from my trusted garage at around 8K including labor. I am not sure if you really need to overhaul the power steering pump but a good garage can tell you for sure.

In my case my power steering was overhauled by Honda as i did not know better then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
The quote seems to be on a higher side.
This is the part number for the speedometer: 78120-sna-a13
Can you please check with Honda, on the cost of this one?
Thank you for the part no and yes the price quoted was exorbitant. I called up this guy from HASS and asked me the price for a new speedometer and was quoted 12-13K. The garage guys seems to be either taking me for a ride or is ignorant about the prices himself. Either case i am not going back to him.

My trusted guy Joe called me and told he can have the speedo repaired for around 5-6K but today i had arranged for a battery mechanic to come down to my place and have the battery disconnected and re-connected and voila the speedo came back to life again.

When i told Joe about this he told me i could continue using the speedo this way for a while till re-connecting the battery does not get back the speedo to work.I agreed that since it's working i can delay the repair for a while.

I am hoping this is due to the rainy weather where i have noticed that earlier during last year that the speedo backlight would flicker on lock unlock of the car.Hoping to carry on like this till the dry season and if the speedo till gives issues i might give it to HASS for a complete replacement as i believe repaired electric components don't last long.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 21:31   #5793
Senior - BHPian

Folks, how much do the rear wheel bearings cost?
Old 13th September 2014, 10:34   #5794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Folks, how much do the rear wheel bearings cost?
6-6.5k if done from a local workshop, 11-12k from the Honda A.S.S
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 12:59   #5795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
6-6.5k if done from a local workshop, 11-12k from the Honda A.S.S
Thanks!
Which aftermarket brands are available/good?
Old 14th September 2014, 19:04   #5796
Senior - BHPian

My civic will complete 5 years this Oct 2014. And I have no claim made so far in these 5 years. I am just wondering if I should just take a simple, minimum insurance renewal for 6th year (considering that, I hardly drive 5K kms a year). And do you guys know what would be the NCB that I would be eligible for the 6th year renewal?
Old 15th September 2014, 09:49   #5797
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
My civic will complete 5 years this Oct 2014. And I have no claim made so far in these 5 years. I am just wondering if I should just take a simple, minimum insurance renewal for 6th year (considering that, I hardly drive 5K kms a year). And do you guys know what would be the NCB that I would be eligible for the 6th year renewal?
Two things:

1. I do not advise it. Also, remember your NCB is transferable to the next car. When you come to sell it get a fresh policy and then get the NCB certificate. What I do is if I am sur to sell the car in the next couple of years, I take out Act only, and get the NCB certificate (valid of three years). Remember Act only may be available only from the GIC companies.

2. NCB will be 50% on the OD part, there is none on the act part. You can take a hefty reduction by excluding the first 2500, 5000 or 7500 of the claim. Also, you should be able to demand a premium reduction of 30-40% as most insurers give this.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 14:58   #5798
Senior - BHPian

My car battery is showing signs of weakness with a hesitation to crank up in the morning and all the lights on console blinking in a "sad." manner. Never changed the battery so far. Which is the brand/model that is advised? My car is AT, does it make any difference in the ampere rating ?

Searching online gives me a recommendation of Amaron AAM-PR-00 55B24LS. It is seen priced at 5450 at batterybhai.com in exchange of old battery. Is there any chance of getting a better price elsewhere?
Old 15th September 2014, 16:55   #5799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
My car battery is showing signs of weakness with a hesitation to crank up in the morning and all the lights on console blinking in a "sad." manner. Never changed the battery so far. Which is the brand/model that is advised? My car is AT, does it make any difference in the ampere rating ?

Searching online gives me a recommendation of Amaron AAM-PR-00 55B24LS. It is seen priced at 5450 at batterybhai.com in exchange of old battery. Is there any chance of getting a better price elsewhere?
yes, its the battery which is dying out. If it is already 4 years or above, about time to switch to a new battery. Yes, Amaron has only one compatible battery for Civic. After exchange, I got it for 5K, but that was last year, so the price seems to be OK. Have you tried the local amaron dealers? they should be able to offer lesser.
Old 15th September 2014, 17:07   #5800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Go in for Amaron and you will not be disappointed. I have Amaron on all my cars and even my bike and till date I have not been let down. I replaced the battery for my Civic last June and paid 5.5k INR. And, yes there is only one battery from Amaron that suits the Civic. (PR-0055B24LS)

Last edited by rr_zen : 15th September 2014 at 17:12.
Old 16th September 2014, 11:07   #5801
BANNED

Quote:
My car is AT, does it make any difference in the ampere rating ?

I like Amaron. Also, with an AT I hope you have Jumper cables in the boot.
Old 16th September 2014, 12:50   #5802
BHPian

Quote:
My car battery is showing signs of weakness with a hesitation to crank up in the morning and all the lights on console blinking in a "sad." manner.
In an AT you must change it at any small sign of weakness, or else get stranded like me!

I too recommend Amaron.
Mine was changed in Feb-2010,model 55B24LS and still going strong.
Bought for Rs.4,950 - 400(old battery) = Rs.4,550.
Old 16th September 2014, 14:51   #5803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Was in your shoes 2 weeks back and after 1 hour of research, zeroed on the Amaron you mentioned and the OEM SF Sonic. Decided to go for SF Sonic which costed me 4700 I believe. Rang up the local battary guy and he rode to my place to replacement. All in all it took him 5 mins to replace the battery.

My OEM was replaced last time in Nov 2010 and this battery of mine lasted almost 4 years/85000 kms FYI. So from my side, to SF as well if you want to consider that as an option.
Old 17th September 2014, 09:04   #5804
BHPian

Quote:

I trust Amaron. My exides (OEM fitted) have never lasted for more than 1.5 years and Amarons have run for atleast 4 years.

Mine is also a Civic A/T.

Rgds
Old 18th September 2014, 10:04   #5805
Senior - BHPian

Noticing shuddering noise (very mild) when the front wheels hit potholes while the brake is in applied position.

No noticeable vibrations
This happens only on relatively heavy braking.
There is no noise on hitting potholes, if no brake is applied.

Does anyone have similar experience and suggestions on what could be wrong?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks