Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2014, 13:13   #5701
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
On a slightly different note, my LHS tail lamp unit has been the grave yard for a fly that managed to find its way in and has been this way for more than a year and half now.
You can remove the bulb and blow compressed air available at all service centers through the bulb opening. This will dislodge the stuck dead fly. Then you can vacuum or shake the lamp assembly inverted so that the dead fly will eventually fall out. Wonder why the HASS cant think of such a simple solution!
Old 21st July 2014, 14:38   #5702
Senior - BHPian

Re: Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Wonder why the HASS cant think of such a simple solution!
Very simple. They are way too sophisticated to attempt anything like that.
Old 21st July 2014, 19:40   #5703
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Guys, I need some help... I am sure this team would've encountered it somewhere, but not able to pinpoint the solution.

1) The car's remote locking key seems to have a mind of its own. It locks / unlocks sometimes, while most of the time, I need to do it manually. The battery seems to be ok. So what could be wrong?

2) Secondly, my AC doesn't seem to cool. Have changed the coolant, checked for leakages etc. The cooling doesn't last more than a few months post an AC service. What could be possibly wrong?

Appreciate your help in solving these...
Thank you.
Old 21st July 2014, 19:58   #5704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@manim; 7+ years is a very long time for the refrigerant to last. Also, I would have put in some compressor oil when I charged it. Any idea how many gm of gas it took.
The guy used a pressure gauge and said that the earlier pressure was very low.
I don't know the exact numbers though.

I did ask him about the compressor lubricant (HASS told me about this), but it was not done since this was only a topup.
Old 21st July 2014, 21:17   #5705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_d_zulu View Post
Guys, I need some help... I am sure this team would've encountered it somewhere, but not able to pinpoint the solution.

1) The car's remote locking key seems to have a mind of its own. It locks / unlocks sometimes, while most of the time, I need to do it manually. The battery seems to be ok. So what could be wrong?

2) Secondly, my AC doesn't seem to cool. Have changed the coolant, checked for leakages etc. The cooling doesn't last more than a few months post an AC service. What could be possibly wrong?

Appreciate your help in solving these...
Thank you.
Hi,
Is the remote button getting stuck inside when you press it ? Does the button has needs to be pressed several times before it works? In these cases what happens , as in my case, the electronic board inside the remote key gets misaligned and needs adjustment.Get a small diamond tipped screw driver and carefully open the remote key and adjust the chassis of the circuit board.It is a plastic covering on which the circuit sits and needs a simple snap fit adjustment.

As for the a/c if it works intermittently but cools while working and does not at all at times then check the a/c relay.This is located in the fuse box under the hood in front of the passenger side.

Good luck.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 06:26   #5706
BANNED

Make sure the battery is kosher. If it is going weak then we tend to press buttons harder and so on.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 15:32   #5707
BHPian

Dear experts, in my civic during early morning cold starts immediately after the engine comes to life there is a krrrr sound which stays for a second and disappears. This happens only during early morning starts when I start the car for the first time and never later. This noise has appeared only after the recent service in which the engine mounts have been changed. The car in question is a 2007 VMT civic run 48k km. Wat could be the probable cause for the noise. Pl help. Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 11:48   #5708
BHPian

Hi

Has anybody experienced faulty fuel reading in their civic?

Mine is confusing me with the inaccurate reading.What can be wrong?
Old 24th July 2014, 18:50   #5709
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen Heat View Post
Has anybody experienced faulty fuel reading in their civic?

Mine is confusing me with the inaccurate reading.What can be wrong?
Sensor or more likely a bad wire (most probably earth)
Old 24th July 2014, 19:44   #5710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Now that I have completed 3000KMs with the new pads, Initial 1000KMS in city driving and the rest 2000KM on highways, at some good speeds and related braking needs, with drives of 700+ KMs in a stretch, twice, the results can be shared. These conditions have taken the tests on the pads as required in almost all possible scenarios that the pads are supposed to work.

The results are positive, and I see no major differences between the OEM pads and the ones I experimented as on date.

But there are a few observations

1. During Installation, the pads locking edges had to be filed a little for easy sliding for the pads placement
2. The discs are slightly hotter than before, attribute that to the ceramic compound and more friction considering the OEM pads were metallic type.
3. The wear of the pads seems at this point similar to the OEM pads, but a lot of brake dust is generated pointing that the pads are wearing more in relation to the discs.

About the pads,

The pads were made by a company called TNG. Had read some reviews with mixed opinions before installation. So idea was to experiment in city before concluding that they could be used in high speed drives on the highways. The city experiments for 1000Kms over a span of 1 month gave me enough confidence to take it to highway drives.

The front pads MRP was Rs 1050, finally obtained for Rs 900.

Result - I am happy with the performance till now. The pad change was a complete DIY.

Note: Let us not get into debates on costs vs safety, as enough precautions and experiments/trials and experience were considered before this post
11000 KM update, the pads are holding up well. I removed them for cleaning today. It has no breakages / chipping as I feared. The discs are also smooth, so all in all does its job well.

I am happy with the performance the last 11000 Kms. Looks like it will do twice as much at this point - a 30K+ is the expectation at this stage.

I changed the rear too with TNG today. The rear pads were a direct fit. No filing was necessary. Let us see how it fares. I will update the results.
Old 27th July 2014, 14:27   #5711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgvij View Post
Dear experts, in my civic during early morning cold starts immediately after the engine comes to life there is a krrrr sound which stays for a second and disappears. This happens only during early morning starts when I start the car for the first time and never later.
Sounds like the fuel pump is priming the fuel lines, for an overfueled cold start. The fuel mixture has to be much richer for a cold start, so the fuel pump has to shove more fuel for a cold start.

To test, before you start in the morning, put the key in the ignition, turn it to 'Acc' (where only the stereo player starts), then turn it to 'ON' (where the dashboard telltales light up, airbag light, oil pressure light, battery light, etc.) and leave it in the 'ON' position for at least 7 seconds, and then start the engine.

If it is what I suspect, the fuel pump should finish priming the line within 7 seconds, and that sound shouldn't appear after starting.
Ponkermania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 00:23   #5712
BHPian

Have been facing a problem with the gear this monsoon. The car is exposed to rains, car had not run for 10 days and the issues are as follows ( the car has run 1 lakh kms and the clutch is not changed and is fine, though marginally tight.)

1 Not able to deploy the first gear in the mornings. The gear does not fall in the slot. So try multiple times and also and some effort to get the first gear.
However if the engine is off the 1st gear gets deployed easily, and I start the the engine after gear is slotted.

2 After the 1st gear is deployed it takes effort to deploy the subsequent gears.

3 After the car has run for 10-15 minutes all gear flow smoothly.

Request your help in understanding the issue and solution for the same.
Old 30th July 2014, 07:20   #5713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishtk View Post
Have been facing a problem with the gear this monsoon. .....
Request your help in understanding the issue and solution for the same.
At a lakh Km the clutch might need looking into.Also was the transmission fluid changed at 60K ? Better to have both these checked out as it seems you are having trouble shifting into gears at-least while the engine is cold.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 10:50   #5714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
11000 KM update, the pads are holding up well. I removed them for cleaning today. It has no breakages / chipping as I feared. The discs are also smooth, so all in all does its job well.

I am happy with the performance the last 11000 Kms. Looks like it will do twice as much at this point - a 30K+ is the expectation at this stage.

I changed the rear too with TNG today. The rear pads were a direct fit. No filing was necessary. Let us see how it fares. I will update the results.
The rears have done a 1000KMs now. No issues to report, than the first observation of more brake dust indicating pads are wearing out than discs.
Fronts are happy at 12K
Old 30th July 2014, 11:18   #5715
Senior - BHPian

With around 35K run, my front tires had worn out much, but there is enough rubber at the rear. According to HASS, the front has around 4K life left, while the rear for around 8K.

Is it ok to swap the front with the rear for some time before going in for the replacement?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks