Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2017, 08:59   #8536
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I believe this might be an issue due to some loose or carbon in some coupler contact.
Were any connectors removed, cleaned and reassembled?

It would be prudent to get the electricals checked after the system exhibited such flaky behaviour. The car is about a decade old which in my view merits an inspection.

Saket, don't get me wrong, I do not intend to to cause any alarm but after an incident around 7 years ago I am very, very particular about issues related to electricity, wiring & electrical accessories/appliances of any kind..whether at home or in a car.

In my view these have the potential to become a much larger problem and can even pose a risk to life and property. Hence these are always investigated and if required resolved ASAP.

Quote:
As asked, yes, battery health is fine as per the sight glass window.
Do remember the magic eye measures the Sp. Gr. in only 1 of 6 cells in the battery.

The real way to test a battery is to check Sp Gr in all the cells and once fully charged you should do a load test.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 11:18   #8537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Thanks Kunal. Will it be possible for you to share the part number?
Hi Mate, apologies for the delay in reverting. The part number was 76258SNBJ01, though in my case it was the right side motor that was replaced and exact cost was INR 4696 (Please refer the vague red arrow, and I am really sorry for the image quality).

Regards
Kunal
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20170718_111218.jpg  

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 18th July 2017 at 11:22.
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 11:23   #8538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Coolkurt , I had the same problem in my Civic. Honda ASS said they don't have the part and I ended up getting the left ORVM disconnected at the accessory shop.
The motor can be repaired as I had mine done. Don't fall for Honda's tricks. Ask around for a garage which specializes in such repairs. I had done it last year and touchwood it's still running fine.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 11:39   #8539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The motor can be repaired as I had mine done. Don't fall for Honda's tricks. Ask around for a garage which specializes in such repairs. I had done it last year and touchwood it's still running fine.
Sumeet has very valid point HASS will try all tricks in their sleeves to lynch money from customers, though in my case the motor had gone faulty, I showed the same to an competent auto electrician and once he gave up, only then I got it replaced

regards
Kunal
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 15:03   #8540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Were any connectors removed, cleaned and reassembled?

It would be prudent to get the electricals checked after the system exhibited such flaky behaviour. The car is about a decade old which in my view merits an inspection.

Saket, don't get me wrong, I do not intend to to cause any alarm but after an incident around 7 years ago I am very, very particular about issues related to electricity, wiring & electrical accessories/appliances of any kind..whether at home or in a car.
All your points are very valid and to the point. For the same purpose I went to HASS but had to come back disappointed. However, I made the Mahindra guys check the wiring and also do a scan. Both results were okay.

Will keep posted. Many thanks!
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 07:40   #8541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was hoping for someone to elaborate on this. When I switch the ignition on, I can hear the motor run, which it continues to do for the entire driving duration. Maybe the bearings have slipped or something. I'll have to find a mechanic to fix it.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 09:33   #8542
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I was hoping for someone to elaborate on this. When I switch the ignition on, I can hear the motor run, which it continues to do for the entire driving duration. Maybe the bearings have slipped or something. I'll have to find a mechanic to fix it.
It can only be done after checking the problem physically. But, just for your information, one of my cousin got the entire mirror assembly (with motor) from a scrap market in kolkata for Rs. 2500/- only as his was damaged in a minor mishap (along with original headlamp for Rs. 5K from the same market).

This is just for your information so that its in your mind in case repair costs you more than this figure. In Delhi, the cost should be on similar lines or may be a tad cheaper too!

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 11:10   #8543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My driver side mirror exhibited the same symptoms as your passenger side mirror. The motor kept whirring annoyingly during drives. I took it to my spares part shops seeking a new motor. They said it can be repaired instead and called a guy who pulled out the entire assembly and returned it fully functional. As per the shop owner there are gears which tend to slip hence the motor keeps whirring as the gears don't lock on. He said that one should not manually open or close the mirrors by hand as that is what causes the issue. I have given strict instructions to my car washer against manually opening the mirrors.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 18:08   #8544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Your side view mirror assembly has 2 separate mechanisms with gears that provide adjustability to the mirror pane and enable the open/close functions.

One or more of those open/close mechanism gears have slipped out of place OR are damaged. The whine indicates your mirror motor is functional. Get the assembly opened and checked.

And yes like others have advised please ensure the mirrors are never activated manually. Those plastic gears (or their teeth) can break.
R2D2 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 22:06   #8545
BHPian

I am looking at replacing the map my India head unit in my Civic with Sony xav ax100. I belive I will need a dash kit to install the sony ax100.

Request inputs from fellow Civic owners on how to source the dash kit.
Old 21st July 2017, 22:55   #8546
Senior - BHPian

So I finally hit this milestone. Clocked 1,50,000 Kms on my Civic. Still going strong
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_20170721_100816682.jpg  

coolkurt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 23:57   #8547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking at replacing the map my India head unit in my Civic with Sony xav ax100. I belive I will need a dash kit to install the sony ax100.

Dash kit can be sourced from accessories shop for 2 to 3k.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 09:43   #8548
BANNED

Quote:

My son replaced the factory unit with an aftermarket Pioneer. I do not think he needed to add any kit. My OE unit did not have Bluetooth or Navigation. So I use an aftermarket Garmin 2465 (or is it 2645) for navigation. The reason he changed it was the need for full Bluetooth.
Old 22nd July 2017, 12:01   #8549
BHPian

Went to Ace Honda, Noida today to get the HPS oil for top up as the level in the reservoir was touching the lower mark.

Was charged around Rs. 500 for a 1 Ltr. bottle (minimum size available with Honda ASS).

Alongside, checked with the SA about the current grade of Full Synthetic Engine Oil available with them.

Surprisingly they have upgraded from 5W30 (which they filled 4 months back during the service) to 0W20.

Now I'm also in the same pool of dillema whether to get that filled during the PMS due in December.
Old 22nd July 2017, 12:20   #8550
BANNED

Quote:

Quote:
Dash kit can be sourced from accessories shop for 2 to 3k.
Most of these boxes are 2DIN size. This is a standard fixing and easily available. These units in general do not follow a random sizing. Have you checked that you actually need a fresh unit.

Most Viewed