Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2015, 16:42   #2461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Parag, in your case, I would have suggest not to. You do a lot of highway drives. If it was just city, it would be been still ok. One may argue that a little balooning is ok. But we can never say when this would have contributed - and any contribution would happen in the risky conditions.
Well, In the first place I never wanted after market alloys, all starting at 6.5J. With that extra width of the Rim and positive offset there would be every possibility of the tires rubbing the arches.

Secondly, 185 on aftermarket 6.5J would also have been a bad idea as I notice how in such cases the Alloys end up protecting the lesser width tires from the sides whereas it should be otherwise.

I replaced 185 to 205 at 16k on the Odo. As of today it is 64,000. This is almost 50K and the same tires. I expect them to have useful life at least for the next 15 K kms for sure.

Hopefully the next change would be 195.

Overall, I have found no trouble with these tires. I maintain 32 for front and 29/30 for rear when driving alone and increase rear to 35 on full load (recommend is 38).

The ballooning is what I have felt but many other BHPians I met say they look perfectly OK too.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 13:56   #2462
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Complete walkthrough video of the 2016 Ertiga facelift.

RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 16:16   #2463
Distinguished - BHPian

The most fuel efficient MPV could be the Ertiga SHVS - launching soon.

Quote:
Exterior styling will most likely follow those seen in the Indonesian auto fair.
The new spy pictures reveal the updated face of this MPV which now gets two slats in a bold chrome front grille with a wide chrome bar on the top. Maruti has also tweaked the headlamps to make the overall front design look more angular
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-143151275.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-143151281.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-143151299.jpg

Quote:
The technical specification of the MPV will remain the same, which means you will get the 1.4L, 94 bhp petrol engine and its 1.3L, 89 bhp Multijet diesel engine which is likely to become even more fuel efficient thanks to the incorporation of the SHVS hybrid technology (same as that found in the new Ciaz hybrid), which means the Ertiga will surely become the most fuel efficient MPV in India. Both engines will be mated to 5 speed manual gearboxes. Expect the car to be launched by the end of this month or early October.
http://www.motortrend.in/autonews/69...aunch-soon.htm

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th September 2015 at 16:18.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 16:23   #2464
BHPian

Many BHP'ians would have noticed my posts on this thread bashing Ertiga's rattling issues.

But after having driven 22K kms on my Ertiga 1.4 VVT, a BIG positive note is the short throw gearbox. This is an absolute pleasure in bumper to bumper traffic (or) during overtake on the highways It feels very sporty!

Being an ex-Fiesta 1.6 owner I can definitely say that the gearshifts in Ertiga are definitely shorter than Fiesta!

And, I have started filling fuel at Shell bunks recently. The latest mileage that I have got is 11.2 kmpl (With A/C) in city The vehicle is running on after market alloys and 195/60 R15 rubber!

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 11th September 2015 at 16:26. Reason: Adding Mileage details too!
Prodigy07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 16:29   #2465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The most fuel efficient MPV could be the Ertiga SHVS - launching soon.

http://www.motortrend.in/autonews/69...aunch-soon.htm

I am very happy except for the AMT part. Wondering why not AMT in Ertiga. Hoping for a miracle at the launch.

With the reduced duty and taxes on hybrid cars but added features, Ertiga SHVS should cost more or less same like the outgoing model.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 12th September 2015 at 16:31.
Old 16th September 2015, 21:23   #2466
@KP
BHPian

With MSIL focussing on Baleno, will Ertiga facelift launch get delayed?
Old 17th September 2015, 20:36   #2467
BHPian

Being an owner of Ertiga VDI, I can suggest few improvement that will make this car a brilliant package
- Provide a 3rd engine option with ~100HP
- Provide an auto option
- Liberate or increase luggage space with 3rd row up
- Make 3rd row folding possible with head rest on while not compromising leg space for 2nd row
-Provide an auto option
-Make those headlights suitable for night driving!
- 1 size up on tyre
-NVH - improve noise insulation for cabin
- Touchscreen ICE with Map function
- Electrically foldable OVRM with blinkers
- Better looking antenna (short stub or shark fin!)
- Centre Hand rest for driver & front passenger

This will drive folks in drove to Maruti show rooms
Gany is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 14:04   #2468
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
Being an owner of Ertiga VDI, I can suggest few improvement that will make this car a brilliant package
- Provide a 3rd engine option with ~100HP
- Provide an auto option
- Liberate or increase luggage space with 3rd row up
- Make 3rd row folding possible with head rest on while not compromising leg space for 2nd row
-Provide an auto option
-Make those headlights suitable for night driving!
- 1 size up on tyre
-NVH - improve noise insulation for cabin
- Touchscreen ICE with Map function
- Electrically foldable OVRM with blinkers
- Better looking antenna (short stub or shark fin!)
- Centre Hand rest for driver & front passenger

This will drive folks in drove to Maruti show rooms

You really want that Auto option, eh !

But I doubt if they will launch AMT with this facelift.
Old 25th September 2015, 11:38   #2469
Distinguished - BHPian

The Ertiga facelift is scheduled to be launched on October 10th, 2015.

Expected to be priced between 7 lakhs - 9 lakhs.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-2015marutisuzukiertigafacelift.jpg

Quote:
ZigWheels has learnt that the new Maruti Ertiga facelift will make its India debut on October 10th prior to the festive season. Booking for the facelifted Ertiga has commenced at many dealerships and according to our sources Maruti has already received a considerable number of enquires.

The 2015 Maruti Ertiga sports a bolder three slat chrome laden front grille, chrome around the fog lamps and more chrome at the rear above the number plate. The 2015 Ertiga also gets a new and more aggressive bumper. Other visual elements include a redesigned 10-spoke 15-inch alloy wheels, new tail-lamp cluster with new reflector.

Talking about interiors, the new Ertiga will sport a waterfall dash board design with dual-tone finish. Talking about features, the 2015 Maruti Ertiga gets start/stop button, rear parking camera, smartplay infotainment system, Bluetooth audio, parking sensors, 50:50 split third row seat, rear accessory socket and electrically foldable OVRM.

On the powertrain front, expect the same set of engines to be carried forward on the facelifted model and the Ertiga will be available with both petrol and diesel powerplant. The petrol will be the 1.4-litre 95PS/130Nm mill and the diesel will be the 1.3-litre 90PS/200Nm block. But the diesel motor will be equipped with SHVS technology making it a hybrid.
Zigwheels

Last edited by RavenAvi : 25th September 2015 at 11:40.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 12:06   #2470
BHPian

Thanks @RavenAvi. Is there any information on the possibility of MSIL offering an automatic transmission with this facelift?
Old 25th September 2015, 13:13   #2471
BHPian

I had slowly started to think TUV 300 would be my next buy. But this news has again brought me back to our good'ol Maruti. Looks much more value for money. Sad no Automatic and climate control though.
Old 25th September 2015, 14:39   #2472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
I had slowly started to think TUV 300 would be my next buy. But this news has again brought me back to our good'ol Maruti. Looks much more value for money. Sad no Automatic and climate control though.
No doubt it would be more VFM, provided MSIL maintains the same price levels or if there is a marginal increase. Since there is no perceptible threat from direct competition there is a fair chance that Maruti may bump up the prices. Now the only question remains by how much. I would like to know from all those prospective buyers who are interested in buying the Ertiga facelift, how much premium you are ready to shelve compared to current price levels.
Old 25th September 2015, 17:04   #2473
hnp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
No doubt it would be more VFM, provided MSIL maintains the same price levels or if there is a marginal increase. Since there is no perceptible threat from direct competition there is a fair chance that Maruti may bump up the prices. Now the only question remains by how much. I would like to know from all those prospective buyers who are interested in buying the Ertiga facelift, how much premium you are ready to shelve compared to current price levels.
Not more than 50k going by what's revealed. More than that hike can't be justified in my opinion.
hnp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 19:15   #2474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I don't think lower variants will see much difference in the price. The fully loaded top most version may go up by around 30-40k. But again considering the subsidy they get on Diesel Hybrid, the price can also stay where it is. Maruti is known for passing the benefits to the customers.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 08:29   #2475
hnp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
I don't think lower variants will see much difference in the price. The fully loaded top most version may go up by around 30-40k. But again considering the subsidy they get on Diesel Hybrid, the price can also stay where it is. Maruti is known for passing the benefits to the customers.
I agree. This is a quote from IBtimes article

Quote:
In line with the Ciaz sedan that dropped price by making use of the FAME scheme by the Central government, which offers incentives of up to Rs 29,000 on electric and hybrid vehicles, the Ertiga facelift will also be priced slightly lower than the current models.
So we should not be seeing much variation in pricing.

Most Viewed