Thanks for the info.

I was looking up on the Mobil India page,

Mobil Super XHP Plus 15W-40

Does this meet the same standard, i.e., API-CH4 + MB228.3
Old 27th November 2007, 18:39   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Mobile phones do not pose any hazard. Its a myth. If you get out of the car, put in the nozzle, sit in the car, and then come out again to remove the nozzle there is a good chance that an explosion will occur.
Since in India attendents fill fuel, this possibility is removed.
Anyways mythbusters tried to ignite petrol by cell phones and failed miserably.
So why is cell phone usage banned in fuel stations?

Did not understand this part - "If you get out of the car, put in the nozzle, sit in the car, and then come out again to remove the nozzle there is a good chance that an explosion will occur." Please explain in detail
Old 27th November 2007, 20:18   #168
Team-BHP Support

When you get in the car again after putting in the nozzle you rub against the fabric. Then when you are getting out, you can get statically charged. If you do not touch the body while getting out and straightaway touch near fuel tank, there will be a small tiny spark. This tiny spark will turn the fuel station into a raging inferno and you, your car, and everybody around will go up in flames.
In the US statistics show that most fuelling accidents involve women at lonely gas stations.
US has self filling. At lonely stations womens put the nozzle in and quickly sit in the car(sense of security). Then they get out, don't touch the body, and touch the body near the fuel tank, and boom.
As a counter measure now many cars come with fuel tank caps which do not allow much vapor to escape.
Old 27th November 2007, 20:19   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Thanks for the info.

I was looking up on the Mobil India page,

Mobil Super XHP Plus 15W-40

Does this meet the same standard, i.e., API-CH4 + MB228.3
API-CF MB 229.1

Super diesel is API-CG, I havent seen a API-CH oil from mobil in the market, I think they have some brands, but not sure whether easily available in India
Old 6th December 2007, 17:59   #170
BHPian

Hi All,
Here is a question to the Sarari owners regarding change of tires.
I am taking delivery of a 2.2 LX tomorrow and plan to head straight for a change of shoes, till now had been considering the Bridgestone Dueler 689 tubeless, but after reading many a bad reviews on the net, headed here for some advice. The deal I got from one of the dealers in South Bangalore is 1k extra for each tire exchange, sounded nice till I read the reviews for the same.
My intention is to put tubeless tires on the stock rims, no change in section width or aspect ratio. The use would mostly be in-city and the occasional weekend outing, I am not considering any serious off-roading with two wheel drive and the weight of the vehicle.
Can someone suggest me a tire of the specification 235/70R16 for decent exchange price? Any info on exchange price would be helpful as such!
Regards.
Old 6th December 2007, 20:56   #171
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Castrol GTX diesel exceeds API-CH4. Its not GTD, Its called GTX Diesel

All 2.2 owners going for an oil change, insist on GTX Diesel - majority of the service centres are just putting in GTD.

TATA Motors called up regarding any issues with servicing and I also notified them about the engine oil mismatch, and they promised to call me in 72 hours to see that the matter is resolved with service centre

This is what email I got from Castrol, I wrote at the time when I refused the service centre to fill up GTD

Quote:
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 7:35 PM
Subject: Your query
Importance: High

Dear Mr. Anirban,
Thank you for your query. Yes, GTD is a CF4 oil, The right engine oil
to
use in this is Castrol GTX Diesel (also approved by Tata Motors) which
is a CH4 oil. Hope this is useful. Pls do feel free to get in touch if
you have any other queries.

Regards
Shyam Narayan
Brand Manager - Passenger Car Oils

QUESTION : TATA Safari 2.2 Dicor uses a higher grade engine oil
than that of the Safari Dicor 3.0.

The recommended engine oil specification that of 2.2 per manual is
API-CH4 + MB228.3.

Tata Safari 3.0 has engine oil specification as API-CF, which is met
by Castrol GTD.

Can you please let me know which engine oil of Castrol meets the
specification API CH4 or higher to be used in Safari 2.2 Dicor.

Thanks much in advance.
Old 6th December 2007, 23:51   #172
BHPian

@ aburagohain

you can look at the Michelin AT tubless tyres. I find them good for road and (to some extent) off roading as well
Old 7th December 2007, 10:03   #173
Senior - BHPian

Good effort Adc, keep us updated on the reply from TATA. This is good info posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
All 2.2 owners going for an oil change, insist on GTX Diesel - majority of the service centres are just putting in GTD.

TATA Motors called up regarding any issues with servicing and I also notified them about the engine oil mismatch, and they promised to call me in 72 hours to see that the matter is resolved with service centre

This is what email I got from Castrol, I wrote at the time when I refused the service centre to fill up GTD
Old 7th December 2007, 17:17   #174
BHPian

@ aburagohain

are you changing the regular wheels for allloys??? how much does it cost??
Old 7th December 2007, 23:54   #175
BHPian

thanks for the suggestion indianrunner, but i am putting off shoe change for now, instead planning to put the dough on a dvd player with integrated 4" lcd to take care of rear view, after taking delivery today eve and few short runs on narrow bangalore roads and by-lanes, the rearview system seems to be the most important add on right at the moment!
thanks to all the members who have been posting many a very useful piece of info on the 2.2 vtt threads, prepared me well in advance for the delivery. i am enjoying the ride, that's all i can say at the moment, the power is great, will find out the true strength of the bear (as coined by harjeev rightfully) only after the run-in is over..
cheers guys!
Old 8th December 2007, 10:30   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
Hi All,
Here is a question to the Sarari owners regarding change of tires.
I am taking delivery of a 2.2 LX tomorrow and plan to head straight for a change of shoes, till now had been considering the Bridgestone Dueler 689 tubeless, but after reading many a bad reviews on the net, headed here for some advice. The deal I got from one of the dealers in South Bangalore is 1k extra for each tire exchange, sounded nice till I read the reviews for the same.
My intention is to put tubeless tires on the stock rims, no change in section width or aspect ratio. The use would mostly be in-city and the occasional weekend outing, I am not considering any serious off-roading with two wheel drive and the weight of the vehicle.
Can someone suggest me a tire of the specification 235/70R16 for decent exchange price? Any info on exchange price would be helpful as such!
Regards.
go for Michelin Latitude Tour HP. details at Michelin India - Home
Old 11th December 2007, 11:31   #177
BHPian

Harjeev

Any signs of oils leaks? Bruty has reported oil leaks in his post !!
Old 13th December 2007, 11:56   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
Harjeev

Any signs of oils leaks? Bruty has reported oil leaks in his post !!
Nope no oil leaks till now. My beast is parked in the same spot each night and not a drop of oil visible on the pavement

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
@ aburagohain

are you changing the regular wheels for allloys??? how much does it cost??

I changes my BEAR's wheels for alloys and even the tires.
I paid a total of 21K for the entire thing. the alloys can be seen in my gallery.
Old 15th December 2007, 10:14   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faisalmagnet View Post
harjeev bhai,your safari color pure white or pearl white? 21k for alloys with tyres?

The color is Pearl White.

I paid 21K for the alloys with the tyres. The 21 K was after trading in my stock steel rims and stock bridgestone tyres
Old 15th December 2007, 11:23   #180
BHPian

T-BHP-ians... Thanks for providing valuable feedbacks and review. In fact your reports were so addictive that I ended up booking a Safari which I never thought I'll do in near future. I came here for getting help on deciding b/w Swift Vdi vs Getz Crdi, but after goin thru the Feedbacks on the New Safari, I culdn't think of any other car other than Safari.

Anyways, I have bookd Quartz Black Safari EX 4x4 from Prerana Motors, B'lore. They've given me two options.

1. Wait till Jan to get 2008 vehicle atleast on papers. or
2. Take delivery on Dec 22nd with Temp registration and do Registration in Jan. The invoice and other docs will be dated dec 2007.

Please suggest which one wud be a better option? Also is it possible to fix a 2 DIN HU in Safari?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks