Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2010, 14:13   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
wow, good to see Figo being spotted in Bengaluru too.

Can understand price decisions being withheld until official launch.. but any reason why they haven't officially disclosed details like variants, features, mileage, etc. when the car is already in production. Any likelihood of such values changing so late in the life-cycle ?
I think there are 4 variants for both 1.2 Petrol and 1.4 Diesel. For now, we know only the features of top end variant - TITANIUM.

Features of other variants might be released along with Prices. I think variants and features would have been pretty much decided when the cars were sent out to media for Test Drives. I really doubt whether they can do changes, like trying to throw in a feature or two based on reviews of the media and bloggers.

For now, most reviewers have praised Figo to the core and are pretty much content with what Figo brings to the table. I think its a marketing ploy from Ford as lot is riding on Figo for them. They might want to have higher bookings than what Beat has managed. Price and ARAI FE figures are two trump cards which Ford wants to use it in the end. Should be interesting to see how they unveil it all.

Last edited by rajivn : 18th February 2010 at 14:14.
Old 18th February 2010, 15:05   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
may be,but still if thats for a demo, why would a dealer run it around city with personal name registered TN plates on it.
Dealers do that a lot. Before the Cruze was launched i had seen one parked near my house. GJ-17 number plates. Later on we saw the same car in the showroom. I am saying "same" car as there was some markings which were there on the exact same car.
Old 18th February 2010, 15:24   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
... They might want to have higher bookings than what Beat has managed. ...
In all the reviews so far, everybody seem to be praising the "feel" rather than the "looks" of this car. So, I guess it may be worthwhile for Ford to let more people feel the car (through TDs). If prospective buyers like the drive-ability they might as well postpone buying some other car in a hurry. (anyway, i presume, Ford would know better .. so its just plain waiting for us folks)
Old 18th February 2010, 15:51   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Dealers do that a lot. Before the Cruze was launched i had seen one parked near my house. GJ-17 number plates. Later on we saw the same car in the showroom. I am saying "same" car as there was some markings which were there on the exact same car.
i know that buddy, but in this case it was TN registered car which was not tagged demo, nor was it in red number plates but in usual white with black plates so thinking.Anyways would like to say it looked much smaller then older fusion, shorter too,and looked more like she then he as fusion did.
Old 18th February 2010, 16:46   #380
BANNED

It sounds like a great car, for the segment and price!

I am wondering about the safety of the car --- since it is meant for India (and other developing countries) only, I am a bit skeptical if it has gone through the same kind of rigorous crash-testing, etc, as is usually the case for cars meant for developed countries. How do we know the crash worthiness of this car? Does it have good crumple zones, safety beams, etc?

Does Figo have a Euro NCAP safety rating OR any other safety rating?
Old 18th February 2010, 17:48   #381
Senior - BHPian

Here it is...

Euro NCAP - For safer cars | Ford Fiesta
Old 18th February 2010, 18:07   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Hey that a test result for Fiesta. I think this will not hold true for FIGO as it has gone lot of remodeling ,changing the dynamics & impact protection characteristics of the vehicle.
Old 18th February 2010, 21:00   #383
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Hey that a test result for Fiesta. I think this will not hold true for FIGO as it has gone lot of remodeling ,changing the dynamics & impact protection characteristics of the vehicle.
Right!
If they have skimped on the cost - isnt it possible that they have reduced the strength of the structure, skimped on safety beams, etc?

I appreciate that Figo is coming with various features like airbags, ABS, emergency braking lights, etc.. But, none of that are a substitute for the structural capabilities of a car.. I am not able to find any safety rating for Figo, so far..
Old 19th February 2010, 09:34   #384
Senior - BHPian

Ford doesnt skimp & save on the structural part of a Vehicle like the other mass manufacturer!

They have their own crash test facility in the Chennai manufacturing plant and I have sources in Ford who can vouch on the same.

And the Euro Fiesta is the base platform for the Figo and the NCAPs would certainly apply!
Old 19th February 2010, 10:06   #385
BANNED

well, then lets hope that Ford goes public with their crash-test results for figo.

I am quite keen on buying a Figo D (and sell off my Fiesta P), but I would definitely need to know the results of crash testing on Figo done by an independent agency... I wouldn't take Ford or any other manufacturer on its word.. For, eg. I wouldn't consider buying an Indica -- because I doubt if that is made to meet any crash-safety standards.

And considering the frequency of accidents on Indian roads (especially highways), crash-safety is a paramount concern to me.
Old 19th February 2010, 17:35   #386
BANNED

According to my sources (he, himself is buying one) says, the Figo has better crash protection than the outgoing fusion. it meets NCAP standards b/w 4 & 5 stars whereas the fusion was only 4 stars. It will also be the safest ford car in India with respect to pedestrian safety.

Now the best part, Expect the spares to cost even less than the maruti swift.
My source tells me, "Almost 80% of all mechanical,service or body parts will be lesser in cost in comparison to the swift (both Petrol & Diesel)".
Old 19th February 2010, 18:50   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
well, then lets hope that Ford goes public with their crash-test results for figo.

I am quite keen on buying a Figo D (and sell off my Fiesta P), but I would definitely need to know the results of crash testing on Figo done by an independent agency... I wouldn't take Ford or any other manufacturer on its word.. For, eg. I wouldn't consider buying an Indica -- because I doubt if that is made to meet any crash-safety standards.

And considering the frequency of accidents on Indian roads (especially highways), crash-safety is a paramount concern to me.
Given the choice between a Nano (which has a Ncap rating I think) and Figo (or for that matter Beat and other sub 4lac hatches but no Ncap rating), which will you judge "more safe" and actually believe in it?
Old 19th February 2010, 18:57   #388
BHPian

You're a rare breed, I dont recall the last time someone asked me for a car's NCAP rating.

We Indians tend to be optimists and assume that the car will keep us safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post

Old 19th February 2010, 20:55   #389
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Given the choice between a Nano (which has a Ncap rating I think) and Figo (or for that matter Beat and other sub 4lac hatches but no Ncap rating), which will you judge "more safe" and actually believe in it?
Does the Indian version of Nano have a NCAP rating? I doubt it.
I have heard (and seen some videos) of Nano going through extensive crash-testing in Europe.. But I suspect that is the Nano version planned to be released in Europe, which will have too many structural modification / upgrades done over the Indian version....

Enjoy this youtube video to see what a structurally sound car can do for you in crunch times!

Old 19th February 2010, 20:55   #390
BHPian

Toyota Fortuner seems to be good. But I not the best in its category.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks