Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2020, 21:32   #10981
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

The interior dome light bracket on my Ford figo got chipped while removing the light. The place where the light assembly latches onto the bracket has broken off. Buying the bracket off boodmo with part id 98AB13733AB3YRB. Is this the correct variant?

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-98ab...b3yrb-22112813

Furthermore I'm having difficulties in releasing the light from the bracket. It's free from all side but is still not dropping down. Is there something that I'm missing? I'm guessing the replacement of the dome bracket will be a straight forward process by undoing the 2 screws after the light is released.

Last edited by kedar3223 : 24th November 2020 at 21:36.
Old 25th November 2020, 21:46   #10982
Senior - BHPian

Folks

The circular AC vents in the middle of the dash in my Figo have broken due to the weight of the phone holder my daughter had put. The ones in my Fiesta are perfect. As the Fiesta is going for a total loss, can i have them removed from the Fiesta and put in the Figo? I assume they are the same size.

Same question for the chrome-tipped gear lever cover. The one in the Figo has scratches and I suspect it was mischievously changed while it was getting serviced in Bangalore when the car was with my daughter.
Old 26th November 2020, 13:10   #10983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Folks

The circular AC vents in the middle of the dash in my Figo have broken due to the weight of the phone holder my daughter had put. The ones in my Fiesta are perfect. As the Fiesta is going for a total loss, can i have them removed from the Fiesta and put in the Figo? I assume they are the same size.

Same question for the chrome-tipped gear lever cover. The one in the Figo has scratches and I suspect it was mischievously changed while it was getting serviced in Bangalore when the car was with my daughter.
Hello guys---need your inputs please!
Old 1st December 2020, 12:10   #10984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hello guys---need your inputs please!
Yes, you can do it.
Old 1st December 2020, 13:03   #10985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post
The interior dome light bracket on my Ford figo got chipped while removing the light. The place where the light assembly latches onto the bracket has broken off. Buying the bracket off boodmo with part id 98AB13733AB3YRB. Is this the correct variant?

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-98ab...b3yrb-22112813

Furthermore I'm having difficulties in releasing the light from the bracket. It's free from all side but is still not dropping down. Is there something that I'm missing? I'm guessing the replacement of the dome bracket will be a straight forward process by undoing the 2 screws after the light is released.
Is this site "boodmo" worth buying from? I have a few spares I have to buy and thought of confirming before taking the next steps...
Old 1st December 2020, 17:39   #10986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Is this site "boodmo" worth buying from? I have a few spares I have to buy and thought of confirming before taking the next steps...
For what it's worth, i got my part delivered within 5 days and it was an oem part.
Old 30th December 2020, 18:46   #10987
BHPian

Dear fellow 1.4 TDCi owners, how are you dealing with low running of the car? Since work from home has become mandatory, my usage has reduced to 5 km essentials/grocery runs once or twice a week and a ~50 km weekend drive just to let the engine breathe.

How much damage will this reduced running cause to the engine? Right now the car is running fine, but I do not foresee a change of routine for at least the next 4 months, after which it might change. Will there be irreversible damage by then?

I had planned to keep this car for as long as possible but under the current circumstance I am debating whether to sell it now before something goes wrong.

I have a 2014 model, with 95000 km on the ODO.
Old 4th January 2021, 12:35   #10988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post
I wanted to share an experience I had a couple of days ago with my Figo (2012 Exi Petrol, 30,000km).

My wife and I were driving back home at about 830pm when my Figo's transmission went lifeless....
Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Can you please share more details (steps with photos if possible) on how to access & remove this plastic cover to check the bush status?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
Another view of the same part taken when I got the selector seal replaced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post
I'll be glad to help, although I don't have pictures of the fitting process, but it should be fairly straightforward.
Well, this happened to me on last Saturday evening! Was returning back through Agumbe Ghat and when nearing Aldur (after completing the climb), the gear lever went lifeless. I knew what the issue was, but was worried about what to do since it was already 5pm & had my little kid (along with my wife & my friend) in the car middle of nowhere.

Luckily, a local auto, which was passing by, stopped and my friend went with him to look for a mechanic. In the meanwhile, another luggage auto person helped in moving the car beyond the edge of the road to avoid traffic pile up.

The auto guy took my friend to a mechanic whom he knew would come for such issue & returned in 10 mins (with the mechanic and the trolley jack), he checked & fixed it temporarily, and drove it to the workshop which was 2km away in Aldur.

In the workshop, the mechanic put some suitable bush which he had and tied it up with a binding wire as well to ensure that there is no possibility of the gear shift cable slipping off/falling off the pin again. Drove to Chikmaglur & managed to buy a spare bush in Chikmaglur - local one for Rs 200 (my friend's contacts knew which shop exactly to go for it), but did not risk replacing it since it was already past 6pm and I was confident of the repair in Aldur as he had used an alternate rubber bush + tied it up with a binding wire.

To be honest, everything happened like clock work and we were out of the problem situation within 25-30 mins - from gear lever going lifeless to getting back on the road again. Also, my friend who was not planning to join me, came along just like that - without whom the mechanic wouldn't have arrived. It was just like a miracle for me to be honest.

And I have to appreciate the local people there who immediately came to help without even asking - be it the auto person who took my friend to the right mechanic and the other luggage auto driver who stopped just to help me and also shared another mechanic's phone number in case it was needed.

Last edited by null : 4th January 2021 at 12:41. Reason: typo
null is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 12:51   #10989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Well, this happened to me on last Saturday evening! Was returning back through Agumbe Ghat and when nearing Aldur (after completing the climb), the gear lever went lifeless. I knew what the issue was, but was worried about what to do since it was already 5pm & had my little kid (along with my wife & my friend) in the car middle of nowhere.

And I have to appreciate the local people there who immediately came to help without even asking - be it the auto person who took my friend to the right mechanic and the other luggage auto driver who stopped just to help me and also shared another mechanic's phone number in case it was needed.
You were extraordinarily lucky! Thank your stars!

Going by the frequency of this part's failure, it might be prudent to carry a spare in the glove box. I am going to do this for sure, though the bush was replaced in my Figo only a year and half ago.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 13:02   #10990
BHPian

Folks, any helpful pointers you can give me on this post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragntailonfire View Post
How much damage will this reduced running cause to the engine?
Basically the concern boils down to this: Is there going to be potential damage to the engine (injectors or other components) if the car is used just once or twice a week?

Am I being paranoid or overthinking here? I am this close to seeking a petrol car as replacement.
Old 7th January 2021, 21:35   #10991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragntailonfire View Post
Folks, any helpful pointers you can give me on this post?

Basically the concern boils down to this: Is there going to be potential damage to the engine (injectors or other components) if the car is used just once or twice a week?

Am I being paranoid or overthinking here? I am this close to seeking a petrol car as replacement.
Don't think too much. Less running will not harm the engine. Just see that the engine reaches operating temperature whenever you take it out and keep it running at that temp for atleast a while before parking it. Once a month, take it out to the highway and give it the beans so it does some high rpms as well.

I use additives on every tankful and it helps as well in retaining the smoothness.

Last edited by tharian : 7th January 2021 at 21:36.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 19:52   #10992
Senior - BHPian

As I don't have an LTO thread on the Figo 1.4 tdci Titanium of Oct 2012 vintage, I thought of posting some recent repairs on this thread.

As the car was 8+ years old and had around 80000 clicks on the odo, I was planning to give it for a change of timing belt and other belts. The drive belt was changed 4 years ago, but looked frail. This apart i found some fluid leakage under the car, but not much.

I give it to Vibrant Ford a couple of months ago, and they found a coolant leak from the thermostat housing. Therefore they replaced it and also some coolant. Cost me Rs 6710 for that (3700 for the thermostat assy, 1700 for the coolant and the rest labor).

This apart, changing the timing and drive belts, with tensioners, pulleys, idlers, etc, cost me Rs 15073.

And then I got the air and fuel filters changed a month later for Rs 2243. And another Rs 550 for WA/WB/WR.

Overall it was 25k well spent. The Figo drives like new now. Took it for a 200 kms drive on Jan 1st, and it brought the smile back on my face---the same one i used to get from my erstwhile Fiesta.
vnabhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 15:21   #10993
BHPian

I have a query for Figo owners.

I'm looking for a used beater car for a first time purchase in Pune. Budget is capped strictly at 2 L. I'm looking for a vehicle with decent highway manners and sorted build quality. Vehicle will mostly be used in the city but I do intend on making trips to my home in coastal KA every couple of months which is a 650 km odd drive each way.

Given the strict budget cap, my options are limited to the Figo or the Punto if I want to stick to low mileage vehicles (50k - 70k km is okay).

Most Maruti's in that range are high mileage ones while the Altos and Santros are not the most confidence inspiring on long stretches of the NH4.

I have found multiple Figos on OLX within my budget (2010-2012 reg having run between 60k - 80k km). Would be helpful if existing owners could help out with some of my queries with their ownership experiences.

1. Wear and tear costs to be looked at for 60k kms. I'm aware clutch and timing belts generally wear at this mileage and can be a sizable amount to replace. Any other surprises I should be looking at?

2. Recommended service points in the Hinjewadi/Pimpri area. Will Ford SVC be reliable? Any recommended FNGs in the region for Figos.

3. Purely from a tractability and fun to drive aspect, Diesel or Petrol?
Old 24th January 2021, 15:49   #10994
Distinguished - BHPian

Buy the Diesel and thank me later many times over.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 11:01   #10995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlQuazi View Post
Any other surprises I should be looking at?
I got my used 2014 Figo 1.4 that had 60k on the ODO. I had a few unpleasant experiences down the lane.
  1. If going for the diesel, the first item you might need to check are the injectors. Make sure they are all working fine.
  2. Then comes the suspension components like shock absorbers, Tie rods, bearings, link rods the whole works as well as the steering components like ball joint, idler arm etc
  3. Make sure the door locks are working fine. I had a nasty surprise when my remote failed and I tried to open the door using the key.
  4. After that the engine and gear mounts can be checked to make sure they are holding up good.
For most of these items, you will have to take the vehicle to a good workshop and get it checked from there.
dragntailonfire is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks