Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2012, 19:45   #466
BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Sunilrj, This is APRIL 2011 vehicle. I am 100%
Old 21st July 2012, 19:47   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinoctober View Post
Sunilrj, This is APRIL 2011 vehicle. I am 100%
i am 200% sure that it is April 2011! The Tafe Manager is trying to make an a** out of me!
Old 21st July 2012, 19:53   #468
BHPian

THe skoda guys are quite challenged guys ( most are ignorant of the vehicle or its features ). they are not making an A*** out of you they are plain ignorant .
well its my experience since 2 weeks.
If you want 4x2 you will get 2012 having said that their is nothing wrong with 2011 as long as you do a DOUBLE PDI inside out and upside down....cheers
Old 21st July 2012, 19:57   #469
BHPian

am ok with a 2011 Model. but the point here is that the dealer is trying to push a 2011 model saying its 2012 model and denying me the benefit of discount! if at all i purchase he will mark the year of manufacture in the RC as 2011. in other words trying to con me!
Old 21st July 2012, 20:06   #470
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Someone Please Decode this VIN and tell me from which Angle does it seem to be a 2012 Model Yeti: TMBMDD5L4BA700973

had dropped into Tafe @ mlr and enquired about the Yeti in stock. The Manager tells me that this is a 2012 Model and the Discount is Just 1 Lakh.

a VIN Analysis Gives me the below result
Drop a note to fellow BHPian Wildon. He should be able to help you.

By the way, I did not know that Yeti have DPF. I thought all VAG diesels sold in India are without DPF.
Old 21st July 2012, 20:28   #471
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj
am ok with a 2011 Model. but the point here is that the dealer is trying to push a 2011 model saying its 2012 model and denying me the benefit of discount! if at all i purchase he will mark the year of manufacture in the RC as 2011. in other words trying to con me!
Sunil.
You know how bad TAFE has been ever since we both have been talking to them - since last year.
So why even bother going to them now?
Old 21st July 2012, 20:29   #472
BHPian

[quote=Sunilrj;2847173]Someone Please Decode this VIN and tell me from which Angle does it seem to be a 2012 Model Yeti: TMBMDD5L4BA700973

try this link
?KODA - ?KODA AUTO
Old 21st July 2012, 20:32   #473
BHPian

Shankar, the fellow has got wind that i would be taking a car from Vinayak. he called me up and told me that if i purchase a car from vinayak he would deny service and not honour warranties. he claims that vinayak has been invading his territories and that he wont honour any service requirements of Vinayak customers!
Old 21st July 2012, 20:45   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Someone Please Decode this VIN and tell me from which Angle does it seem to be a 2012 Model Yeti: TMBMDD5L4BA700973
try this link ,this is what i tried. octinfo.com - Škoda Octavia info
Old 21st July 2012, 23:13   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Shankar, the fellow has got wind that i would be taking a car from Vinayak. he called me up and told me that if i purchase a car from vinayak he would deny service and not honour warranties. he claims that vinayak has been invading his territories and that he wont honour any service requirements of Vinayak customers!
THis is unbelievable to say the least. Lets say a person buys a car from Vinayak and relocates to Mangalore. Will TAFE refuse service because the car was sold by Vinayak? So Skoda's service network throughout the country has no meaning for the customer? This 'territory' business is internal affairs between the company and its dealers. Such policies are quite common in many businesses where territories are assigned to dealers. But nobody can put chains on the customer. Skoda can restrict Vinayak from canvassing in Mangalore. But they can't stop the customer from going to Bangalore and purchasing from Vinayak. If a customer in your own territory finds it prudent to go all the way to Bangalore to purchase the goods that you are selling, speaks of how unhappy he is dealing with you. Shame on you TAFE. What is worse is you are threatening him that you will not honour warranty claims and regular service!

If I were you Sunil, I would write to Skoda India about this 'threat' from TAFE and say that my confidence in Skoda as a brand is shaken because of this attitude from its dealer and hence I have cancelled my decision of purchasing the Yeti for now and any other Skoda product in future. It would be interesting to see their response.

Quote:
i am 200% sure that it is April 2011! The Tafe Manager is trying to make an a** out of me!
The car has been in their yard for over a year. Everybody in TAFE will know that its a year old inventory. Its plain and simple lying. Well it just goes to prove : Knowledge is power. . Vinayak too is no saint. They played a lot of tricks on me when I bought my Laura from them last year. First they tried to push a Dec 2010 model saying it was a 2011 model (This was in May 2011). Then they lied that fog lamps had been discontinued for good in the Laura Ambiente. It was only when I said that I am not buying the car without factory fitted fog lamps, that they changed their tune.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 21st July 2012 at 23:20.
Old 21st July 2012, 23:17   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Congrats autoskooll!. Can you post some more close up pictures of the fenders, the adjoining sections? And do you happen to know the accessory code number of the fenders?
Here are some close up shots of the fenders. They are a genuine skoda accessory. The code no. as you can see from the picture below is 5L0 071 069.
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-1.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-2.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-3.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-4.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-5.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-6.jpg
autoskooll is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2012, 08:09   #477
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat

The car has been in their yard for over a year. Everybody in TAFE will know that its a year old inventory. Its plain and simple lying. Well it just goes to prove : Knowledge is power. . Vinayak too is no saint. They played a lot of tricks on me when I bought my Laura from them last year. First they tried to push a Dec 2010 model saying it was a 2011 model (This was in May 2011). Then they lied that fog lamps had been discontinued for good in the Laura Ambiente. It was only when I said that I am not buying the car without factory fitted fog lamps, that they changed their tune.
None of the dealers are saints. We all know that they are all in it for money and not for love of consumers.

However, whichever dealer one goes to, it is worth building relationships with them at Sales centre and Service centre as well.

That is the only thing that works.

Sales and After Sales Service are established processes with established standards. However, we are NOT a process oriented country and processes will never be able to outweigh the individuals in the system.

Hence, it is important to recognize this and ensure that our individual relationships work for us!
Old 22nd July 2012, 10:36   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinoctober
THe skoda guys are quite challenged guys ( most are ignorant of the vehicle or its features ). they are not making an A*** out of you they are plain ignorant .
well its my experience since 2 weeks.
If you want 4x2 you will get 2012 having said that their is nothing wrong with 2011 as long as you do a DOUBLE PDI inside out and upside down....cheers
Completely subscribe to this thought. I get an increased feeling that these folks do not know their product. If we are buying a product from a company, my basic necessary criteria is that their sales folks need to know what they are selling and have options ready at hand.
Old 22nd July 2012, 22:08   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
Here are some close up shots of the fenders. They are a genuine skoda accessory. The code no. as you can see from the picture below is 5L0 071 069.
Attachment 960197
Attachment 960198
Attachment 960199
Attachment 960200
Attachment 960201
Attachment 960202
Thank you! From the instruction manual, I can see there are double sided tapes. Is that the only means to hold the fender to the arc? Are there any provision for screws? If it is just the tapes, the fenders may be prone to loosening when it hit any bush or obstacles.

Another thing, it is hard to tell from the photo, but does it gives a budge look to the car, in person?
Old 23rd July 2012, 09:31   #480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
None of the dealers are saints. We all know that they are all in it for money and not for love of consumers.

However, whichever dealer one goes to, it is worth building relationships with them at Sales centre and Service centre as well.

That is the only thing that works.

Sales and After Sales Service are established processes with established standards. However, we are NOT a process oriented country and processes will never be able to outweigh the individuals in the system.

Hence, it is important to recognize this and ensure that our individual relationships work for us!
Shankar, I totally agree that building relationships will help in the long run. But what kind of relationship can one expect to build with someone when the first thing they tell you is a lie? Yes, they are in business and in it for the money. We too don't expect any charity from them. The dealer is selling a product and we are paying for it.

If the dealer misrepresents facts and is trying to sell off a defective product then there's no point in having any relationship at all. Will the dealer accept a defective payment instrument? When the deal is for a 2012 Yeti , the customer expects a 2012 Yeti. If he has a 2011 Yeti in stock then he should negotiate the deal on the basis of this fact. No point in building a relationship with someone who is trying to deceive you. All we expect are some ethics in business, that's all!
Santoshbhat is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks