Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 00:01   #76
Senior - BHPian

16" tyres in that size are rare to find if you're on a budget unfortunately. If you're really looking ask around for any sets of almost-new (taken off brand new cars) sets of Goodyear NCT5's that a dealer might have, that's your best bet on a budget unless you're willing to go for Chinese tyres or something.
Old 17th May 2010, 03:30   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Please suggest me something and any shop in NCR which can provide good deal.
Want a good range and on a budget, contact Dinesh at Mahavir Tyre House B10, Palika Bhavan, RK Puram, Sector13. This is across the ring road from Hyatt in Bikaji Cama. Telephone 24672913 or 9811882299. I found his prices most competitive amongst a whole lot of dealers in South Delhi and his advice sincere.
Old 17th May 2010, 08:36   #78
Senior - BHPian

Thanks alot guys.

How is Acelere's performance as compare to JK Vectra,

In Gurgaon, Acelere is costing 5300 Per Tire AND Acelere Sportz is costing 6400, after best bargain. How are these prices. Though sportz is only available in 205/55, causing 5mm decrease in GC.

I am in flux now, should I change the tire before the Leh trip or after it. Tyre wala suggested to get it replaced after the trip. He suggested to carry two tubes in case tyre gets cut and offered me on returnable basis if not used. Also he offered me another used tyre for the trip, but then I do not have that much space.

Current tyres have good tread but the have started fading and two tyres got very very small cuts in treads.
Old 17th May 2010, 11:06   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Change the tyres BEFORE you go! I dont understand how people are willing to risk their lives and the lives of their passengers for a few thousand rupees after buying a car worth close to 10 LAKHS!

You need the grip and comfort and stability of a new hrippier tyre on the highway. What is the point of changing it when you get back? If your older tyre bursts on the highway, you might not even get back to change the tyres.

The Aceleres are WAAAAAAAAAY better than the JK in every way. Go for it eyes closed.

Dont go in for the Sportz. 205/55 R16 is a wrong size and the Sportz is a bit of an untested tyre in my opinion.
Old 17th May 2010, 20:00   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Change the tyres BEFORE you go! I dont understand how people are willing to risk their lives and the lives of their passengers for a few thousand rupees after buying a car worth close to 10 LAKHS!

You need the grip and comfort and stability of a new hrippier tyre on the highway. What is the point of changing it when you get back? If your older tyre bursts on the highway, you might not even get back to change the tyres.

The Aceleres are WAAAAAAAAAY better than the JK in every way. Go for it eyes closed.

Dont go in for the Sportz. 205/55 R16 is a wrong size and the Sportz is a bit of an untested tyre in my opinion.
Nikhil Bro, thanks for your concern, but as I mentioned, Tyres do have good tread, that means good grip, Its just that tyres are fading side ways and wheel alignment is never perfect. Also there is wobble with some tyre in front, but that has been taken care by rotating them.

And one of the tyre has the middle treads very minor cuts

I guess I will post pictures more to make it clear
So situation is not life threatening at all , but I fully understand every single word you said and agree 100%

The idea of changing the tyres after the trip was based on the fact on some of the sections, even new tire might get cuts and damages, so let it happen on old one and then change after the trip. but I think overall its not a good idea

Now to the tyre, how is price of 5300 per tyre

Last edited by rkbharat : 17th May 2010 at 20:03.
Old 17th May 2010, 23:27   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

the price seems fair. Really cheap when you compare it with the other brands.
Old 18th May 2010, 08:55   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
I am in flux now, should I change the tire before the Leh trip or after it. Tyre wala suggested to get it replaced after the trip.
For a rocky terrain I wouldn't choose on a profile lesser than 60 on the side walls. For a place like Leh am sure it definitely commands tires with strong sidewalls. I did put my money on the Apollo's and try to get 60 profile tires.
Old 18th May 2010, 13:39   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
the price seems fair. Really cheap when you compare it with the other brands.
From your reply , I feel there is still some scope to get more better deal .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
For a rocky terrain I wouldn't choose on a profile lesser than 60 on the side walls. For a place like Leh am sure it definitely commands tires with strong sidewalls. I did put my money on the Apollo's and try to get 60 profile tires.
Yes, I will go for stock 205/60R16 size
Old 19th May 2010, 19:46   #84
Senior - BHPian

help help

Acelere is not available anywhere in NCR in 205/60R16 size, this guy in gurgaon had only three pieces :(
Old 21st May 2010, 10:41   #85
Senior - BHPian

Help Help Urgent

please help.

No Aceller anywhere, out of stock, now what is the option?
Old 18th June 2010, 22:53   #86
BHPian

My SX4's JK Vectras have worn out now after 50100 kms. Have gone through this thread and also a couple of others and have decided on CPC2 (225/55/R16).

I made a couple of enquiries today and the best price offered to me so far for this tyre is Rs.8300/-. I'm told that sub-8K price was available earlier due to discounts and the current price is for 2010 manufactured tyres.

Is this price fair?

Pls help as I plan to change the tyres by this sunday.
Old 18th June 2010, 23:11   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes. That is true. 2008 manufactures tyres were being offered at a discount.
Old 19th June 2010, 10:14   #88
BHPian

Thanks, Nikhil. So, do I take this price as fair and go ahead?
Old 27th June 2010, 18:48   #89
BHPian

It's been a week since I changed my JK Vectras to Conti CPC2s (225/55/R16).

I've noticed a slight drop in pick up. Though the speedo still climbs to 160 and sometimes, if I'm lucky to 180, but it annoyingly takes more time getting there.

From this experience I would recommend to fellow bhpians contemplating a change of tyres for their SX4 ZXi to stick to the stock size (205/60/R16). Pls do go for a better set of tyres, if you must, but stick to 205/60s.
Old 28th June 2010, 16:30   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello,

I am thinking of buying a SX4-ZXi (well, still in very bad dilemma between SX4 and Linea) and need to include tyre upgradation cost in my cost of ownership analysis.

Does anybody know the current prices for CPC2 and Michelin LC tyres in Bangalore? I want to keep the stock size (205/60/16), and only change the tyre from JK to something better.

Also, what is the best price (again, in Bangalore) I can get for the stock JK tyres? The Maruti dealer offered only Rs. 1800 per stock tyre if I upgrade tyres from them. I thought this was very low. I read numbers like Rs. 3500 here, and wanted to confirm that this is still the price in Bangalore.

Any tips and especially any recommendation for a good tyre shop in Bangalore for this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
-AD

Most Viewed