Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2012, 11:26   #391
Senior - BHPian

re: Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
Hi Hiren

there are some very good reviews of ZLO, detailed discussion on the same can be found on this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...nce-tyres.html .

It has has nive pattern and it is cheaper as well, i suggest you research a bit more about them.
I am aware of that thread and have gone through it. The only factor against it is that they are noisy a highway speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
C-drives are apparently better in the wet, even though the DB series will be more silent. IMO that tilts it in favour of the C-drives.
That's a big plus Akshay. Spoke to Kenny, he will have to order db tires but C-drives he's got in stock.
What's surprising is that Saifee is giving a better rate as well as a better buy back for my stock Goodyears.

Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 11:29   #392
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
That's a big plus Akshay. Spoke to Kenny, he will have to order db tires but C-drives he's got in stock.
What's surprising is that Saifee is giving a better rate as well as a better buy back for my stock Goodyears.

Thanks
In that case just pick up the C-drives, they won't disappoint. Also tell Kenny to better the price given by Saifee

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 29th February 2012 at 11:35.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 11:34   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
In that case just pick up the C-drives, they won't disappoint. Also tell Kenny to better than price given by Saifee
Ha ha, will surely do that. This will be my fourth purchase from him. I hope he agrees.
Again, you've got some fast hands.

Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 13:26   #394
Senior - BHPian

Spoke to Kenny from Pal tires and he's agreed for 5K per tire for C-drives in stock 195/60 R15 for my Punto. Will still need to get the best deal for my Goodyear GT3.

Will be visiting him on Friday at 11:00 AM.

Cheers
Old 1st March 2012, 14:26   #395
BHPian

I recently bought new tyres for my Punto (195/60 R15). After all the analysis, went in for Apollo Acelere. I got the offer of about Rs. 4450/- per tyre from Balaji Tyres on Telco Road in Chinchwad.

In the context of my previous bad experience with Primacy LC's (two tyres developed sidewall bulge within the first month), it was very difficult to come to right decision. I think folks have reported problems with almost all makes of tyres. Neverthless, I was thinking of Yoko "C" or "A" tyres, and had good amount of discussions with Lokamanya Tyres of Pune, who I appreciate were very helpful in giving necessary details and also good price quotes.

At the end I chose Apollo mainly because I read that their design is based on Primacy LCs, and with some money saved (Rs. 2k to 4k depending on which other tyre I would have bought), I can hope to provision for one tyre later if need be. Moreover, the tyres were Feb 2012 manufacturing date, and that clinched the deal for me.

Now, one thing I am quite unhappy is the manufacturers don't accept possibility of manufacturing defects. At the end of the day, the rubber + the polyster used for internal wires are all materials which can vary in the quality, and have different physical characteristics in different times. These manufacturers should give accurate amount of impact force that the sidewalls (and of course the main sections of tyres) are able to bear without any problem. Ultimately there is physics involved. So, if my tyre turns out to be having a sidewall problem, I would get impact test done and prove that sidewall was indeed weak. (I am sure the labs of all these tyre companies would have all kinds of measurements.)

This should be the norm for any product in market. For e.g. if you want to purchase water purifier, it is very much possible to validate scientifically how pure the water is... Just that the government is not able to bring right regulations because public can't think scientifically. But this forum can probably make a difference!

Last edited by privin : 1st March 2012 at 14:32.
Old 4th March 2012, 13:42   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hey guys,
I'm deciding between Yokohama C-Drives, MRF Z.L.O. and Yokohama AVS DB series for my Punto Emotion. These will be an upgrade from the stock 195/60R15 Goodyear GT3's.

Both the Yokohama's are around 5k to 5.2K while ZLO is around 4.7K.
The yokohama's are proven but not quite sure about ZLO, it seems to be from what I've read on its thread. It supposedly quiet in the city but noisy at higher speeds.

I am leaning towards the db series. Do share your thoughts.

Thanks
Take sometime to go through this - will give you clear positioning for Yokohama tires
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2022454
Old 16th April 2012, 12:37   #397
BHPian

Hi,

What is the right upgrade for Punto Dynamic 2012 model? The stock tyres are of Goodyear's.

One is advised to upgrade the rim size as well?

Cheers!
Irish
Old 16th April 2012, 14:48   #398
BANNED

Finally GC Upgrade is done on our Linea. Now its time to change the Tyre and RIM. Opting for Fiat OEM alloys . For tyre now thinking of Yoko C drive. In Chennai they are quoting 5150/- (195/60/R15) is that a good price? or any other good recommendation for Tyres?
Old 16th April 2012, 15:19   #399
BHPian

Yep, that's the price I paid for. I also got a good buy back price for the stock JK tires, and alloys at a discounted price as well. Having used C-drives for about 9k km now, I would strongly reccommend them.
Old 16th April 2012, 15:26   #400
BANNED

^^ What was the price for Fiat OEM alloys? From which shop you done the changes?
Old 16th April 2012, 15:48   #401
BHPian

Tyre Store, Greams Road. I did not go for Fiat Alloys, instead I went for a brand called Luxotik.
CliffHanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 15:54   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
^^ What was the price for Fiat OEM alloys? From which shop you done the changes?
you can get used Linea/punto alloys ranging from 15-25k.
in banaglore try JC road, in chennai majestic tyres
ms001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 15:55   #403
Senior - BHPian

^^^

CliffHanger, would you mind sharing an image or two of the alloys and the cost of alloys?

And are they 98 PCD?
Old 22nd April 2012, 17:59   #404
BHPian

Hi,

For Punto Dynamic shoes, here are the quotes form different dealers:

Buy Back for OEM Goodyear (per tyre)
Karol Bagh = 2500
Reliance Autozone = 2000

Karol Bagh (185x65R14) (per tyre)
Yokohama A Drive = 3900 (7000 for set of 5 after buy back - With bill & warranty)
XM2 = 4400 (9500 for a set of 5 after buy back)

Reliance Autozone (195x60R14 - With bill & warranty) (per tyre)
Yokohama ES100 = 5150
Michelling XM1+ = 5725
XM2 = NA

What is the best set of tyres for highways for Dynamic (14 inchers)? Is it recommended to go for 15 inches with alloys?

Also please advise if I shall go for the Slime Puncture Sealent? That guy at Reliance autozone quoted around 3.5k for 4 tyres.

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 22nd April 2012 at 18:04.
Old 22nd April 2012, 18:35   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
^^^

CliffHanger, would you mind sharing an image or two of the alloys and the cost of alloys?

And are they 98 PCD?
KC, sorry for the delay. At the moment I just have this pic with me. I will try to upload some more once I get time. No, they aren't 98pcd, again not a 100pcd too. The installer used some term which I don't remember. The installer has a good reputation here and I just trusted him.

Total cost of alloys + C drives after exchange of stock JK Tornados is ~23k. The quality of alloys seems to be really good.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-alloy.jpg  

CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks