Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2012, 09:49   #406
BHPian

re: Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hi All,

How are the Pirelli P6000 - 205/55/R15. I know a dealer who has got some stock of these tyres and they are of Nov 2011. He is giving me a decent price, I tried to search about these tyres on the forum - havent read anything bad about them, still any reviews would be welcome.

My rear right AA busted at 140 KM/H however due to Punto's amazing balance and handling the car did not sway and was always in control. I have decided to throw away the AAs now .
Old 25th May 2012, 10:22   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield View Post
Hi All,

How are the Pirelli P6000 - 205/55/R15. I know a dealer who has got some stock of these tyres and they are of Nov 2011. He is giving me a decent price, I tried to search about these tyres on the forum - havent read anything bad about them, still any reviews would be welcome.

My rear right AA busted at 140 KM/H however due to Punto's amazing balance and handling the car did not sway and was always in control. I have decided to throw away the AAs now .
“Fine in the dry, shocking in wet or bad weather. Avoid. ”

Pirelli P6000 Tyres Reviews | Tyres | Review Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I have used a set of Pirelli P6000 in my Ikon. P6000 doesnt come in the High Performance product line of Pirelli. But, they are excellent tires. The tires are soft and the sidewalls are strong enough to hold good in our indian conditions. The grip is lethal and driving around with Pirelli shoes is fun. I have clocked over 40K KMs when I sold my car and I had only 2 punctures through its life and no other issues.

The only thing is to make sure you are not getting some old stock thrown in for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I have the Pirelli P6000 175/65 R14. Bought them @ 2600Rs. Per tyre from the Pirelli Sales Center which is located in Vodadora.

The tyres are too good giving good traction & less noise. I have run it for around 20K Kms and the tyres are still in very good condition. I would suggest you to take a look at the Pirelli tyres too!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...sport-3-a.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
2 of my Pirelli P6000 had developed a bulge in the sidewall.
So i started contemplating on the options.
Was confused between the Michelin PP2 and AD-07 225/50R16.
jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 09:10   #408
BHPian

Hi Team,
I have a 2010 Punto emotion done about 32K.The tyres have about 5-6K life left in them. However, I would like to change my tyres soon. My current tyres are 165 / 80 R14. I am looking to go for 195/60 R15(tyre size of the earlier emotion pack). Not quite sure if there has been a suggestion for the following requirements
-80% of the mileage done in my car is on highways. I am a fairly sedate drive. Would be cruising mostly between 80-100 KMPH most of the time.
-Want tyres which offer good amount of grip in most of the conditions.
-I can tolerate some amount of road noise. But not in the league of current JK Tornados.
-Last for about 40K (I am not sure if I am asking for too much here)

Some additional queries
-I am on a little tight budget. In case I am not able to buy the alloys. I am looking to purchase 15inch steel wheels and fit them with linea wheel caps. What do you guys think about the idea?
-Will TASS sell me 15 inch steel wheels from Linea?
-Any suggestions for buying tyre and alloys at Bangalore?

Thank you all in advance.
Old 1st June 2012, 17:24   #409
BHPian

I have another query apart from the above. Would changing over to 185/70 R14 from the current 165/80 R 14 affect the GC. I feel there might be a reduction in the GC.
Old 2nd June 2012, 09:34   #410
BHPian

Hello Flycatcher,

My needs when I was looking for a rubber change my requirements were pretty much the same as yours.
I have Yokohama dBV550 on. They are performing amazingly well. very less road noise, good grip in dry and wet conditions. For the spare, I have Yoko A drive.

I bought the rubber from Millivision, lalbagh road.

Read elsewhere on the forum that MRF ZLO is also very good. please check with our tyre expert Nikhil.
Old 2nd June 2012, 12:37   #411
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycatcher View Post
Some additional queries
-I am on a little tight budget. In case I am not able to buy the alloys. I am looking to purchase 15inch steel wheels and fit them with linea wheel caps. What do you guys think about the idea?
-Will TASS sell me 15 inch steel wheels from Linea?
Why won't the TASS sell that to you? if you want it, you'll get it.

If you go will not go for alloys very soon, stick to 14inchers and change to alloys for your next tyre change.
I would suggest 15 inch steel wheels only if it is temporary and only because of your budget..
Till you change to alloys, why don't you try some used steel wheels? There will be lots of those available in tyre shops from people who have changed to alloys. You'll get it for a very good price

Summary:
14inchers if you'll not change to alloys very soon
15inch steel wheels if you'll change to alloys soon

Quote:
I have another query apart from the above. Would changing over to 185/70 R14 from the current 165/80 R 14 affect the GC. I feel there might be a reduction in the GC.
There will be a reduction of 2.5mm to be precise
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 15:12   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
Hello Flycatcher,

My needs when I was looking for a rubber change my requirements were pretty much the same as yours.
I have Yokohama dBV550 on. They are performing amazingly well. very less road noise, good grip in dry and wet conditions. For the spare, I have Yoko A drive.

I bought the rubber from Millivision, lalbagh road.

Read elsewhere on the forum that MRF ZLO is also very good. please check with our tyre expert Nikhil.
Thanks. How much did they cost you?

Last edited by flycatcher : 4th June 2012 at 15:13.
Old 5th June 2012, 09:03   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. How much did they cost you?
Approximately 22K for 5 tyres, including the spare. The dB V550 was somewhere around 4350, and the A drive costed me 3800 i guess. But this was in July 2011.

Cheers.
Old 5th June 2012, 11:28   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield View Post
Hi All,

slightly OT. I have used a pirelli p4 155/65 on my alto vxi. bought on the basis of the dealers assurance. And immediately on that day I had to drive to Bangalore. In probably one of the worst summer thunderstorms to hit cbe.

The pirellis performed beautifully in the wet. and also later realised that the road noise was very low, compared to michelin xm(1?) earlier.

Pirelli seems quite under "reviewed" here at t-bhp.
Old 21st June 2012, 10:06   #415
BHPian

Hi All,

Has anybody got Linea or Punto Alloys from Kava Automobiles Mumbai ? How was the experience? My friend planing to buy, he has Punto, but heard from some people that they might ship bent alloys or used ones. Has anyone experienced this?
He stays in Bangalore. He is not able to decide. Please help.
Old 29th June 2012, 21:25   #416
BHPian

Guys, I have purchased a set of League alloys in 98 pcd and 14 inches. Now, I have shortlisted the following tyres (185/70/R14) based on local availability. Kindly suggest out of the following which would be best in terms of grip (dry and wet). Noise and ride quality are important but not as much as grip. Ride comfort should be anyway good with 14inchers
1. MRF ZLO (Rs 3900 per tyre)
2. Michellin XM2 (Rs 4800)
3. Yokohama A Drives (Rs 4000)
Old 7th August 2012, 13:06   #417
BANNED

My PUNTO 90HP has done 36300 KMs. Goodyear stock tyres available were replaced as one of the front tyre is found to have a deep crack in its side wall.

After a long discussion with son and better half, we finalised on Yokohama 195/60 R15 stock size Ultimate Silence tyres.

During the return journey from my native, I observed a fuel efficiency of 23 KMs per litre, earlier in Good year it was hovering around 18 to 19 KMs per litre. (based on the average readings available from the car itself)

The tryes are so smooth, I am able to hear only the engine noise, no other tyre noise... earlier it was too much of tyre noise....

Very happy with the new tyres.

Buttons are available in the old tyres it can do another 10 to 20K KMs... , getting in touch with old tyre vendor to sell of the Goodyear stock tyres...
Old 16th August 2012, 23:42   #418
BHPian

My friend owns punto emotion pack having 195/60/R15 tyres. Since he has crossed 55k kms and its the time to change tyres, he too in deep confusion.

Indian Tyres | Tyre market | Global Tyre companies
adrive_r1

Confusion is really between potenza My- 01 or yokohama c drive, any suggestions?
Old 17th August 2012, 17:00   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
My friend owns punto emotion pack having 195/60/R15 tyres. Since he has crossed 55k kms and its the time to change tyres, he too in deep confusion.

Indian Tyres | Tyre market | Global Tyre companies
adrive_r1

Confusion is really between potenza My- 01 or yokohama c drive, any suggestions?
C-drive. its one fantastic tyre
Old 22nd August 2012, 19:58   #420

Heres my conundrum.

Well, not really. I have two bent alloys from my 2009 Grande Punto Emotion Pack. I put new Yokohama dBs recently (about 6 months back). When I visited my tyre vendor yesterday to repair a puncture, I realised I had bent front alloys. Don't ask me how that happened (blame it on my driving or blame it on the Bangalore roads).

Now I have two options. Either go for OE alloys and replace the 2 OR go for a set of 4 shiny (or matt-ey) new alloys given my lack of trust on FIAT OE alloys (Afterall, how rash can one be to bend two wheels?).

The trouble is the epic FIAT logic of 98 PCD and even tyre nuts of a different size than usual (that is a completely different story. Guys, the OE wrench was screwed, I was stranded, got a wrench from Friend's Ritz... you get the drift)

I have minimal options of a new alloy. Can anyone pray tell me a good place to get 98 PCD alloys in Bangalore and also what brand/s should I go for and how much it should cost?

Thanks in advance,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks