Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2012, 19:40   #2476
BHPian
 
HotChillyPepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bang_a_lore
Posts: 605
Thanked: 215 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupin22 View Post
Can you please look up and tell me the month of manufacture of your vehicle? The one I have been allotted looks like was manufactured in March obviously to cater to the demand of people who won the lottery. But I am taking delivery over the week-end which is around 18th May. I am wondering if the car has been in the yard for close to a month now.
Mine is an April manufactured vehicle. Confirmed from VIN. Hopefully I will take the delivery by Sunday.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2012, 22:28   #2477
BHPian
 
Ketan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 825
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Mine is an April manufactured vehicle. Confirmed from VIN. Hopefully I will take the delivery by Sunday.
Congratulations HCP!

I'm sure you are going to enjoy the new ride and it will take you many places / miles.
What accessories you have in mind at the time of delivery and within few days of delivery!
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 01:48   #2478
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 491 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
He he I paid 35 for second service
What all is included in 2nd service? i mean any change of oil/filter or something. Mine is due this month so wanted to know what will be done in 2nd service.

For Rs 35, i guess they only do a wash
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 10:38   #2479
BHPian
 
dockap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 840
Thanked: 369 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo
About the extended warranty I was speaking with my RM today. His information was that he has been instructed to give the extended warranty coupon for vehicles allotted in the 1st lot, i.e those who booked & received their vehicle in Oct/Nov 2011. Since these vehicles would have come for compulsory first service by February, they were the only ones who were to get these. All vehicles from 2012 did not get it. This is purely my RM' POV. If someone else (2012 XUV guys) have got it, please do keep us informed.
I had booked my xuv awd on october 3rd and got delivery on march 7th 2012 and it is a feb 2012 manufactured vehicle. I was given the 3rd year extended warranty certificate at the time of delivery. Irrespective of delivery date or year of manufacture all people who booked in the first lot will get the 3rd year extended warranty.
I got the 1st service done for my xuv and total cost was Rs 2111/- the engine feels much smoother now and some of the niggles were fixed.
dockap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 11:53   #2480
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 50
Thanked: 25 Times
Talking Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Just wanted to know this. One of the guys I know lives in Hyderabad and he was alotted XUV 10 days ago. He is not interested in getting the vehicle now, but I am. However, I live in Chennai, he is in Hyderabad. Is there a way the vehicle can be taken in my name? Possibility of getting registration in Chennai?

Especially, I dont want his name in the RC or any other book and I want to register the vehicle in Chennai.

Thanks
krishnaraja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 11:59   #2481
BHPian
 
naveenchhillar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rohtak-Noida
Posts: 129
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
You mean, this reverse horn thingie is for real and comes with the car and not a bug? Or do you mean to say that its the security alarm that must be getting triggered on engaging reverse (result of a bug) in my friend's XUV?

PS: By the way folks, how do you get a membership to the Mahindra' exclusive XUV club (is that called Purple Patch or something)? I have not yet heard anything either from M&M or the dealer.

PS: Looks like at least 1 dealer in Hyd is giving a complementary 1 year additional warranty free of cost :o to its buyers. The other dealer (there are only 2 here) insists that all those dealer warranties are of zero value and 3 years down the line there won't be anyone ready to honor those warranties. Basically, I was looking for extended warranty which apparently is not yet available from M&M. Your take on it?

For Purple Club membership, please write an email to M&M customer care & they do reply. I got mine within 15 days of me sending an email

For 1 year extra warranty, I got it as well while I was on my routine visit to one of their workshops. Please be noted here that the workshop was not from the dealer where I got my car from. Still they gave that extra one year warranty card to me. So, I believe dealers have nothing to do with it, it is directed from M&M. My car is not from the first batch, I got it in March this year.
naveenchhillar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 12:50   #2482
BHPian
 
Monaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 119
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Guys, a silly question. How you do people manage to clean the rooftop of XUV? I see my driver trying desperately hard to clean all the dust in the morning! :P

Any easier way? Possibly side rails? or a standalone ladder?
Monaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 13:00   #2483
BHPian
 
MutantX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 868
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro View Post
Guys, a silly question. How you do people manage to clean the rooftop of XUV? I see my driver trying desperately hard to clean all the dust in the morning! :P

Any easier way? Possibly side rails? or a standalone ladder?
Monaro, get your driver a jopasu duster. It has a long handle and will be easy to clean XUV's rooftop.
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 13:27   #2484
BHPian
 
rohitbagai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 401
Thanked: 226 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli

What all is included in 2nd service? i mean any change of oil/filter or something. Mine is due this month so wanted to know what will be done in 2nd service.

For Rs 35, i guess they only do a wash
Infact I had a long list of 24 issues to be resolved at second service. They even changed the broken mudflap foc.
They topup the coolant etc and do a routine checkup at second service. It was done in February.
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 13:51   #2485
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,612
Thanked: 7,122 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Infact I had a long list of 24 issues to be resolved at second service. They even changed the broken mudflap foc.
...
Hey Rohit, Can you please share the details of those 24 issues on the XUV Niggles thread? Would really help others to watch out for a few things in their own XUVs.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 14:12   #2486
BHPian
 
rohitbagai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 401
Thanked: 226 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP
Hey Rohit, Can you please share the details of those 24 issues on the XUV Niggles thread? Would really help others to watch out for a few things in their own XUVs.
Those were the main issues ( I forgot few other issues ). Most of them are not niggles they were pending issues that I wanted them to sort at the service:-
Under body check
Baring sound from rear wheels
GPS not working
Tuflon redone
ECU reflashing
Tailgate sound
Break shoe sounds
Alignment redone
synthetic oil gearbox
Extra sound from back cheu cheu
Glass iching
Engine protection redone
TPMS problem re calibration (RR tyre swipe error)
Hard first gear
Door hinges change
Bonnet switch change because false alarm
Silencer bush RHS
Nippon center console software version to 3.8
Update mapnyindia
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 15:00   #2487
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,558
Thanked: 1,169 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaraja View Post
Just wanted to know this. One of the guys I know lives in Hyderabad and he was alotted XUV 10 days ago. He is not interested in getting the vehicle now, but I am. However, I live in Chennai, he is in Hyderabad. Is there a way the vehicle can be taken in my name? Possibility of getting registration in Chennai?

Especially, I dont want his name in the RC or any other book and I want to register the vehicle in Chennai.
Thanks
Technically Yes. As long as the vehicle is not registered in RTO in Hyderabad, YOU will be the first owner. You/dealer can drive on a Temp registration from Hyderabad to Chennai and regsiter it. Its a pain in the neck though and not sure if the dealer can help you

One way is to check with the "relationship managers" stationed at Mahindra A.S.S and they could chalk out a way. Who knows you might be lucky enough to get a vehicle in chennai itself (If someone cancelled his booking due to personal reasons).
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 15:31   #2488
BHPian
 
vrrraju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 185
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Technically Yes. As long as the vehicle is not registered in RTO in Hyderabad, YOU will be the first owner. You/dealer can drive on a Temp registration from Hyderabad to Chennai and regsiter it. Its a pain in the neck though and not sure if the dealer can help you

One way is to check with the "relationship managers" stationed at Mahindra A.S.S and they could chalk out a way. Who knows you might be lucky enough to get a vehicle in chennai itself (If someone cancelled his booking due to personal reasons).
@Bharath: I don't think that is feasible, as you know the taxation of the new cars are different for different states and also I don't think RTA office in Chennai will agree until you pay the life time tax in Chennai to get it registered. Though you can claim the tax paid in Andhra Pradesh on a later date but as you never know when that will come as it has to come from AP States RTA. I think only exception is when you don't have dealer in Chennai/TN. It is always good to check with the dealer because he needs to mention the place of registration in Form-20, and if he is allowed to do so while getting the TR.
vrrraju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 00:53   #2489
BHPian
 
dockap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 840
Thanked: 369 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Some photos of Sireesh Auto stockyard at Marathalli, Bangalore clicked when i had gone to get the first service for my XUV. There are at least 50 XUVs waiting to be delivered.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20120516-09.54.53.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20120516-09.55.39.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20120516-09.55.47.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20120516-09.56.30.jpg  

dockap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 10:30   #2490
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 114
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Some photos of Sireesh Auto stockyard at Marathalli, Bangalore clicked when i had gone to get the first service for my XUV. There are at least 50 XUVs waiting to be delivered.
Funny of you to say that. I live literally next door to SKS service center/stockyard and I hardly see any waiting-for-delivery XUVs there. There are plenty of Xylos and Scorpios parked there though.
bansal98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria a4anurag SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 116 10th May 2017 15:34
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks