Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2013, 10:45   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
There is a small correction in that review. Amaze has FGT and not VGT as you will read in my review on page 1.
Thanks for that clarification Vidyut. Did the car that you test drove at Motegi test track had a tachometer? If yes can you recollect from what rpm does the turbo kicks in (if not then even a wild guess would do)? Is the power boost more linear or an abrupt one like that in Swift/Dezire? Would the driveability be affected when the car if fully loaded with 5 adults + luggage?
Old 19th March 2013, 11:27   #467
BHPian

A dealer salesgirl was contacting me for Amaze, so I have booked @ Rs. 51000. They are holding atleast 60 bookings already, and say enough cars will be in stock tip

Latest information is launch in 2nd week of April, cars available for buying by end of April. Petrol Manual,AT & Diesel are launching together. But still no clear information on features in variants, colours or even approx pricing.
Old 19th March 2013, 11:42   #468
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thanks for that clarification Vidyut. Did the car that you test drove at Motegi test track had a tachometer? If yes can you recollect from what rpm does the turbo kicks in (if not then even a wild guess would do)? Is the power boost more linear or an abrupt one like that in Swift/Dezire? Would the driveability be affected when the car if fully loaded with 5 adults + luggage?
Yes the car did have a tacho and what was surprising was the push from the turbo was felt just above 1,200rpm. Turbo lag was much lesser than Dzire. Power delivery was also much linear and the engine was free revving.

Driveability in any car will be affected when you add 5 people which is like 300kilos + luggage. I drove the amaze with 2 other passengers plus me and it felt pretty quick.

Legroom at the back is where the Amaze truly shines. The clever packaging really shows when you see legroom is more than some C segment sedans. On top of that they have 400litres boot space.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 12:45   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Pictorial comparison between Amaze and Dzire for rear seat leg room and overall shape.

I think its a equal match.
Attachment 1062977
I have observed in the pics that you have put up as comparo tha the length seat of the Brio is much more DZire. Add to this the boot of the Brio is at least 25-30% bigger than the latter.

If this car is priced sensibly, it can make sure that the owners will be happier lot... & smiling ear-to-ear on an intelligent decision.
Old 19th March 2013, 13:35   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the car did have a tacho and what was surprising was the push from the turbo was felt just above 1,200rpm. Turbo lag was much lesser than Dzire. Power delivery was also much linear and the engine was free revving.
Thank you for the information Vid6639. The team bhp review of this car is what influenced me into consider buying diesel. I never thought that driving a diesel would be an enjoyable experience, they are reminiscent of the Tata Sierra my dad owned in the early 2000's with its engine clatter, lethargic pick up and constant niggles. Common rail engines seem to have changed all that.

What do you think is a price that makes this car good value?
Old 19th March 2013, 16:47   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Honda might pull out a big rabbit from the hat here, and unless they go the over-ambitious route and shoot themselves in the foot by pricing the Amaze beyond 8L for the top diesel variant, I see a big volume winner here for the Japanese company.
Just half an hour ago somebody from Honda called me in response to their Amaze feedback and said the car is being launched in April and the dealer will invite me for the launch.Guess fellow bhpians would be getting similar calls.

In response to my query, about the AT version- Yes, Price- will be revealed during launch.

Hope they don't price it unrealistically at launch because once proclaimed a dud in the indian market its difficult to take off especially now with diesel being deregulated. The top end Brio V AT on the Honda website says Rs.6.14 lakhs, so logically the petrol Amaze would cost more and the diesel even more.
microaubin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 17:13   #472
Senior - BHPian

Indian Autos blog has mentioned that Honda is holding the Media Drive of the Amaze this week. Looking forward for the Team Bhp Review.
Old 19th March 2013, 17:51   #473
BHPian

I also see the new CRV in the pictures, any details on that?
Old 19th March 2013, 18:44   #474
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Indian Autos blog has mentioned that Honda is holding the Media Drive of the Amaze this week. Looking forward for the Team Bhp Review.
Media drive is in Goa! Some journalists have already landed there & have been tweeting about it.
Eagerly awaiting the Official Team-bhp review(in Indian conditions).
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 18:47   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinfreak View Post
A dealer salesgirl was contacting me for Amaze, so I have booked @ Rs. 51000. They are holding atleast 60 bookings already, and say enough cars will be in stock tip

Latest information is launch in 2nd week of April, cars available for buying by end of April. Petrol Manual,AT & Diesel are launching together. But still no clear information on features in variants, colours or even approx pricing.
Hold on to your booking money and don't book just yet. The Amaze won't be available for immediate delivery upon launch so it will be like locking your money up for 1 and half months. It's better to do a booking around launch time, i.e., April 11th-ish. There will be plenty of cars on offer.

Plus, 51K is a big amount. I am sure by the time official bookings are open, the amount will be much lesser. I predict that we might see the first Amazes on the streets in May, not before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by microaubin View Post
Just half an hour ago somebody from Honda called me in response to their Amaze feedback and said the car is being launched in April and the dealer will invite me for the launch.Guess fellow bhpians would be getting similar calls.

In response to my query, about the AT version- Yes, Price- will be revealed during launch.

Hope they don't price it unrealistically at launch because once proclaimed a dud in the indian market its difficult to take off especially now with diesel being deregulated. The top end Brio V AT on the Honda website says Rs.6.14 lakhs, so logically the petrol Amaze would cost more and the diesel even more.
Invitations might be sent out in the first week of April. Funnily I am hearing that the AT might not be offered initially but a bit later. But I will be glad if it's launched immediately as well, with a really competitive price.

Once again, don't go running to book the Amaze unofficially just yet. Save your money for a bit more time, folks.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 19th March 2013 at 18:49.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 19:06   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
This car has huge success written all over it, and I can't wait for the Honda diesels to hit the market. It's actually not a bad looking sedan at all, except front-on where that grille looks puny. So; good-ish looks, reasonably spacious, affordable, a Honda and it's a Diesel. If this is not well received, I will be extremely gobsmacked.

Also great to see TBHP being invited to such events Great informative writeup Vid, much appreciated!
I think the car gets a bit of a character because the grill..Yes the car gets al the goodies to make it a reasonably well selling car and coupled with the offers that Honda will bring with it at the time of launch, the car has everything going in its favour. And after all, its a Honda
Old 19th March 2013, 21:50   #477
BHPian

Some updates.

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-image1299032431.jpg
sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 23:00   #478
BANNED

100 PS for this segment would be a new benchmark! Almost as good as the C2 Vento , Rapid etc.

But being a diesel, Torque would also be interesting to know, only then can we estimate real world power of this Honda.
Old 19th March 2013, 23:38   #479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
...But being a diesel, Torque would also be interesting to know, only then can we estimate real world power of this Honda.
OD tweets 100 PS & 200 Nm torque! Not sure that is officially confirmed though!

Edit::
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
Some updates.

Attachment 1063872
What's with the first update! Which diesel car in India has a 7000 rpm under 20L ??

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 19th March 2013 at 23:40. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
Old 19th March 2013, 23:40   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Other Points:
A li'l reliable birdie tells us that the ARAI rating will be anywhere between 22.8 - 24 kpl, and that the power ratings will be 99 BHP / 210 Nm torque. Of course, as of date, these are Honda's internal targets only.
If the Amaze is in fact 100 bhp, then kudos to Team BHP's accurate scoop! While most of the Automotive media including Autocar India pegged the car's power figures in the range of 85-90 bhp, Team BHP estimated it to be 99 bhp which would at first seem ridiculous from a sub-4 meter car built to a cost but is seemingly spot on. Thanks once again for the review Vid6639.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks