Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2016, 15:31   #10141
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Guys, I've got an Ecosport AT bought in Oct 2015 - have been facing an extremely weird issue:
Whenever I get my car pressure washed, the AC stops working for sometime (10-15 mins) - due to water ingression into the pressure sensor in the AC condensor.
I've got this issue checked by Ford and multiple independent AC workshops, but nobody seems to have a solution to this issue and they all say that it happens only during pressure wash and happens with all vehicles. I've got two Figo petrols and have never ever faced this issue - so I'm concerned whether this is a known issue with the Ecosport or something that only I am facing.
Also, the fact that independent AC guys have also given up on this issue means that it may be something normal - which maybe I have never faced till date.
Please lemme know if anyone else here has faced the same issue.
Old 6th June 2016, 15:45   #10142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz581993Mille View Post
Thank you guys for confirming! I never thought I'd say this but I hate this feature now. In slow moving bumper to bumper traffic this behaviour of the car just irritates me while driving especially after I found this happening. However, I actually did not notice this at all and I noticed it only when I paid too much attention to everything after the repair work when I just released the clutch in neutral and then saw the rpm go high and then come back. I think interferences like these will be inevitable in every car from now on.
Slight change in driving style will reduce this behaviour. Try to press the clutch a fraction of a second after you lift off the accelerator. When you lift off the gas completely and then press the clutch the rpm doesn't increase as much. Usually we tend to press the clutch while we are lifting off the gas which is when this rpm surge happens.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 21:49   #10143
BHPian

Hi Guys ;

Now after having driven the car for about 350kms it has plastered a wow on our faces , my last 2 cars were Hyundai Getz and the I20 5 speed Dsl , but what it is own a ford car for the ride and handling we are coming to know only now , last week Saturday I drove down from Jigani to Malleswaram via Bannerghata and Nice road , the Bannerghatta Road is broken at lot of places and because of the rains the situation was even worst.
Not even once I felt it either underpowered with full AC on and with 2 people , broken roads were handled with disdain ,I have got the Vkool V70 sunfilm put at the front and for the sides and back it was A70 economy series , got the 3M nomad mats done after taking the demo at 3M centre at RMV Etxn.
I want to know whether the parking sensors is really useful or it is 13K down the drain
I will try to post the photos of the mats tomorrow

Last edited by kkat : 6th June 2016 at 21:51.
kkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 22:50   #10144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Slight change in driving style will reduce this behaviour. Try to press the clutch a fraction of a second after you lift off the accelerator. When you lift off the gas completely and then press the clutch the rpm doesn't increase as much. Usually we tend to press the clutch while we are lifting off the gas which is when this rpm surge happens.
You are right, I've noticed the effect to be minimal when I use the clutch comparatively quicker. It still is quite difficult to get it right every time in slow moving traffic but not something I wouldn't get used to though. Thanks!
Old 7th June 2016, 12:42   #10145
Senior - BHPian

Dear fellow BHPians, need an urgent advice-

On Sunday was trying to park my EcoSport D in the parking area with a slight incline, actually something like a small footpath like barrier leading to the parking space on a slight pedestal where I had to use half clutch and rev the accelerator for it to climb the barrier a couple of times till I got the right power/push.

There was some clutch play by the time it actually got on to the parking space, there was some burnt rubber like smell, however did not notice any smoke etc.

Such an incident had happened over six months back as well while climbing a very steep incline in an underground parking lot which needed half clutch n accelerator application. This time around it had smelt very badly and smoke arose from inside the bonnet, but later after cooling down worked without an issue.

What is this issue? Can anyone explain if its the clutch burning or something and should I be worried or get it checked. Otherwise the car is running perfectly fine including clutch functioning etc.

Please let me know asap so that I can avoid any further damage to the machine.

Last edited by girishglg : 7th June 2016 at 12:58.
Old 7th June 2016, 13:11   #10146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Dear fellow BHPians, need an urgent advice-

On Sunday was trying to park my EcoSport D in the parking area with a slight incline, actually something like a small footpath like barrier leading to the parking space on a slight pedestal where I had to use half clutch and rev the accelerator for it to climb the barrier a couple of times till I got the right power/push.

There was some clutch play by the time it actually got on to the parking space, there was some burnt rubber like smell, however did not notice any smoke etc.

Such an incident had happened over six months back as well while climbing a very steep incline in an underground parking lot which needed half clutch n accelerator application. This time around it had smelt very badly and smoke arose from inside the bonnet, but later after cooling down worked without an issue.

What is this issue? Can anyone explain if its the clutch burning or something and should I be worried or get it checked. Otherwise the car is running perfectly fine including clutch functioning etc.

Please let me know asap so that I can avoid any further damage to the machine.
Slight burning happens at times when you climb inclines and can happen with any car. As long as there is no prolonged slippage and burning, it will back to normal after cooling off. Keep observing if you find anything unusual. If none, then just drive peacefully.

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 13:13   #10147
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Just the clutch burning smell that you would have got when you tried using half-clutch to get off the incline.

Nothing to worry if the car is running fine now and no re-occurrence of that smell again on normal usage.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 23:27   #10148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz581993Mille View Post
Thank you guys for confirming! I never thought I'd say this but I hate this feature now. In slow moving bumper to bumper traffic this behaviour of the car just irritates me while driving especially after I found this happening. However, I actually did not notice this at all and I noticed it only when I paid too much attention to everything after the repair work when I just released the clutch in neutral and then saw the rpm go high and then come back. I think interferences like these will be inevitable in every car from now on.
You're not alone. It makes the car quite unpredictable sometimes and i hate it as well. Ahh technology and cars,not my cup of tea.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 13:52   #10149
BHPian

Hi everyone, Im looking to buy the Ecosport Titanium AT in the coming months. Anyone has any idea about current deals or offers ford is offering on the AT? (In Delhi)
Also does ford offer any festive discounts (Around October-November) if i defer my purchase to sometime around then? Any information would be helpful.
Old 8th June 2016, 14:53   #10150
BHPian

Hi everyone, I've a 2013 ecosport diesel that has run only 9900 kms till date. (Don't ask me why I have a diesel). The car had clocked only 5,500 kms for the second/20,000 km service last year and I was charged 7,200 rs for it. Engine oil, brake fluid, engine air filter and AC air filter was replaced and wheel alignment, balancing done. I got the air filter replaced to keep the warranty intact (SA had said so). Now For the upcoming 3rd/30,000 km service, do I change the fuel filter and go according to the periodic maintenance schedule or skip that since the car ran only about 1/3rd the kms for a fuel filter replacement?

This is for all other parts replacements too, do I go according to the years or the kms covered?

Last edited by navin : 8th June 2016 at 17:01.
Old 8th June 2016, 15:06   #10151
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Guys, I've got an Ecosport AT bought in Oct 2015 - have been facing an extremely weird issue:
Whenever I get my car pressure washed, the AC stops working for sometime (10-15 mins) - due to water ingression into the pressure sensor in the AC condensor.
I've got this issue checked by Ford and multiple independent AC workshops, but nobody seems to have a solution to this issue and they all say that it happens only during pressure wash and happens with all vehicles. I've got two Figo petrols and have never ever faced this issue - so I'm concerned whether this is a known issue with the Ecosport or something that only I am facing.
Also, the fact that independent AC guys have also given up on this issue means that it may be something normal - which maybe I have never faced till date.
Please lemme know if anyone else here has faced the same issue.
To the best of my knowledge the Car Engine bay is NOT supposed to be pressure washed. They only use the pressure wash method to wash the sides of the Engine bay (the Water run off gutter areas). The engine bay is sprayed with a cleaner and wiped off.

So is this pressure wash thing happening at the authorized centre or at local car cleaning centres?

After the car is washed at the authorized centre we never get our hands on our car for almost 20-30 mins while we finish the billing etc.

I have never faced this issue in my Ecosport AT, but even when I get the car pressure washed outside (which I do quite often) they don't point the jet directly into the engine bay, there are specific areas that they clean and they seem to know where they should not use a pressure jet.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 16:25   #10152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Hi everyone, I've a 2013 ecosport diesel that has run only 9900 kms till date. (Don't ask me why I have a diesel). The car had clocked only 5,500 kms for the second/20,000 km service last year and I was charged 7,200 rs for it. Engine oil, brake fluid, engine air filter and AC air filter was replaced and wheel alignment, balancing done. I got the air filter replaced to keep the warranty intact (SA had said so).
Ford service promise says Rs 4390 will be your total bill for 2nd service and adding WA/WB cost to your bill, roughly total bill will come around Rs5100. So you have additionally paid Rs 2000 more. Please check the bill once again for cost break up. If in case you are not aware about the ford service promise, here is the link https://www.fordservicepricepromise.com/. This will help you keep track of spares and service cost of your Ecosport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Now For the upcoming 3rd/30,000 km service, do I change the fuel filter and go according to the periodic maintenance schedule or skip that since the car ran only about 1/3rd the kms for a fuel filter replacement?
If Ford recommends to replace the fuel filter every 30,000kms/3yrs then I would suggest you to stick with it. Ford service promise says fuel filter element costs around Rs.1430 so I wouldn`t mind shelling out money for fuel filter than replacing the fuel injector which I am sure will cost me a bomb. Moreover with the quality of fuel what we get here, replacing new filter every 3 years/30,000 kms is a cheap insurance and good preventive maintenance.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 8th June 2016 at 16:26.
DragonHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 19:49   #10153
BHPian

What about the intervals for replacing the air filter and fluids? For eg the air filter got replaced at 5k kms instead of 20k kms.

1025 rs. was charged for a "full vehicle inspection report card".
400 rs for "surface refinement"
440 rs for "motor care/engine room waxing"
And the total labour charge came out to be 3600 rs.

Last edited by aah78 : 8th June 2016 at 21:48. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 8th June 2016, 21:08   #10154
BHPian

These are reversible charges usually and usually revenue generation tactics by service guys. Not sure if they would reverse them now.
Old 8th June 2016, 21:21   #10155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
These are reversible charges usually and usually revenue generation tactics by service guys. Not sure if they would reverse them now.
Revenue generation tactics? This is burglary. I was about to get mugged by an independent garage (quoted ₹25000 for some job that was not needed) but got skipped luckily and was saved by the best mechanic I have come across in my life, chrged me ₹150 for that noise to go and confirmed that nothing at all was wrong with the car.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks