Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2015, 06:51   #7816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post

1. The car on braking from speeds of 110-100 is causing vigorous vibrations in the steering wheel. No braking problems and no vibrations on the brake pedal. Just steering wobbling/vibrations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerastrax View Post
For 1, it could be that the brake discs have gone bad.
I second that. Used to face the same problem with my Vento as well. Steering vibrations at high speed braking! When I asked the service exec back then, he said it was the ABS kicking in. Pretty annoying way for the ABS to work, I thought. However, during my last service, the brake pads were replaced and the issue is gone now! Most probably the issue is the same with your Vento as well.

Have no idea about the second one though. :(

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th June 2015 at 09:22. Reason: Removing unwanted spacing.
Old 27th June 2015, 15:40   #7817
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post
So my Jan 2014 vento tdi is 50k kms up. Facing some problems and some pointers would be really helpful:

1. The car on braking from speeds of 110-100 is causing vigorous vibrations in the steering wheel. No braking problems and no vibrations on the brake pedal. Just steering wobbling/vibrations.

2. The car on coming to a standstill after lets say a 25-30km journey starts shaking. Did not observe this happening on the shorter runs. Happening since last two days.
1. Could be the brake disc. Guessing skimming or getting it replaced should fix it.

2. Could be the engine mounts.

If you've managed to get it diagnosed at the workshop, do share with the community please.
Old 27th June 2015, 16:00   #7818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
1. Could be the brake disc. Guessing skimming or getting it replaced should fix it.

2. Could be the engine mounts.

If you've managed to get it diagnosed at the workshop, do share with the community please.
1. Brake discs and pads replaced. Problem solved. The weird thing that has happened is that worn out discs have taken toll on 5k kms old Brembo brake pads and they had to be replaced too.

2. Could not replicate the problem so no solution could be offered. Engine mounts were checked and they were perfectly fine.
ramneek009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 16:08   #7819
BHPian

The last two weeks I've noticed the Vento TSI idles at 950rpm, instead of 900, and the workshop has put this down to the engine adjusting to the heat in Delhi, though they clarified that they are speculating on this point.

Details are on this thread, which I posted on the Polo TSI forum (since it shares the same engine): http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3743393

Would love to know from Vento TSI owners the idle engine speed they see on their cars.

Also, does anyone have an idea what the issue could be?

Thanks in advance for all the help.
Old 1st July 2015, 17:44   #7820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The last two weeks I've noticed the Vento TSI idles at 950rpm, instead of 900, and the workshop has put this down to the engine adjusting to the heat in Delhi, though they clarified that they are speculating on this point.

Would love to know from Vento TSI owners the idle engine speed they see on their cars.

Also, does anyone have an idea what the issue could be?

Thanks in advance for all the help.
When started for the first time in a day, for the first 30sec or so it is at 1100rpm, then it drops down to around 750-800rpm which it what it idles at. This is in Bangalore and the temp was in the late 20's (today)
Old 1st July 2015, 18:36   #7821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
When started for the first time in a day, for the first 30sec or so it is at 1100rpm, then it drops down to around 750-800rpm which it what it idles at. This is in Bangalore and the temp was in the late 20's (today)
Thanks Rajeevraj! Which model year does your TSI belong to? The test driver at the workshop had in fact mentioned that earlier TSI's had an idle at 750-800rpm, but I had disbelieved him at the time.
Old 1st July 2015, 18:49   #7822
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rajeevraj! Which model year does your TSI belong to? The test driver at the workshop had in fact mentioned that earlier TSI's had an idle at 750-800rpm, but I had disbelieved him at the time.
2013 November. Among the first batch of cars.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:13   #7823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Quote:
The last two weeks I've noticed the Vento TSI idles at 950rpm, instead of 900, and the workshop has put this down to the engine adjusting to the heat in Delhi, though they clarified that they are speculating on this point...
Mine is a 4 month old Vento TSI and has done close to 4k kms till now. It goes to 1100rpm at the first start for about 30sec and then drops to 1000 rpm. I feel it's slightly more than normal, but waiting for the 1st check up (75.k/6 months) in 2 months time during when some ECU updates are likely to happen.
ventoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:05   #7824
BHPian

Thanks, this is good to know. What I read here and on the Polo TSI thread mirrors what the VW test driver told me:
Early TSI's idled at 750 - 800rpm
Later TSI's at 900rpm
New ones at 950-1000rpm

He was clueless as to why, and in fact said that this change in idle speeds had just occurred to him, and assumed it had to do with ECU settings.

Do share any updates post the check-up.
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:17   #7825
BHPian

I am nearing 15000 kms service in my vento 1.6 tdi. I called up and enquired about approximate cost for service in three dealerships,vw Salem,vw Coimbatore and vw pondicherry. They quoted (approx) 12000,9500 and 11500 rs respectively. I was shocked to see such variation and also the amount seems to be a bit on the higher side than Chevy or other Korean/Japanese brands. Is not longer service intervals designed to reduce maintenance costs?. With this price,I think three services in MSIL or Chevy will be slightly lower.any suggestions guys. By the way,I am based at villupuram which is 200,360 and 40 kms from the respective three dealerships.
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:51   #7826
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
I am nearing 15000 kms service in my vento 1.6 tdi. I called up and enquired about approximate cost for service in three dealerships,vw Salem,vw Coimbatore and vw pondicherry. They quoted (approx) 12000,9500 and 11500 rs respectively. I was shocked to see such variation and also the amount seems to be a bit on the higher side than Chevy or other Korean/Japanese brands. Is not longer service intervals designed to reduce maintenance costs?. With this price,I think three services in MSIL or Chevy will be slightly lower.any suggestions guys. By the way,I am based at villupuram which is 200,360 and 40 kms from the respective three dealerships.
9-12,000 seems to be the general range for the first service. Actual would depend on what the dealer wants to push on you in addition to the regular stuff. My 1 year service was around 11,000.

If you have no major things to get fixed and if you have not heard any major negative feedback about VW Pondicherry, makes sense to take it there as it is the closest.
Old 2nd July 2015, 16:56   #7827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
The mandatory part of the service should cost you approx. Rs. 9,500. However, dealers try to add optionals to the service, including wheel alignment / balancing (should be done, but cheaper outside), AC cleaning (useless), brake cleaning (normally useless, in my opinion), detailing (depends), etc., which add expenses.

So, I'd say, go to the service station nearest you - unless they have a bad reputation, as Rajeevraj rightly points out - and you should be ok. Just be careful of the items you give them approval for - when in doubt, a good idea is to check your manual, and to tell them you only want the line items that VW mandates in the service.
Old 3rd July 2015, 23:39   #7828
BHPian

With monsoon on a roll here in Kerala, I took advantage of the first sign of a sunny afternoon by taking my baby out for a car wash. Had never tried an automated car wash, so decided to try this '7 minute car wash' station near Wadakkanchery.

Everything went well and I was even happy about my beauty gleaming, until I noticed this!
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-picsart_1435946589644.jpg

The left rear wheel arch had a medium sized flake of paint stripped away :'( I guess it was the over enthusiastic car wash guys using an over calibrated pressure pump to wash the dust away. From the looks of things the top most layer of paint has been stripped away. What can I do now? Any thoughts guys?
Old 4th July 2015, 11:10   #7829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
The left rear wheel arch had a medium sized flake of paint stripped away :'( I guess it was the over enthusiastic car wash guys using an over calibrated pressure pump to wash the dust away. From the looks of things the top most layer of paint has been stripped away. What can I do now? Any thoughts guys?
Ouch! Thats bad GKR9900.
The only option is to have that area repainted either at the VW workshop or at a competent FNG. Right now, I suggest, you immediately wash and clay the area and apply a good wax/sealant to protect it from the rains/elements n prevent any further chipping of paint and rust formation till you have it re-painted.

Regards
ASVA
ASVA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 12:02   #7830
BHPian

My Aug 2011 model with 80,000 km on the odo is beginning to show the age. There are squeaking noise coming from the suspension when it traveling over stretches of uneven road. The noise is not continuous and only intermittent.

Also there is a kind of rubber (rubbing) noise below the steering when I try to accelerate. Trying to ascertain if it is from the column or form the engine bay.

Need to take it to service station for checking. Suggestion on the possible causes are welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks