Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2010, 12:22   #2416
Senior - BHPian

@slayer87: There are spurious products available, also some are old. I would prefer you buying at Spencer or Galleria, I am sure your gym management can get you a good product at a great deal. Ozone has few good products.

But, take your own informed decision. I do not use any. Cheers!
Old 11th February 2010, 20:43   #2417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Hey Sajid, without going into details I recommend you to wear the supporter. Cheers!
Would really like to know about any solid reasons you have for recommending it.
Old 12th February 2010, 18:19   #2418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer87 View Post
guys, want to know a good supplements shop/dealer in south delhi or gurgaon area ASAP. Need all the help possible, i am planning to buy creatine and whey protein. pls advice the best ones and which are VFM as well.
If you have just started working out then you dont need creatine just yet, workout for atleast 2 months and get the hang of it. You can then re-asses your goals and see what you want to do.

As far as protein goes I have tried isopure and it's excellent but quite expensive. I have tried Dymatize elite and its not the greatest. I am currently using Bio-X Power whey and its working great and fairly well priced too. Do not depend only on supplement for your protein intake your protein should mainly come from food sources, a supplement is just that, a supplement. Goodluck.

When you do start taking creatine, let me know, I have a great stack for lean mass that is working great for me.
Old 12th February 2010, 18:24   #2419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Any day Iso sensation is better.
And its iso sensation 93

Any specific reasons or is it because of one has 82% & other has 93%.

I have tasted both & liked Iso better in taste though

& thanks for pointing it out
Old 13th February 2010, 21:33   #2420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
my cousin got it from mumbai for 2400.
considering its 2lb i find the deal expensive.
Are we talking Alfa?
Old 14th February 2010, 11:51   #2421
Senior - BHPian

@Raccoon: What Is an Athletic Supporter? | eHow.com Enjoy the read.

Supporters have always been used by Indians, if you might have seen akhada, the kachha worn by the wrestlers is a perfect supporter. Now translate it into Western philosophy and they dont have the time and dexterity to wear one. So the supporter was born.

My first gym coach a 10 times Indian Heavyweight champion always asked everyone coming in the gym if he was wearing one. There are lots of complications later in the life, I recommend it to be used during any high exertion/contact exercise.

Hope this helps. Cheers!
Old 15th February 2010, 15:14   #2422
Senior - BHPian

This is for guys in Bombay.
I will be out of protein soon and I plan to buy my new tub from Alfa.

How safe and reliable are these guys? And does anyone know what brands do they stack?

Thanks
Old 16th February 2010, 10:07   #2423
BHPian

Sorry buddy no idea what they stock... got my friend an 7.5Lbs Ispoure - Dutch Chocolate for 6k. I dont know how good is this deal. Got this from a Trainer Friend and not alpha.
Old 16th February 2010, 10:35   #2424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Raccoon: What Is an Athletic Supporter? | eHow.com Enjoy the read.

Supporters have always been used by Indians, if you might have seen akhada, the kachha worn by the wrestlers is a perfect supporter. Now translate it into Western philosophy and they dont have the time and dexterity to wear one. So the supporter was born.

My first gym coach a 10 times Indian Heavyweight champion always asked everyone coming in the gym if he was wearing one. There are lots of complications later in the life, I recommend it to be used during any high exertion/contact exercise.

Hope this helps. Cheers!
And what complications are we talking about here?

Frankly this supporter stuff tantamount to another old akhada tale of losing strength and stamina if you indulge in masturbation.

You may need a jockstrap or supporter while doing running and stuff, if your balls feel discomfort - but then pray which other animal have you seen wearing a jockstrap/supporter?
Horses?
Deers?
Cheetahs?

Surely these guys run more in a year than any human would in his entire life.

Besides, technically speaking your supporter is not doing anything at all to your balls while you are moving your arms or legs while exercising.

Last edited by alpha1 : 16th February 2010 at 10:43.
Old 16th February 2010, 13:54   #2425
Senior - BHPian

@alpha1: Suit yourself dude, I am no doctor and I am no coach.

While you lift weights, there is excess pressure on more than your arms and leg muscles, belts are advices for squats and jerks, I am not sure either, I have seen some weight lifters not using belts too while they cleanly go for lifts. All iron man athelets wear supporters, so do strong man completion fellows.

I never wanted to test the adage when it came to the family jewels

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 16th February 2010 at 13:57.
Old 16th February 2010, 19:49   #2426
BHPian

I hate these supporters. I would use them only in case of serious lifting (to increase hydrostatic pressure) or when I'm injured. What I think these supporters are more of hindrance as they do not let some of body's unique supporting muscles develop to the fullest.
Old 17th February 2010, 11:34   #2427
BHPian

bodybuilding and hairloss

Hi

can anyone relate bodybuilding to hair-loss

thanks
sajid
Old 17th February 2010, 11:38   #2428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4s View Post
Hi

can anyone relate bodybuilding to hair-loss

thanks
sajid
Natural Bodybuilding - No way!

Professional Bodybuilding - YES! Almost 99% of all Gym coaches here in India and almost every professional bodybuilder out there take shitload of anabolic steroids. Here in India these guys take their juice without any proper knowledge. Hair Loss is one of the major side effect of this (apart from potential renal, liver and heart complications)
Old 17th February 2010, 11:54   #2429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@alpha1: Suit yourself dude, I am no doctor and I am no coach.

While you lift weights, there is excess pressure on more than your arms and leg muscles, belts are advices for squats and jerks, I am not sure either, I have seen some weight lifters not using belts too while they cleanly go for lifts. All iron man athelets wear supporters, so do strong man completion fellows.

I never wanted to test the adage when it came to the family jewels
WOW!

You wear lifting belts to compress your spine, which allows you to lift heavier, as well as give stability to spine, while doing overhead pressing movements.
While doing squats and deadlifts it allows you to exert more internal pressure due to again - compression of spine as well as restrcition on abdomen cavity.

What has that all got to do with your balls dangling down being "supported" by a skimpy piece of cloth?

Even if I go in your line of reasoning, how is wearing a supporter going to help your "family jewels"?

And let us steer clear of confusions regarding supporter and lifting belts.
Lifting belts are worn on waist - exactly like a normal belt albeit pretty wide and strong.
Supporters are like thongs (of course not as delicate), with a pouch for your testicles.

Last edited by alpha1 : 17th February 2010 at 11:58.
Old 17th February 2010, 12:47   #2430
Senior - BHPian

^^Suit yourself dude, I am no doctor and I am no coach.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks