Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2023, 08:17   #4306
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
Bumping up this post to get a response.
I have installed 70mai A500S front dash cam in my Brezza 2022 and using the 12v port above the wireless charger. The rear cam will install it as am using only for highway journeys and not my city ride.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 23:55   #4307
VIZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
The rear cam will install it as am using only for highway journeys and not my city ride.
Do you have any idea how to route wires for rear camera without impacting airbag opening incase of zxi+?
Old 11th March 2023, 00:01   #4308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
Do you have any idea how to route wires for rear camera without impacting airbag opening incase of zxi+?
Will be getting it done on Monday when I give my car for the third free service at the dealers and then inform you.
Old 12th March 2023, 17:46   #4309
BHPian

Got a DDPAI mini installed as plug n play.
However the app requires location and mobile data access to function. I don’t understand the requirement for such access. Any unintended tracking and day sharing is possible through these accesses?
Old 13th March 2023, 13:22   #4310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoguru View Post
Got a DDPAI mini installed as plug n play.
However the app requires location and mobile data access to function. I don’t understand the requirement for such access. Any unintended tracking and day sharing is possible through these accesses?
Enable the sharing and location only when you want to download the footage or snapshots.
Once its done disable it . That is what I do on my Android and iOS with both my dash cams.
This would limit the window when you are tracked( If at All) which we cant ascertain by any means.
So enjoy the device without worrying too much.

Last edited by Artyom : 13th March 2023 at 13:24.
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 16:31   #4311
BHPian

Re: What to look for while buying a Dash Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Get a high endurance MLC card rather than the TLC one you have shown here, that's all I will say :

https://Youtu.be/ccd0Oo5uBek
How do one get what type of card (MLC / TLC etc)? Not be seen anywhere in the spec.
Old 13th March 2023, 22:25   #4312
BHPian

I have a 70Mai Smart Dash Cam 1S which I have been using for a few years as a front cam and powered by CL port. I plan to install another camera for rear-view recording.

What would be advisable? Purchase one dual channel camera set (In that case my existing 1st model would become redundant ?) or simply add one more camera and use the current 1S as a rear camera? In that case, where could I draw power from for the rear camera?

Kindly share your thoughts, please.
Old 14th March 2023, 14:16   #4313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid13 View Post
I have a 70Mai Smart Dash Cam 1S which I have been using for a few years as a front cam and powered by CL port. I plan to install another camera for rear-view recording.

What would be advisable? Purchase one dual channel camera set (In that case my existing 1st model would become redundant ?) or simply add one more camera and use the current 1S as a rear camera? In that case, where could I draw power from for the rear camera?

Kindly share your thoughts, please.
Your particular model of 70mai is front only so if you want to install a rear cam then you need to upgrade(replace in your case) to 70mai A500S Pro Plus + Dual channel Dashcam or 70mai A800S: Dual-Vision 4K Dash Cam depending upon your requirement and budget. Also it will make your current camera redundant.
Old 14th March 2023, 18:24   #4314
BHPian

I have the "70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel" dashcam installed in my car. It has front and rear camera. The rear one seems to be broken due to the wire getting pulled. On the front camera, when I press the dedicated button to see the video from back camera, I see only black screen.
Is there a way to open and try to fix the back camera? I know wire has got pulled about 5-8 cms in length as I can see the white and red wired which are supposed to be inside the black encasing.
I want to first attempt to fix before a replacement.

About replacement, can I get only rear camera? I don't see anything like that on amazon.
Old 14th March 2023, 21:15   #4315

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I have the "70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel" dashcam installed in my car. It has front and rear camera. The rear one seems to be broken due to the wire getting pulled. On the front camera, when I press the dedicated button to see the video from back camera, I see only black screen.
Is there a way to open and try to fix the back camera? I know wire has got pulled about 5-8 cms in length as I can see the white and red wired which are supposed to be inside the black encasing.
I want to first attempt to fix before a replacement.

About replacement, can I get only rear camera? I don't see anything like that on amazon.
It is available in nexdigitron.
https://www.nexdigitron.com/collecti.../products/rc06
shri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 11:04   #4316
BHPian

For 70mai, amazon has 2 options with RC06 and without. What is RC06 and is it worth going for?
Old 17th March 2023, 13:10   #4317
BHPian

Quick question, folks. What is the downside of installing two single channel dashcams - one at the front and one at the rear? Asking specifically where the two will source power from 12V ports at front as well as rear AC vent panel in the 4th gen Honda City.

A DDPAI Mini 1080p dashcam retails for INR 3,549 on Amazon while the Mola N3 Pro Dual retails for INR 9,699 (also offers 2K resolution for the front cam in addition to GPS)

The use case is to check out the single channel dash cam ease of use before deciding to install the second one. Two devices to sync on the mobile app and two memory cards is what I can think of, what else should be kept in mind?
Mlanuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 13:50   #4318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijey_s View Post
Has anyone ordered from this website?

https://store.ddpai.com/en-in

The prices are too good - for Z40 its 4000rs cheaper than Indian Nexdigitron pricing.
Did you try this website? Is it genuine?
Old 17th March 2023, 16:03   #4319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience77 View Post
Did you try this website? Is it genuine?
Unfortunately, no bhpian vouched for the website, so I did not go ahead and order.
vijey_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 18:43   #4320
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

After going through the last 20 pages of this thread, I've shortlisted the features and tentative models I've found online for my EcoSport 2020 (6 airbags). Typically, my driving is 60% City and 40% Highway. Here are the features -

1. Must be dual channel (unless there's an easy way to connect two single channel with minimum hassle)
2. Should be able to read number plates in both day and night. I don't care too much about the claimed resolutions - don't intent to use recordings to capture scenic routes
3. Should have super capacitor and no Li ion batteries
4. I would prefer a plug and play, fix and forget setup
5. GPS is necessary (unsure about tagging/ real time)
6. Should have a functional mobile app - where I can download/ view recent videos quickly in case of an incident
7. I should be able to remove it after 2-3 years and move to a new vehicle in case I switch vehicles
8. Should have optional parking monitoring (in case I plan to hardwire for parking monitoring as well - not required immediately)
9. I do not care for any ADAS features - they don't seem to work in India and become an irritant

My budget is approx 15K. Based on the budget below are the options I've found online -
1. 70mai A800S True 4K Dual Channel: Checks all major boxes. Unsure about video quality at night
2. 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel: Checks all major boxes as well. Again, I'm unsure of video quality
3. REDTIGER F7N 4K Dual: Couldn't find too many reviews. dashcamtalk has a decent review but reliability could be an issue. If any one has any experiences, please share
4. DDPAI Z40 GPS Dual Channel: Most popular option. Video quality is questionable
5. Viofo A119 V3 2K: Brilliant option. 1 major challenges. Its single channel - which would mean that I buy a cheap 3K one for rear. Is that a sensible option?

Additional question: I would typically want to fit the device myself. Does the curtain airbag setup cause issues when guiding wires for rear camera?
Rocketscience77 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks