Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2021, 08:53   #14236
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh4munni View Post
I have a Tiago 2016 version and want to upgrade the Harman HU to the Sony AX-5000. I'm very happy with the current sound output of the Harman.

Will the change in the HU result in better sound output from the existing setup?
Add the reason why you are looking for a change when the current set-up keeps you happy.

To answer your question, Yes there will be a marginal improvement since after market HUs have few more controls to tune / fiddle the output to our liking. But if you looking for a huge improvement, change the Speakers as well.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 10:57   #14237
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Add the reason why you are looking for a change when the current set-up keeps you happy.

To answer your question, Yes there will be a marginal improvement since after market HUs have few more controls to tune / fiddle the output to our liking. But if you looking for a huge improvement, change the Speakers as well.
I missed mentioning the reason- primarily for the touch screen, gmaps and reverse camera functionality that is missing on the current setup (older tiagos came with Harman HU's that have physical buttons).

Will changing the speakers along with the HU result in a significantly better sounding system than the Harman, genre of music aside?
Old 28th September 2021, 19:07   #14238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
Hi #ish,]
Started debugging the issue and noticed that bass gets limited if both both FL and FR channels are connected to it's input channels - Channel 1 and Channel 2. However, if one of the input channel is disconnected, the bass returns to its full potential and becomes deep with single input channel.

Attachment 2209778
Suprised no one caught it.

The polarity of one of the sides is reversed.

Which is creating a inverted wave that is killing bass that the other side of the car is making.

Hope this fixes your issue.
I am 100% sure.

When your subwoofer jumped and got disconnected, you must have connected in the wrong polarity.
Try flipping the + and - cables on the subwoofer (the thing that got disconnected)

Your tuning is highly compromised due to the Stock head unit.
Ideally, you should have gotten a DSP instead of the JBL line output converter. That way. You would be able to tune your system and fix 100 out of 100 issues that crop up. Much better than even an aftermarket head unit.

pls do post some pics of the installation

Last edited by viXit : 28th September 2021 at 19:15.
viXit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 18:42   #14239
BHPian

ICE Gurus,
I have Focal Auditor R690C coaxials installed since last 4 years along with a Pioneer amp ( forgot the exact model) and components in front, a Blaupunkt active subwoofer in the boot along with the standard Head Unit in my 2013 i20. For my requirements, I had the perfect setup with just the right amount of Base and mid range. Recently, I shipped the car from Chandigarh to Bangalore via movers and packers and the rear speakers got destroyed during shipping. Now one speaker is not working and I need to replace it. What are the best options in upto 15000 range for just the rear Co-axials?
How is the JBL Stadium GTO 930? Have they been discontinued ? I have been quoted 14500 for these.

Last edited by D4d-maniac : 29th September 2021 at 18:43.
Old 5th October 2021, 11:40   #14240

I was recently searching for car audio solutions just out of curiosity and came accross a business called motor concept (I followed the page on Instagram). The brand's he is offering seems expensive and these are brands which I have never heard of. These brands don't have a website and even many of them doesn't have any reviews on the internet. There actual pricing is also not available. Example of these brands are Aries,Audible physics,Mercury etc. So my question is are these brands good? How do they compare to mainstream brands like sony,JBL,pioneer etc. I also heard about premium brands like Polk audio and focal but they are not available with motor concept.
Old 5th October 2021, 12:14   #14241
BHPian

Is anyone aware how much CTK silver damping should cost per sheet in and around Delhi?
Old 5th October 2021, 13:43   #14242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pragunjain View Post
These brands don't have a website and even many of them doesn't have any reviews on the internet.
Example of these brands are Aries,Audible physics,Mercury etc.
https://www.audiblephysics.in/caraudioseries

http://mercurycaraudio.com/

Quote:
Aries,Audible physics,Mercury etc. So my question is are these brands good? How do they compare to mainstream brands like sony,JBL,pioneer etc.
These are audiophile grade brands, which cannot be compared even with the top end variants of main stream brands. Check our ICE section for few reviews from our fellow members.

Quote:
I also heard about premium brands like Polk audio and focal but they are not available with motor concept.
Polk and Focal offer entry level line-up as well, which the above mentioned brands don't offer and that's why the name is unknown for many people.

Worst part is, I came across people asking if these brands are cheap Chinese products
Mr.Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 18:34   #14243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
These are audiophile grade brands, which cannot be compared even with the top end variants of main stream brands.
So does the products from these brands justify the cost? I mean can a normal person hear the difference in quality over normal mainstream brands?

Last edited by aah78 : 5th October 2021 at 19:41. Reason: Quote trimmed, spacing.
pragunjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 13:46   #14244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So does the products from these brands justify the cost? I mean can a normal person hear the difference in quality over normal mainstream brands?
Yes, difference will be phenomenal if the entire system (right from the source, until the drivers) is of Audiophile grade, otherwise the quality will only be marginal and doesn't justify the cost of speakers alone.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 17:52   #14245
BHPian

Quote:
It definitely makes a world of difference.
Just audition it in a well installed vehicle and you will know for yourself!!
prashantuchil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 15:36   #14246
BHPian

Quote:
I was recently searching for car audio solutions just out of curiosity and came accross a business called motor concept (I followed the page on Instagram).
I think that page belongs to Aman who is quite well known for audiophile grade installs. If I recall correctly, some BHPians have also got installations done from him.
sarav100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 05:28   #14247
BHPian

Audio system for Wagon R

Folks,
Need advice on sound system for an old Wagon R LXI (2014).
Requirements:
Music: Mostly Indian classical and folk from Spotify, and other lossy sources. So need good voice clarity. (but audio sources are NOT audiophile quality.)
Budget < 20k.
For HU: Physical controls: volume knob, buttons etc (since car has no steering mounted controls); syncing with android/apple phones (voice commands, call answering button, etc). I don't like touchscreens, and prefer physical/voice controls while driving.

Am considering the following (on advice from a TBHP recommended audio installer) :
Head Unit:
https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...rs/mvh-s329bt/

Speakers (front and rear):
https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...ive/ts-1601in/

The above setup will cost me about 12k. I am willing to spend a little more to get better speakers or sound damping, if it will dramatically improve the sound quality.

Is this setup OK, or are there better options available for my situation?
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-hu.jpg  

Old 31st October 2021, 16:37   #14248
Senior - BHPian

Re: Audio system for Wagon R

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazd View Post
Initially I had fitted the rear speakers on the default provision. Afterwards my car accessories dealer suggested to use MDF boxes for the rear speakers, to have a slight improvement in the audio quality. Each box cost Rs 600.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 21:07   #14249
Senior - BHPian

Re: Audio system for Wagon R

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazd View Post
Folks,
Need advice on sound system for an old Wagon R LXI (2014).
Requirements:
Music: Mostly Indian classical and folk from Spotify, and other lossy sources. So need good voice clarity. (but audio sources are NOT audiophile quality.)

The above setup will cost me about 12k. I am willing to spend a little more to get better speakers or sound damping, if it will dramatically improve the sound quality.

Unless one's car has exceptional insulation to the outer world, audiophile or not is unlikely to matter to most, in typical car scenarios. There is anyway too much reflection from the car interior - glasses etc - for it to be anywhere close to audiophile. So, pls don't worry about that.

Dampening is a good idea, as it would also improve the insulation of the car as a whole, to an extent.

While I might not be able to recommend specific models, consider good speakers as a starting point. Components can often sound very good - even entry level ones. Many tend to have spiked higher frequencies and lower frequencies, with the mid-range being compromised. For the kind of music you talk about, it is the mid-range which needs to shine - so please do try and audition before you pay, and it may be worth spending a bit extra to hear them, than be stuck with speakers which continually bother you.

One could also start with a moderate HU, and later add an amp. At that stage you could also go in for a 4 channel amp and use two channels for the main left and right channels, and two bridged for feeding a Subwoofer. The Sub upgrade can happen at an even later date. This way you spend money in parts, and have scope of building a much better system over time, with minimal wastage; also with parts which could be move to your next/other car, as the need may be .
Old 19th November 2021, 14:12   #14250
BHPian

Hello Audio Gurus,

A year ago I upgraded my audio system with Sony XAV-5500 and Focal Auditor RSE-165 for my Tata Zest. It has been going good but sometimes I miss that bass punch a little and also want speakers for rear passengers.

I am not a bass head and mostly listen to bollywood/punjabi music. Love some punchiness in the songs though. And I don't listen to music to high volumes.

So I have been thinking to get an amp and speakers for rear doors. Now the question is, as I am a total noob in this I am not sure which amp, which speakers should I buy.
1. Should I go for monoblock or 4 channels amplifier.
2. Should I go for coaxial speakers for rear or should I consider components in the back as well
3. What are some good amps under the budget of 10k. Which brands should I go for.
4. What are some good speakers in 5-7k range for rear doors.
5. I travel a lot and always utilise the whole boot space. Should I consider adding a small woofer under the seat somewhere?

As I am going tomorrow to get the setup done. Any immediate advice would be really helpful guys!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks