Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2022, 10:35   #766

Nexon EV - How is the aircon for Delhi NCR summer

Hey BHPians,

Test drove the Nexon EV yesterday and my wife and I both liked it overall. However the AC in the demo car was just not cooling enough. Our SA claimed it was a problem with the demo car and the unit needed to be repaired, and even turned on the AC in the car in the showroom - which did a pretty good job.

Searching the forum did not yield a lot of results. Reaching out to the Nexon EV owners in this group to get a sense of how good and reliable the AC unit is in their cars. Is it holding up well in the summer heat? Does it cool fast? I have a lot of short trips around the city, so I need a car with an AC that chills quickly.

thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 11:25   #767
BHPian

Re: Nexon EV - How is the aircon for Delhi NCR summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodie View Post
Hey BHPians,

Searching the forum did not yield a lot of results. Reaching out to the Nexon EV owners in this group to get a sense of how good and reliable the AC unit is in their cars. Is it holding up well in the summer heat? Does it cool fast? I have a lot of short trips around the city, so I need a car with an AC that chills quickly.

thanks

I have driven nexon ev only for a week and my ac experience has been mixed. It cools too much sometimes but at times even 18 deg isnt cool enough but it at least keeps the cabin comfortable. This is in Pune which is for all practical purposes experiencing a heat wave so it could be that. I guess the system diverts cooling for cooling the battery down as well.
psbali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 14:26   #768
BHPian

Re: Nexon EV - How is the aircon for Delhi NCR summer

Quote:
Hey BHPians,

thanks
No need to worry about the cooling prowess of the Nexon EV's AC. It's as good as any regular ICE car's AC.
(Driven 27K km without any AC issue)

Last edited by Vid6639 : 8th April 2022 at 08:52. Reason: pls. do not use short forms like NEV.
chandu1382 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 11:40   #769

Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGION_FIVE View Post
The explanation given by the technician is nonsensical. I have owned mine for more than a year with 27k on the odo and charging from whichever SoC has never been an issue. In fact, I regularly charge mine overnight from 68% all the way to 100%. BMS could be at fault for this but blaming it on charging patterns or in this case rather- charging pattern (?), makes no sense.
Thanks LEGION_FIVE. The "FAULT" came up again out of the blue, it stayed on for 2 days where the car works but the AC, speedometer etc. stops working, suddenly last night when my kid took it for a spin the "FAULT" indicator on the dashboard vanished on its own. Experts please advise, i have booked a service request with Balaji Motors Aundh Pune for tomorrow. Any specific thing i should ask them to look into. Also there is a manufacturing defect with the fuel/charging lid on my car it does not pop-out, anyone else faced these issue and if they got it resolved what was resolution.
Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 14:32   #770
Senior - BHPian

To all Nexon EV owners - what is the prescribed service schedule for the Nexon EV?
Old 18th April 2022, 18:43   #771
BHPian

Hi Guys,

So yesterday I took the plunge and booked my Tata Nexon EV at Puneet Motors Prabhadevi. Now the 4 month waiting period starts.

I had few questions to ask. Can Nexon EV be the only car in the family ? As I know the range is not that much. I have the Nexon XZ+ diesel but with the ever increasing prices, want to change to EV. Will be selling off my 2019 Nexon Diesel. Hence this question.

Before this I had an Ertiga which I have used extensively for outstation rides, but with the pandemic and other issues, my car has only seen 31000 kms in 3 years and only 1 outstation ride to Nagpur and couple of small rides to Pune or Nashik. I am not worried about pune and Nashik as we get lot of chargers en-route. My only issue will be out station rides, like Nagpur, Bhuj, Hyderabad (some of the places that I generally visit).

Also I am live in Mulund Mumbai - I was told by the sales person that we need to apply for a new meter for the electric car from MSEB, Is this correct. I was told that it will be a subsidied meter where the cost of the unit will be much lower than what we pay at home.
Old 18th April 2022, 18:54   #772

Have any one availed tax benefits for the loan on an EV ?
I have few questions:
1. I understand the scheme is applicable only for loans sanctioned until March 2023. If I take a loan in this financial year, can I claim the benefits for the entire duration of the loan (say until 2027, for a 5 year loan) ?
2. Is the 1.5 lakhs limit applicable per year or total across loan period ?

Considering a sample break up of interest component per year for a 5 year loan on 15 lakhs (considering Nexon EV) at 7%

22-23: 96,775
23-24: 78,005
24-25: 57,878
25-26: 36,296
26-27: 13,154

What is the total benefit I can claim for the respective years? Thanks in advance for your suggestions
Old 18th April 2022, 19:26   #773
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

Hope everybody is doing well.

So after buying Audi A4, I was on hunt for my second car which can be a primary daily car. Now that I have a small daughter, I need an extra car for her schooling and classes etc.

I was looking for a compact SUV as my father finds Audi A4 ground clearance very low as he has back problems. This time we wanted a very practical car more over features or luxury.

Ground clearance was the most important part of the car so we started looking for compact SUVs as my budget was around 10-15 Lakhs. I started checking out for Creta, Seltos, Kushaq & Taigun base & mid variants as I was finding very less value of money to spend anything above 12-13 Lakhs for Sonet, Venue or even Nexon petrol. But then I came across Nexon EV pricing and it's subsidy, it was coming up to 15 Lakhs. Now we did some math and thought we would be paying EMI + Petrol, rather than that, just buy an EV at 15 Lakhs and save 90% on what my monthly petrol expenses and spend that on EMI for 3 years.

We figured out there's lot of savings when it comes to EV. There's subsidy for charging meter at home. There's subsidy of 1.5 Lakhs on Income tax. As of now, state government is giving subsidy of 1.5 Lakhs. And overall for at least 5 years down the line, I very much feel EV electricity per unit cost will remain the same and not exceed like double figures or something. Even then, I would be saving.

I can definitely sense that it's the early adoption of EV car at this point in India but at the same time, I can also see it's clearly the future and Indian govt is gearing up for that.

Now coming on to the car, Tata has clearly stepped up with it's plastics quality and everything. Not even a single thing feels cheap like Tata Indica days. Nexon looks very modern and sleek and I love the black colour on it. It's too hot. The best part about the car? it's ground clearance is 205mm and compared to other compact SUVs including Creta, Taigun etc are 188mm. So we were very happy about it. Interior is very nice and back seat is comfortable. Not the best legroom space but adequate. Overall fit and finish looked good. Harman speakers and infotainment system also worked well. A/C was flawless and we wanted rear A/C vents, so that was a good thing. We wanted rear arm rest which also ticked our requirements. 350+ boot space also ticked our requirement.

As per the driving, sports mode is wow! I was blown away. It never felt like a low powered car as some might think since it's electric. The car runs very well but many pointed that it would have been nice if there was electric stability control as the car does have wheels spin on sports mode. But other than, it drives beautiful. Since we are going to use this car majorly in the city, we are happy with 200kms but I would have loved driving this car to outstation. It can be driven but you have consider extra 1-2 hours from your journey time which we are obviously not use to it. As I said, I can definitely sense that it's too early to get into EV world in India but exciting times and future is bright for EV world in India.

I've booked Tata Nexon EV XZ+ Dark Edition from Tata Inderjit, Andheri West. I've been told waiting time about 3-4 months. But they're hoping for some cancellations as Tata Nexon EV long range will be launched tomorrow (April 20, 2022) and the pricing will be around 20 Lakhs but that's a month later.

Very excited to own an EV car. I literally cannot wait but 3 months shall fly by. Though it's a shame I haven't got my Audi to drive much since I have a driver, now I feel he's going to take away my driving experience from Tata Nexon EV lol. But none the less, I do drive whenever I get time in the night or Sundays. Surely looking forward to drive Nexon EV.
Bruichladdich is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 19:35   #774
BHPian

I'm not sure if the subsidy is still continued in the state of Maharashtra. Please be sure to check! It was to expire on 31st March 2022.
Old 18th April 2022, 20:51   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
I'm not sure if the subsidy is still continued in the state of Maharashtra. Please be sure to check! It was to expire on 31st March 2022.
There is still 1.5 lakhs Govt subsidy. Only 1000 more bookings left. FAME II subsidy is over. That was only till 31st March 2022, which gave additonal 1 lakh discount. So before 31st march, price was lower by 2.5 lakhs.
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 21:23   #776

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngdev View Post

22-23: 96,775
23-24: 78,005
24-25: 57,878
25-26: 36,296
26-27: 13,154
To make it clear, this is the break up of the interest component across different financial years if I take a loan at 7 %.
Old 21st April 2022, 01:44   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruichladdich View Post
Hello BHPians,

Very excited to own an EV car. I literally cannot wait but 3 months shall fly by. Though it's a shame I haven't got my Audi to drive much since I have a driver, now I feel he's going to take away my driving experience from Tata Nexon EV lol. But none the less, I do drive whenever I get time in the night or Sundays. Surely looking forward to drive Nexon EV.
Many many congratulations to you on booking your Nexon EV. As a fellow Nexon EV Dark Edition owner, I am sure you will really enjoy the EV experience.

As you mentioned you like to go for night drives or on weekends, if you will have your Audi and Nexon keys lying on table, I am sure your mind will always ask you to pick the Nexon keys for driving fun it provides.

Sooner or later, as you get to understand the car better, you will prefer taking it for outstation trips as well. I have to give it to EV charging companies in India that they are setting up chargers at such rapid pace. It amazes me how EV started becoming a mass market thing just in 2019 after Nexon launch, and even with two years gone in on and off lockdowns, still chargers have been deployed at rapid pace.

Congrats again and hoping you get your car quickly.
officer416 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 11:45   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by officer416 View Post
Many many congratulations to you on booking your Nexon EV. As a fellow Nexon EV Dark Edition owner, I am sure you will really enjoy the EV experience.

As you mentioned you like to go for night drives or on weekends, if you will have your Audi and Nexon keys lying on table, I am sure your mind will always ask you to pick the Nexon keys for driving fun it provides.

Sooner or later, as you get to understand the car better, you will prefer taking it for outstation trips as well. I have to give it to EV charging companies in India that they are setting up chargers at such rapid pace. It amazes me how EV started becoming a mass market thing just in 2019 after Nexon launch, and even with two years gone in on and off lockdowns, still chargers have been deployed at rapid pace.

Congrats again and hoping you get your car quickly.
I just loved how you laid out my mind what I think about EV. When I went for Tata Nexon EV test drive, I was blown away by sports mode. The thrill and excitement the car gives is beyond words. It's true that I would drive Nexon EV and not Audi at night . I am already in that zone where I am going to ditch petrol completely after 5 years down the line.

With so much research and understanding about EV world, I'm going to ditch petrol cars and buy EV (even if it's expensive) as long as they give higher range. Charging is not a problem anymore in India. Range is the biggest issue. I want at least 500kms range real world.

So excited to get Nexon EV. I just hope there are more cancellations as people can go for longer range Nexon EV and I can get my Nexon EV early
Old 25th April 2022, 21:06   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Test drove the Nexon EV yesterday and my wife and I both liked it overall. However the AC in the demo car was just not cooling enough. Our SA claimed it was a problem with the demo car and the unit needed to be repaired, and even turned on the AC in the car in the showroom - which did a pretty good job.
Actually the AC on the Nexon EV is not that great. Almost everyone in our EV WhatsApp group agrees. It's something you just have to live with

Quote:
Reaching out to the Nexon EV owners in this group to get a sense of how good and reliable the AC unit is in their cars.
Good it isn't. Reliable it is.

Quote:
Is it holding up well in the summer heat? Does it cool fast? I have a lot of short trips around the city, so I need a car with an AC that chills quickly.
Unfortunately it does take a bit of time but once it's cools it's not bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
So yesterday I took the plunge and booked my Tata Nexon EV at Puneet Motors Prabhadevi. Now the 4 month waiting period starts.
Congratulations. If the dealer has said 4 months, then be prepared for 6.

Quote:
Can Nexon EV be the only car in the family ? As I know the range is not that much.
Yes. It gives around 200 km. Unless you drive more than that, you shouldn't have a problem.

I have the Nexon XZ+ diesel but with the ever increasing prices, want to change to EV. Will be selling off my 2019 Nexon Diesel. Hence this question.

Quote:
Also I am live in Mulund Mumbai - I was told by the sales person that we need to apply for a new meter for the electric car from MSEB, Is this correct. I was told that it will be a subsidied meter where the cost of the unit will be much lower than what we pay at home.
AFAIK it won't be cheaper than domestic but will be a flat rate. Higher than domestic and lower than commercial. Even then it's still much cheaper than Petrol/Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngdev View Post
Have any one availed tax benefits for the loan on an EV ?
I have few questions:
1. I understand the scheme is applicable only for loans sanctioned until March 2023. If I take a loan in this financial year, can I claim the benefits for the entire duration of the loan (say until 2027, for a 5 year loan) ?
You can claim 50K per year for 3 years.

Quote:
2. Is the 1.5 lakhs limit applicable per year or total across loan period ?
Total

Considering a sample break up of interest component per year for a 5 year loan on 15 lakhs (considering Nexon EV) at 7%

Quote:
22-23: 96,775 - 50,000/-
23-24: 78,005 - 50,000/-
24-25: 57,878 - 50,000/-
25-26: 36,296 - 0/-
26-27: 13,154 - 0/-

What is the total benefit I can claim for the respective years? Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Quote:
There's subsidy for charging meter at home.
I don't think so.

Quote:
There's subsidy of 1.5 Lakhs on Income tax.
50K per year for 3 years under SEC 80EEB.

Quote:
As of now, state government is giving subsidy of 1.5 Lakhs.
Varies State to State

Quote:
I've booked Tata Nexon EV XZ+ Dark Edition from Tata Inderjit, Andheri West.
I picked up the same. I feel this is the most VFM variant.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 14:25   #780

Quote:
Hello BHPians,

I've booked Tata Nexon EV XZ+ Dark Edition from Tata Inderjit, Andheri West. I've been told waiting time about 3-4 months. But they're hoping for some cancellations as Tata Nexon EV long range will be launched tomorrow (April 20, 2022) and the pricing will be around 20 Lakhs but that's a month later.
I booked Nexon EV XZ+ with Inderjit Motors, Andheri, on December 02, 2021. There is still no indication of when the car will be delivered. Each time I follow up with them, the sales person tells me that there are very few Nexon ev being allocated by Tata Motors to them and they are finding it difficult to service the backlog of bookings. I indicated to them that I am ready to change model/colour for an earlier delivery. I dont know how is the situation with other dealers, but 3/4 months seems optimistic unless TaMo ramps up production.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks