Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2022, 12:10   #886
BHPian

Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I think this should help. Zeoncharging has shared the Charging curve of major EVs.
Nexon EV max charges at about 32KW even on a 50KW fast charger. Also attached are the charging rate of Nexon, Hyundai Kona and MG ZS EV
Thank you. This is helpful! So as guessed Nexon EV Max is tested after 50% SOC, still it has reached 32kw and hence we can assume that it's not limited to 30kw as some are commenting.

Now how the charging is going to perform from 0 to 50% is what we should see and hopefully one of our fellow owners can share it.
shamanths3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 09:42   #887
Senior - BHPian

Hi all. We hope to get the delivery of the XZ+ Dark Edition by mid August. Tata has asked for an NOC from our apartment complex for setting up the charging point. Does anyone have a format for the NOC?
Old 27th July 2022, 11:32   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Hi all. We hope to get the delivery of the XZ+ Dark Edition by mid August. Tata has asked for an NOC from our apartment complex for setting up the charging point. Does anyone have a format for the NOC?
There is no specific format for NOC and it is no needed too.
Just send an email with all the details as to what work is about to be done, the wiring pathway, the cost that will be borne by you, your parking space, drawing the power cable from your power meter, the power load etc.,
Try to attach the State EV policy along with the Email. Almost all state policies have mentioned about apartments paving way for EV charging installation.

Getting a positive confirmation from the Apartment association is enough for you to commence the installation.
docelectric2020 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 15:17   #889
BHPian

Greetings Nexon EV owners,
We have recently (2 days ago) purchased our 1st EV car. The Tata Nexon EV XZ+.
I have a couple of queries regarding it.
1. Is it ok the keep the car in D and press the brake on signals? (what i have observed that during this time no power is sent to the tyres as per the Energy Meter)
Or Should we put it in N and apply Hand brake as we do with other AT cars?

2. What should be the charging method? Should we charge the car when it’s around 20% SOC or we can top it up from 40/50% as and when required?

3. Does the car sometimes make a whinnig sound when shifting to D/R from N.

I was not completely satisfied with the answers given by the sales advisior hence putting it to the TeamBHP fellow members.

Regards,
viky_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 19:39   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
1. Is it ok the keep the car in D and press the brake on signals? (what i have observed that during this time no power is sent to the tyres as per the Energy Meter)
Or Should we put it in N and apply Hand brake as we do with other AT cars?

2. What should be the charging method? Should we charge the car when it’s around 20% SOC or we can top it up from 40/50% as and when required
Congratulations on your purchase. There is absolutely no need to change to N at traffic lights in the Nexon or any other automatic vehicle. I don’t know why you do that in other automatic cars. You can charge from any level that is convenient. However, every few cycles try to take it low like to 15% and charge till 100%. This helps calibrate the battery. So charge as you like but once out of every five or six times, do the calibration.
Lobogris is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 23:09   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. There is absolutely no need to change to N at traffic lights in the Nexon or any other automatic vehicle. I don’t know why you do that in other automatic cars.
I dont know about EVm but ut"s a good practice to always put the car in neutral and use the hand brake or autohold. One I think this increases the clutch life and second prevents accidents as there is always a possibility that the foot may ease off the brake
Palio_2005 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 12:58   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I dont know about EVm but ut"s a good practice to always put the car in neutral and use the hand brake or autohold. One I think this increases the clutch life and second prevents accidents as there is always a possibility that the foot may ease off the brake
Not necessary at all. Absolutely no one does this in any developed country. It’s a needless hassle. Having lived in the US for decades where practically all vehicles have been automatic since 1960s, I have never seen or heard of anyone doing this.

Last edited by Lobogris : 30th July 2022 at 12:59.
Lobogris is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 23:56   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. There is absolutely no need to change to N at traffic lights in the Nexon or any other automatic vehicle. I don’t know why you do that in other automatic cars. You can charge from any level that is convenient. However, every few cycles try to take it low like to 15% and charge till 100%. This helps calibrate the battery. So charge as you like but once out of every five or six times, do the calibration.
Thanks Lonogris,
I drive a Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI (Stage 1) which has the infamous DQ200 Gearbox. So i always slot it in N and pull the handbrake on signals; just been extra careful with the gearbox.
I know that we can put it in D and then press the brake , at standstills this disengages the clutch as we see the rev needle drop a little.
viky_s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 13:27   #894
BHPian

So our Nexon EV has now been updated with MultiMode Regen and CC (30/07/2022) Ours is within the first dozen or so updates completed in Lucknow.

The process was smooth for most part except being a little long. The appointment was fixed over call, through our sales manager at the dealership, where we bought the vehicle (SRM Motors Lucknow) We drove in at 11:45ish and took the gate pass at 4ish PM.

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-39d40d7455db438fa9ac7324c1c9abe2.jpeg
Was able to watch the process start

The update process was completed by 2PM post which we had to wait a little due to lunch time. The engineers there took the car for a test drive of sorts after the update too adding a little more to the wait.

Not that it mattered because we were back home and went for pickup later, but something to keep in mind if you’re short on time. (Almost 4 hours, 12-4PM)

After picking the vehicle, we went for a short drive to test cruise control for ourselves too.

Now, I’ve never driven a vehicle equipped with CC before, and oh boy is it magical to experience in person. I can only imagine what it must feel like to drive (or rather, be driven in :P) a Tesla on FSD!

We had been able to get a best of 107Wh/km in past on one of the bypass roads, I imagine it will be a more frequent occurrence now, especially since mom’s commute involves the same bypass road.

The software update added two new pages to the MID menus, one for Regen Modes and one for CC.

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-8559dd303a944fb6af05673799f0c838.jpeg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-f3f39ce044cf489a88cebae604e325ff.jpeg

My only gripe is that it requires you to swipe through a lot of menu pages to reach the CC menu. It’s the last one (on the opposite end of the trip menu, for those familiar) Same for Regen setting except that this setting is not going to be changed on the fly as often as CC.

Another gripe about the Regen setting is that it gets reset to level 1 every time after switching the car off. I’d appreciate if a fellow owner with the update could help out in this regard. On that note, is it the same way on the Nexon EV max? Does the setting get reset to level 1 after switching off?
Shresth_EV is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 09:15   #895
BHPian

Fellow Nexon EV owners, need some inputs / experiences :

My Nexon EV is about 8 months now, and has run for about 5000 kms. Mostly city driving, good roads.

Issue : Since about a week, there is a quite audible squeaky noise coming from the front suspension. It is not the tak-tak kind of sound but more like when things rub against each other. It is negligible at start of the day but as it is driven, it starts being noisier as daily kms add up. And this is on regular roads with some undulations, speed bumps etc.

TSC is recommending that they will have to open up the front suspension to check on where the issue could be. They have ruled out anything to do with steering/joints. And car will be out with them for minimum 3 days.

I just find it strange to see something like this on a car thats done just 5k on the ODO.

Off topic - Earlier there was an issue with the air blower shifter - it was not working and the air was getting blocked. This was fixed and thankfully without opening the dash.
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:33   #896
BHPian

Hi Nexon EV owners
Anyone facing issues with the Z connect app recently?
Mine is not updating the DTE and SOC readings from the car and is showing past values
All the other functions like remote locking, location, lights etc., seem to work.

I have raised a complaint with the actual screenshots.
If anyone in this forum facing similar issues kindly advise.
pradheepsr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 11:57   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shresth_EV View Post
So our Nexon EV has now been updated with MultiMode Regen and CC (30/07/2022) Ours is within the first dozen or so updates completed in Lucknow.

Attachment 2340177

Attachment 2340179
Can you tell us any difference in range and battery after driving in multi regen mode?

Are you able to get more range driving on level 3 regen mode?
Old 6th August 2022, 00:09   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruichladdich View Post
Can you tell us any difference in range and battery after driving in multi regen mode?

The level 3 regen mode is useful for one pedal driving in city, it's as if you are braking. Level 1 or level 0 is very useful in highways where you can coast a lot.

The DTE has significant jump when using level 3 but I am yet to see significant wh/km reduction for my H2H, probably it reduced by 3 to 4 wh/km nothing much.
DarthVeda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 17:33   #899
Senior - BHPian

Unlike stupidity we are seeing in some developed countries, Indian politicians across the aisle believe in EVs.

Jairaj Ramesh on Twitter:
Quote:
After this exchange with @nitin_gadkari on March 22nd, I got myself a Tata Nexon EV. I firmly believe India should put an end to manufacturing of all types of petrol and diesel vehicles by 2035 at the very least, and massively bring down the cost of EVs.

https://t.co/18y2WL2UaL
Transport minister Gadkari Response:
Quote:
He requested the Congress MP to not call for any "fixed program" with 2035 or 2040 as a deadline for phasing out petrol and diesel vehicles. Gadkari asserted that electric vehicles will be the natural choice over petrol and diesel vehicles since it is cost effective.

https://twitter.com/Jairam_Ramesh/st...RTfCiDm6g&s=19
SKC-auto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 23:26   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruichladdich View Post

As I told the gripe, it did in fact end up happening, my mom (who drives it daily) does indeed forget to change the regen mode in morning. So the numbers aren’t concrete (limited test cases).

From a some days of the week when she did change it, we saw a jump of about 15-20km to DTE — from 240ish before to 260ish now.

However I’d say that’s more due to use of CC than regen modes (the commute is more on a bypass road which close to a highway of sorts, 20km each way)

Last edited by Shresth_EV : 7th August 2022 at 23:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks