Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2022, 21:50   #796
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankit998 View Post
I will be dropping off the car at a service centre nearby and will post an update here soon.
Thanks. Please keep us posted. I'd be very interested to know their response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrey220 View Post
Could you please elaborate '1.5 lakh over the whole loan term' part?
You can claim tax benefits on a total sum of INR 1.5 lac (interest) over a maximum term of 5 years. It is NOT INR 1.5 lac of interest per annum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamship View Post
Teaser for Nexon EV Max. I am in love with the gear shifter knob, it's gorgeous.
Being discussed in detail here
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 12:29   #797

I booked at the same Andheri showroom in November. Xz+ dark.
Yet to get allotment despite being given Feb timeline at booking. So be prepared for delays.

Also, just got an SMS from dealer that Tata has hiked prices by 25k "tentatively". Not sure what that means- sell at hiked up price if we don't push, but discount if we threaten to cancel, may be?
Old 8th May 2022, 21:37   #798

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post

I don't think so.

50K per year for 3 years under SEC 80EEB.
Thanks. Could you please share any link that mentions the 50k limit per year ? I did not find a mention of this wherever I checked.

I have already booked the Nexon EV XZ+ Lux. I prefer fabric seat covers due to the sweaty back issue on the leatherette ones, but my father is interested in the Sunroof. The additional features over the XZ+ include Auto headlamps / wipers apart from the white () leatherette seats, which is also something I could live without.

Also when I took the test drive, I noticed that we will have to rely on hand breaks to keep the car stationary in inclines since there is no P mode. The teaser for the long range seems to have this along with some interesting new features. I hope they add these features to the low range versions as well. Ventilated seats and Park mode added to the low range one at a slight premium would be my wish list.

Spending too much ( Around 3L premium based on rumors) on a longer range vehicle does not look VFM compared to the petrol version. 200 range is sufficient for me as I am looking to use it for daily office runs.
Old 8th May 2022, 23:37   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngdev View Post
Could you please share any link that mentions the 50k limit per year ? I did not find a mention of this wherever I checked.
Here is the official link

It mentions 1.5L deductions per year under 80EEB.
Old 9th May 2022, 09:52   #800
BHPian

Hi. We booked the XZ+ Dark Edition yesterday from Devaki Motors Pune. Wait period is six months minimum due to semicon shortage. Let's hope we can get it earlier than that.

The sales executive assured me that I will be allowed to take the insurance from outside if it's lower than their quote of 91K which I think is on the higher side. Garve were not ready to discuss on this point, so we shifted to Devaki.

Our current city car is a Santro AMT which is just about 3 years old hasn't even touched 10 k thanks to lock downs and WFH. It's a wonderful car to drive in the city. Fuel efficient with a well sorted AMT which when driven with a light foot is quite a delight.

It was alright till my wife drove to work but with the change in location we will hire a driver. The rear seat of the Santro is pretty uncomfortable and since my wife will be chauffer driven the rear seat comfort is most important.

We started off looking at the Tigor EV for my wife whose work commute has increased from daliy 20 kms to 60 kms in dense Pune traffic, so an EV made sense for office commute and weekend run about. We almost finalised the XZ+ variant in grey till the Dark Knight made it's appearance.

One look and my wife said this is what I want to buy. We took a test ride and realised that the Nexon EV is far superior compared to the Tigor. The difference of about 3 lakhs is worth every penny. Especially the rear seat is super, the interiors and overall car has a very mean and muscular look.

Unfortunately the Tigor lost out and it seems it does most of the times. That's why it's available within 30 days as compared to the 180 days for Nexon. Tata needs to shave off at least 2 lakhs off the Tigor's price to make it sell.

We will be selling off the Santro AMT once the new car arrives. I have received quotes of about 5 L from the dealer, but I think I can get a higher price on Spinny or Cars24. I had a very good experience selling my S Cross on Cars24.

Will update the thread once I hear from the dealer
Palio_2005 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 14:56   #801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi13 View Post
Also, just got an SMS from dealer that Tata has hiked prices by 25k "tentatively".
That is correct. Nexon EV is now dearer by INR 25,000 across all variants, this being the third price hike since Jan 2022! Prices were hiked by INR 25,000 across all variants in Jan '22, March '22, and now again in May '22! A net increase of INR 75,000 within 5 months - that's STEEP for a car in this price bracket. I guess Tata Motors is capitalizing on their near monopoly in the Indian EV scene. Also, this is a very clever move by Tata Motors - will help them peg the Max (longer range) variant of the Nexon EV at a higher price point.

Quote:
Thanks. Could you please share any link that mentions the 50k limit per year ? I did not find a mention of this wherever I checked.
The only limit is on the principal amount as INR 1,50,000 which can be availed across your loan tenure. Please refer to this article.

Quote:
I have already booked the Nexon EV XZ+ Lux
XZ+ is the most VFM variant to go for, unless you cannot live without that (namesake) sunroof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
We almost finalised the XZ+ variant in grey till the Dark Knight made it's appearance.
Looks cool for sure but please be aware of the effort involved in keeping it spotless I had booked the Dark edition initially but later switched to XZ+ due to the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
We took a test ride and realised that the Nexon EV is far superior compared to the Tigor. The difference of about 3 lakhs is worth every penny.
The difference is more now, with the constant price hikes that the Nexon has been getting. Tigor is more VFM any day as a city commuter and I would have picked one up over the Nexon if not for the higher GC (given our city roads) and slightly higher range. Do reconsider, more so because you can get some good discounts on the Tigor, making it even more VFM.
Old 9th May 2022, 19:44   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
The difference is more now, with the constant price hikes that the Nexon has been getting. Tigor is more VFM any day as a city commuter and I would have picked one up over the Nexon if not for the higher GC (given our city roads) and slightly higher range. Do reconsider, more so because you can get some good discounts on the Tigor, making it even more VFM.
The lady of the house has spoken.. I was edging her towards Tigor but she has made up her mind beyond reason. Am hoping Mahindra electric to pull am Ace from their sleeve with XUV 7oo like pricing
Old 10th May 2022, 09:47   #803
BHPian

Hello everyone.

I went to Tata Inderjit Showroom yesterday. The manager said that it's very unlikely I'll get 1.5 lakhs subsidy as car registration has already reached 9500 out of first 10,000 cars for subsidy.

Money is not the problem but value for money definitely alarms here. I went to MG showroom, loved the MG EV car but too pricey. 27.50 lakhs is not something I'm looking for.

My budget was 12-15 lakhs and I'm even ready to extend to 18 lakhs for Nexon EV Lux+ Dark Edition but is it worth it? If I buy a petrol car around 12-15 lakhs, I'll end up spending around 10 lakhs more on fuel (according to current prices) for 6 years. While I buy EV car, I'll spend 72,000 (electricity charges) for 6 years. I'll still end up saving even if I buy EV car at 18-20 lakhs.

According to math, EV still stays value for money but the Nexon as car losses out as VFM at 18 lakhs. The build, the material, lack of electronic stability and other features. While the new Nexon is coming up tomorrow, the manager of the showroom said it will go upto 22 lakhs top end. I can't digest 18 lakhs on Nexon, I don't know how to digest a compact SUV car at 22 lakhs.

Any inputs?
Old 10th May 2022, 10:27   #804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruichladdich View Post
Hello everyone.

Any inputs?
You are walking into a seller's market where demand far outstrips supply, especially for EVs. If possible postpone your purchase and wait another year. Hopefully by then the supply situation improves and more competition enters the market.
Old 10th May 2022, 10:34   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
You are walking into a seller's market where demand far outstrips supply, especially for EVs. If possible postpone your purchase and wait another year. Hopefully by then the supply situation improves and more competition enters the market.
Agreed. With only Nexon at this price point, the demand is much more than supply. Another year or two, prices will get competitive.
Old 10th May 2022, 11:13   #806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can't digest 18 lakhs on Nexon, I don't know how to digest a compact SUV car at 22 lakhs
Re-evaluate your requirements and see if you really need an EV right now. If your running is high and petrol prices are hitting you hard, then you do not seem to have a choice. Other than the obvious advantage of low running cost, an EV has a few other advantages which are usually overlooked by average buyers:
  • Supremely refined driving experience - the cheapest of EVs will give you a more refined driving experience than the most expensive of premium luxury ICE cars. Test drive one and you will know what I am talking about
  • Ease of driving in city traffic - very convenient to drive in bumper-to-bumper city traffic, given the single-gear auto-transmission
  • Zero emission - you can take pride in your contribution towards a greener future for our planet

If the Nexon EV appears too expensive to you, please consider the Tigor EV as well. It is a much higher VFM proposition compared to the Nexon EV. The only areas where it falls short of the Nexon is ground clearance and driving range (marginally). All the best
cool_dube is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 11:33   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post

If the Nexon EV appears too expensive to you, please consider the Tigor EV as well. It is a much higher VFM proposition compared to the Nexon EV. The only areas where it falls short of the Nexon is ground clearance and driving range (marginally). All the best
True, Tigor is the more VFM option. Ideally that's what a good SA in the showroom should've suggested.
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 23:36   #808
BHPian

Quote:

I can't digest 18 lakhs on Nexon, I don't know how to digest a compact SUV car at 22 lakhs.

Any inputs?
As Gadkari Ji said , by 2 more years EV prices will be on par with ICE. There are already visible signs, Today Anand group announced big investment in EV motor manufacturing, Exide and other PLI selected manufacturers soon be commencing work on cell manufacturing. This will surely result in price reduction.

Last edited by ASP_73 : 10th May 2022 at 23:38.
Old 12th May 2022, 08:47   #809
BHPian

Thank you for all the inputs.

I did the whole math and somehow Nexon EV at 20 lakhs on road turns out cheaper for more than 5-6 lakhs compared to ICE cars at 15 lakhs on road.

I'm planning to book Nexon EV Max LUX+ 7.2kW. I'm not really convinced and happy with Tata Inderjit showroom at Andheri. Anybody knows a good showroom in Bombay to book Tata cars. I want more reliable and trust worthy approach. Sales manager at Inderjit always have vague answers and they don't even pick up calls. It's very annoying.
Old 12th May 2022, 08:50   #810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for all the inputs.

I did the whole math and somehow Nexon EV at 20 lakhs on road turns out cheaper for more than 5-6 lakhs compared to ICE cars at 15 lakhs on road.

I'm planning to book Nexon EV Max LUX+ 7.2kW. I'm not really convinced and happy with Tata Inderjit showroom at Andheri. Anybody knows a good showroom in Bombay to book Tata cars. I want more reliable and trust worthy approach. Sales manager at Inderjit always have vague answers and they don't even pick up calls. It's very annoying.
What waiting period did they quote? Was it 6 months or less?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks