Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 17:42   #736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
If their mobile service customer care is anything to go by, their service is crap to say the least.

I have been using BigTV since before the launch, have no complaints. Their engineers arrive next day after giving a complaint, picture quality is brilliant, sound is good,thats all I need.
Sahil - You must be really lucky.

Reliance BIGTV is totally crap. I had lodged a complaint on 30-Nov-08 (Complaint no - 81720186) that the setup box complains that he signal quality is poor and nothing comes up. I had followed up every other day until today. They always promised me that they will send someone to look into this. I spoke to the team leader of the call center last week and explained the situation also. She said she will send a e-mail escalating this. As usual nothing happens. When i called them today asking for status they say this complaint has been closed. I was never informed about this. They said it has been closed because of a technical problem.

They did not have a courtesy to call the customer and check before closing a complaint. I never got any call from them. When I ask to log for a complaint now they say that their system is down and cannot take any complaints now. When I ask to speak to their team manager or some superior officer they say that they are not available and they are in a meeting. I have been getting the same response since morning.

See how smart these companies are!. Now I cant log a new complaint or speak to someone reasonable. I have no TV for more than a week now. They rob you of your money and when it comes to service they don't deliver.

I'm planning to take this to consumer court. Guys i have no prior experience on taking a company to consumer court and i don't know what proof i need to make a strong case. If anyone of you had some knowledge on this please help me on how I can handle this.

Last edited by K a s h : 8th December 2008 at 17:53. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 9th December 2008, 13:59   #737
BHPian

Guys, a newbie question here but would really appreciate an answer.

Can I pick up a Setup Box out here and use it in some other country, say Dubai. Will I be able to set it up with a local operator out there?
Old 9th December 2008, 14:01   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post
Guys, a newbie question here but would really appreciate an answer.

Can I pick up a Setup Box out here and use it in some other country, say Dubai. Will I be able to set it up with a local operator out there?
Happens all the time. Known to work with Dish TV. Not sure of others. Just get some one to recharge for you here, or use a credit card online.

Have seen it work in the Gulf in places like Bahrain and Abu Dhabi as well!
Old 13th December 2008, 15:52   #739
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
So I finally got the Jhingalala Plus+
Went to the Tataskyplus site on saturday, paid the entire amount Rs9999.
All in all I am loving it. The DVR is awesome, recorded a movie played it back.
Congrats on your Jhingalala+ experience.

I have a question: When you record the video in the DVR, is there an option to copy this to any external medium, say to a pendrive or the hard drive of my laptop?

If there is no provision in the DVR, is there any grey mkt stuff that will help you do this?
Old 13th December 2008, 15:57   #740
BHPian

Dear Mr RufRoc,

Please note , you cannot use these STB in Dubai as Signals are diffrent.

Thanks

Friends, How is Air TEl DTH,

I heard from other friends that it is good.,

I trust Team Bhp friends and hence i require expert opinion.

Last edited by Zappo : 15th December 2008 at 18:49. Reason: Maharaj, you need to post at one go. Consecutive posts merged.
Old 13th December 2008, 17:04   #741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K a s h View Post
Sahil - You must be really lucky.

Reliance BIGTV is totally crap. I had lodged a complaint on 30-Nov-08 (Complaint no - 81720186) that the setup box complains that he signal quality is poor and nothing comes up. I had followed up every other day until today. They always promised me that they will send someone to look into this. I spoke to the team leader of the call center last week and explained the situation also. She said she will send a e-mail escalating this. As usual nothing happens. When i called them today asking for status they say this complaint has been closed. I was never informed about this. They said it has been closed because of a technical problem.

They did not have a courtesy to call the customer and check before closing a complaint. I never got any call from them. When I ask to log for a complaint now they say that their system is down and cannot take any complaints now. When I ask to speak to their team manager or some superior officer they say that they are not available and they are in a meeting. I have been getting the same response since morning.

See how smart these companies are!. Now I cant log a new complaint or speak to someone reasonable. I have no TV for more than a week now. They rob you of your money and when it comes to service they don't deliver.

I'm planning to take this to consumer court. Guys i have no prior experience on taking a company to consumer court and i don't know what proof i need to make a strong case. If anyone of you had some knowledge on this please help me on how I can handle this.
Excellent, their DTH seems to be operating exactly like their mobile service!

If you intend to take them to court, do mantain a detailed log of everthing - the dates and time of your calls/complaints, emails, any other correspondence, your complaint numbers, names of the supervisor/representative, and of course all your bills/receipts, etc., etc. This adds a lot of credence to your statement. This will be easy, if you update the log every single time you have any interaction with them. If you have all this, you can go ahead and file your case immediately... just do it fast... chances are they will run after you to settle out of court.

G'luck!
Old 13th December 2008, 17:10   #742
ECM
BHPian

What is someone wants to cancel DTH service,for me it is tatasky,am I entitle to get any refund after I submit settop box and remote to them with my viewing card?
Old 13th December 2008, 17:44   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhojraj View Post
Friends, How is Air TEl DTH,

I heard from other friends that it is good.,

I trust Team Bhp friends and hence i require expert opinion.
I have been using it since the past month. I like it. The transmission is good, their sevice has been professional. I love their worldspace radio channels too. I feel they are a little costly as compared to other dth providers. This is my first dth connection at home, so, can not compare with other providers.
Old 14th December 2008, 16:16   #744
Senior - BHPian

any DTH providers in Bangalore provide HDMI or component output from STB? Anyone who have tried it on HDTV?
Old 14th December 2008, 17:05   #745
BHPian

Can someone tell me what are the connectivity options in Tata Sky + STB . thanks
Old 15th December 2008, 17:58   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
Can someone tell me what are the connectivity options in Tata Sky + STB . thanks
Composite video like a regular TSky STB (1 video, left, right audio), S-video, and component video found in DVD players (Red, Blue, Green for video). LCD TVs show TS+ component video output as 576i.
In addition there is a digital out for audio (I think), RJ45 jack for a modem, RJ11 for an ethernet connection and a USB socket - those are all inactive, I believe.
Pictures here:
Tatasky+ STB unboxed with photos ! - India Broadband Forum
Old 15th December 2008, 18:44   #747
Senior - BHPian

I don't think there's any digital out from any of the DTH vendors in India. Its just a Stereo out. If anyone's seen an optical/co-axial out in any of the DTH STB's please update here.
Old 15th December 2008, 18:47   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
I don't think there's any digital out from any of the DTH vendors in India. Its just a Stereo out. If anyone's seen an optical/co-axial out in any of the DTH STB's please update here.
Check out this photo from the broadbandforum.in site of the TS+ box. You will see both, the co-ax and optical digital out.
Old 15th December 2008, 18:48   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Congrats on your Jhingalala+ experience.

I have a question: When you record the video in the DVR, is there an option to copy this to any external medium, say to a pendrive or the hard drive of my laptop?

If there is no provision in the DVR, is there any grey mkt stuff that will help you do this?
Thanks bro. No there is no option to copy the data to an external medium but if I remember correctly, I read at the broadband forum that it might be possible. WIll check and revert.
Old 15th December 2008, 19:30   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
What is someone wants to cancel DTH service,for me it is tatasky,am I entitle to get any refund after I submit settop box and remote to them with my viewing card?
Nope. You will get nothing. Whereas the settop box is your property, the dish is their property and you will have to surrender it (you will not get any refund). You will have to forget about any credit balance in the account also. This is for TataSky. I don't know about other operators.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks