Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2016, 22:08   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band/Smartwatch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
PS: Friends, Can I request you to suggest a band with GPS tracker to me.
I use the Garmin Forerunner 15 with an HRM. It is very decent and dependable. But if getting a map of your run is what you want you can just download the Strava app on your phone and go out with it activated. My phone can catch GPS even from a zipped side pocket. Strava is a very good app to have even if you have a fitness watch. I back up my data on both Garmin Connect as well as Strava. It is seamless and automatic.
Old 27th September 2016, 08:05   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Promit,

Does this have a GPS tracker that can record your run/walk route?
Unlike the Fitbit Surge,the Fitbit Blaze does not have built in GPS. The Blaze has something called connected GPS, you need to have your phone on you in paired mode for GPS to function. Works just as well in my opinion, minus the battery drain.
Old 27th September 2016, 15:14   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Unlike the Fitbit Surge,the Fitbit Blaze does not have built in GPS. The Blaze has something called connected GPS, you need to have your phone on you in paired mode for GPS to function. Works just as well in my opinion, minus the battery drain.
Please clarify a doubt.

Do you mean that in case of Blaze you have to carry your phone in your pocket when you go for a run, after pairing it with the band?

Or do you mean that the band records the coordinates of the route, which can later be transferred to and viewed on a phone.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by skdking : 27th September 2016 at 15:18.
Old 27th September 2016, 16:40   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Do you mean that in case of Blaze you have to carry your phone in your pocket when you go for a run, after pairing it with the band?
Yes, if you wish to record the coordinates of the route on the Blaze, then the phone and watch need to be paired. It uses the phones native GPS capabilities along with the Fitbit app to map the route.
Old 28th September 2016, 09:31   #155
Senior - BHPian

I have started crossfit and I was thinking of getting a smartwatch. Shortlisted the Fitbit Alta at the beginning but then realised it doesnt have the heart rate monitor. So decided Fitbit Blaze fits the bill perfectly. HOwever, it is coming to USD 200 compared to the Series 1 Apple watch which is just USD 69 more.

So now I am confused which one to get. Any pointers guys?
Old 28th September 2016, 10:34   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Charger View Post
As a matter of fact, yes. Xiaomi has launched the Mi Band 2 in India for Rs. 1999. The sale is at 12 PM on 27th Sept. http://www.mi.com/in/miband2/ for more info.
Any one, got their hands on Mi Band 2?

Seems the next sale is on 11th Oct.
Old 28th September 2016, 13:54   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I have started crossfit and I was thinking of getting a smartwatch. Shortlisted the Fitbit Alta at the beginning but then realised it doesnt have the heart rate monitor. So decided Fitbit Blaze fits the bill perfectly. HOwever, it is coming to USD 200 compared to the Series 1 Apple watch which is just USD 69 more.

So now I am confused which one to get. Any pointers guys?
I would suggest considering the new Charge 2 or the Blaze if its solely for fitness purposes. Much better than than the Apple Watch. For everything else (except battery), the Apple Watch beats it hands down.
Old 28th September 2016, 14:30   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Any one, got their hands on Mi Band 2?

Seems the next sale is on 11th Oct.
Should have it delivered today, shall provide preliminary thoughts after a few days.
Old 28th September 2016, 16:16   #159
Senior - BHPian

The mi band 2 does not track continuous heart rate on a time graph like the fitbit, from what I gather.
Old 28th September 2016, 16:38   #160
BHPian

I was able to book mine on the sale hopefully will be getting it by tomorrow. Will Keep you guys posted.
Old 29th September 2016, 23:16   #161
BHPian

So finally received Mi2 band and yes it does not track continuous heart rate but Whenever you want which can be represented in chart form in the app. Every thing gets easily synced with MI fit app. Battery looks good been using it for like 6 hours now and it dropped only 3 percent with all the notification for calls and messages On. Vibration is pretty strong.

Get notified for WhatsApp, messages, calls etc and all the apps can be configured for notifications. Neither numbers are displayed for any callers nor the messages that you receive. Just a notification with an icon of what's it's for. I have not used fitness bands before however this looks simple and effective and is no nonsense band. Quality of the band is good and it doesn't look cheap. For the first time user like me this is worth the price.

1485-steps
999m - distance
119 calories
Attached Thumbnails
The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-1475170666284.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-1475170712396.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-1475170764926.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-1475170791237.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-1475170825799.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-1475170879876.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-1475170954966.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-1475171020186.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-1475171038096.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-1475171057886.jpg  

Old 30th September 2016, 00:45   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lHarpreetl View Post
So finally received Mi2 band
Just one question. When I go for a run, will I have to carry my phone along with me or this device can record the data and can sync later with the phone.
Old 30th September 2016, 08:07   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Just one question. When I go for a run, will I have to carry my phone along with me or this device can record the data and can sync later with the phone.
Nope, just the band and it will sync the data when in the vicinity. I always thought this is the case because if we need to carry phone everywhere then the band is just a display and a heart rate monitor that's it. Initial few hours of ownership are good. It has sleep monitor as well and it's interesting to see how many hours you were in deep sleep vs not so deep sleep. Will Keep testing it and let you guys know in case there are some flaws since its too early to say anything.
Old 2nd October 2016, 14:01   #164
BHPian

Hey guys ordered a Apple Watch Sport 38 MM Rose Gold Aluminium for Rs.15900 on FK and also have a Apple Watch Sport 42 MM Silver Aluminium with white band for Rs.19990in my orders.

Now this watch is for my wife for her upcoming birthday.The question is does anybody have a idea on whether the 38 MM or 42 MM would suit a lady.

I need to cancel off one watch from the two mentioned.
Old 2nd October 2016, 14:12   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
Hey guys ordered a Apple Watch Sport 38 MM Rose Gold Aluminium for Rs.15900 on FK and also have a Apple Watch Sport 42 MM Silver Aluminium with white band for Rs.19990in my orders.

Now this watch is for my wife for her upcoming birthday.The question is does anybody have a idea on whether the 38 MM or 42 MM would suit a lady.

I need to cancel off one watch from the two mentioned.
IMO 38mm would be suitable. Plus I would always go ahead with rose gold for my lady any time than silver . Attaching a picture from google to see the difference, it's not a huge difference however it's visible. Make your choice.

Source Google Images
Attached Thumbnails
The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-1475397711009.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks