Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:38   #3196
BANNED

Any idea about Philips 42PFL9703/98 price in Bangalore.
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:47   #3197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Any idea about Philips 42PFL9703/98 price in Bangalore.

Not sure about BLR, but during the Diwali offer in HYD, Reliance Digital was offering the 9703 at ~80k and the 7403 at ~60k (which i picked up). Along with any TV they were also offering some jewellery free.

In my opinion the 9703 had the best performance when compared to all other TVs they had on display at that time.
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:01   #3198
BANNED

Here i got offer of 75K in one of the premium shop so expecting even lesser price range in small shops, let me find out this weekend.
Old 4th December 2009, 12:46   #3199
BHPian

Quote:
drchernish i have done a good amount of research in 32" LCD panels, close your eyes and buy Philips, if you dont believe visit any showroom who keeps Sony, Samsung, Sharp, Philips (LG i dont consider as competitor to any of these brands, no offence to LG owners) and see the difference yourself.
well thanks for reply but i would either go for lg or samsung.in lg i know several people and can get a good discount.checked out the prices of 37 inch lg n samsung-both are of 48000/-.sony does not have full hd in 37 inch.40 inch will be too big for my bedroom.anyone has views on these 37 inch lcds?lg 37 lh35fr and samsung LA37B530P7R.thanks.....
Old 5th December 2009, 15:47   #3200
BHPian

Today I got a pleasant shock to be quoted LG 42PQ70 plasma for Rs. 39500/- (best price from a LG shoppe). Guys this sounds like deal of the year (not that there's much of the 'year' left) but I am gunning to pick it up today/tomorrow, if you guys agree that (a) LG Plasmas compare well to Panasonic's and (b), price is actually good.

I also got a quote for Panny C10 for 41,000/-, but the big reason I am attracted to LG is that this model has picture freeze, USB and bluetooth -- all features lacking in the Panny. Of course, it comes nearly 2k cheaper.

Guys need your advice, should I go for LG over Panny? If you guys say so, I can take your congratulations starting tomorrow, hopefully!
Old 5th December 2009, 15:53   #3201
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for your suggestions guys, i bought a 40" Samsung LCD full HD for Rs.51,000. Hope its a good deal.
Old 5th December 2009, 18:27   #3202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
Guys need your advice, should I go for LG over Panny? If you guys say so, I can take your congratulations starting tomorrow, hopefully!
I had seen the PQ60 beside a PV8. Found it to be as good as the Panny - maybe a tad more vibrant/brighter. You can take the LG at that price. The PV80 is also selling around that price - for dealers who still have some in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Thanks for your suggestions guys, i bought a 40" Samsung LCD full HD for Rs.51,000. Hope its a good deal.
If that's the B530, then the price is correct. Good deal.
Old 5th December 2009, 22:03   #3203
BHPian

Amigos, here's the deal. Next is offering me a LG 42PQ70 they claim to have put on the wall (of the showroom) just 4 days ago, and he even showed me a receipt with pen-marking of the piece's serial number (I matched it), that is dated 29 November. The guys over there claim that they have a high-moving inventory and there is no reason to worry. My big concern is about the pen marking that's not the same as computer marking. What do you guys suggest- should I go for it (in which case I get the delivery tomorrow), or wait for 8-10 days while a factory-fresh piece is fetched.

I knew how to enter the service menu but didn't do so, mainly for the warnings circulating on the Internet (some steps are irreversible, it voids the warranty etc. etc.).

Guys, let me know what you think. Either I get my TV tomorrow or after a week.
Old 7th December 2009, 11:01   #3204
Senior - BHPian

I dont see any valid reasons not to enter in the service menu. Its a joke if LG says entering in the service menu would void the warranty. Ask the guys to show you no of hours the TV has been used, let them handle the menu. If they say they are not aware, you tell them the way. If they talk about warranty, tell them you will talk to LG about the warranty issues. If possible call LG call center right in front of them.

Other option is to wait for 7-8 days. Once you use the TV, give us reviews . I am also planning to go for PQ70.
Old 8th December 2009, 12:04   #3205
BHPian

well i am getting a deal of 44000/ rs for LG 37lh35fr.is that a good deal
Old 8th December 2009, 14:02   #3206
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
I knew how to enter the service menu but didn't do so, mainly for the warnings circulating on the Internet (some steps are irreversible, it voids the warranty etc. etc.).
What is a service menu & how do you enter it?
I also have an LG TV (CRT) & would like to enter the service menu - what kind of stuff can you change on the service menu?
Old 9th December 2009, 09:56   #3207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
well i am getting a deal of 44000/ rs for LG 37lh35fr.is that a good deal
any ideas anyone???is that a fair deal???
Old 9th December 2009, 10:35   #3208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
What is a service menu & how do you enter it?
I also have an LG TV (CRT) & would like to enter the service menu - what kind of stuff can you change on the service menu?

Service menu is meant for the servicing guys who can check the values of picture/ sound settings of yor TV through the remote itself without having to open the TV. It is activated by pressing some keys on the remote in a particular sequence specific to the brand or model.

Though I know a bit of setting, dont play around too much as it can cause some issues with the Electronics( Hardware part). I entered into my Philips CRT Tv and was playing around with the settings and the TV went kaput. I had corrected the Picture which was having a slight horizontal Tilt but was exploring other settings when it you know what

Spent abt 3 K for some blown ICs and got a nice dose from my wife as it took 3 days to get it repaired.

Last edited by muni : 9th December 2009 at 10:38.
Old 9th December 2009, 13:34   #3209
BANNED

Bought Philips 32 PFL5609 and yesterday the installer came from Philips saw the wall mouting unit and said its for 42" not for 32" so installed on one table, gave a short demo and went, after that i sat and calibrated as per my taste and played various sources and after comparing with my Plasma(Panny PV8) i felt like,
1)Still there's no match for Plasma specially they perform too good with SD content.
2)Viewing angle is no issue with plasmas and here with LCD you can make it out that picture is changing according to viewing angle.
3) LCD's are way bright and colors are not as natural as Plasmas, handling capacity of black levels are better in plasma .
4)Plasma handles motions better than LCD's.
5)Both played equally good the HD contents.
6)LCD was bit better with full HD as its full HD LCD and Plasma is just HD panel.I am sure a full HD plasma will sure out perform starting and mid range LCD's any day.
7)Ghost images and motion trail issue is there with SD content in LCD and feels like colors are mixing with each others even though this LCD is having 5ms of response time.
8 )Power consumption is on higher side for plasma but it varies and depend upon the panel settings so on this front LCD is winner by hardly 10-30% margin.
Old 10th December 2009, 09:54   #3210
BHPian

Quote:
after that i sat and calibrated as per my taste and played various sources and after comparing with my Plasma(Panny PV8) i felt like,
1)Still there's no match for Plasma specially they perform too good with SD content.
2)Viewing angle is no issue with plasmas and here with LCD you can make it out that picture is changing according to viewing angle.

8 )Power consumption is on higher side for plasma but it varies and depend upon the panel settings so on this front LCD is winner by hardly 10-30% margin.
Good review Ajay! Can anyone answer why electronics store salesman are always pushing LCDs over PDPs? Last week I got feedback from Next employees:

1. Plasmas TVs can leak gas and if it happens, your TV is just an expensive wall mount
2. Plasmas are never as clear as LCDs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks