Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2021, 11:45   #9061
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi,
Anybody installed any BLDC fan/s at home. Any pointers about best reliable BLDC fan today? Thanks.
I have many 'Superfan's for more than seven years and apart from one failure, I am satisfied with them. I also have two Atomberg pedestal-fans and satisfied with them.
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 12:12   #9062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi,
Anybody installed any BLDC fan/s at home. Any pointers about best reliable BLDC fan today? Thanks.
I have both Superfan and Atomberg at home; with Superfan service being painfully slow to respond, to full replacement when they did (around 6 months time).
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 12:37   #9063
Senior - BHPian

We have redone our whole kitchen.

Now need to buy some new appliances.

First a refrigerator with 500+ litre capacity. We have used Samsung always and they have been fine. Any other recommendations?

Second - Chimney. No idea about this. Reading online Faber seems to be a preferred brand. Plz suggest.

Third- RO. Ours was a 10 years old Eureka Forbes RO which was at end of life so now need to buy a new one. As things have evolved and I see lot of terms on Amazon plz suggest which one to buy.

Fourth - 4 burner gas stove. Again Faber seems to have good review in this.

Kindly suggest.
Old 22nd October 2021, 14:40   #9064
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post

First a refrigerator with 500+ litre capacity. We have used Samsung always and they have been fine. Any other recommendations?

Second - Chimney. No idea about this. Reading online Faber seems to be a preferred brand. Plz suggest.

Third- RO. Ours was a 10 years old Eureka Forbes RO which was at end of life so now need to buy a new one. As things have evolved and I see lot of terms on Amazon plz suggest which one to buy.

Kindly suggest.
We did our whole house last August, so it's fairly recent inputs i can give on what I bought.

1. Lg French door options may be around 600 litres
2. Elica.can check the model, but it's pretty good.
3. Lg again, 8l storage
4. No idea. Shifted completely to induction
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 15:40   #9065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any other recommendations?
We're struck to Whirlpool for its high reliability (or may be we got good pieces both the times in 2 decades)

Quote:
Second - Chimney. No idea about this. Reading online Faber seems to be a preferred brand. Plz suggest
We've Elica (VFM) although my personal favorite is Faber

Quote:
Whew!! I don't know where to start...may be start with the TDS of your water please? Stick with Eureka Forbes (although there're better brands, products & components in the market); if you're capable of servicing the RO, then stay off from Eureka Forbes (day robbers)

Quote:
Fourth - 4 burner gas stove. Again Faber seems to have good review in this
Elica, Faber or Hafele. A word of caution - if you're planning to use this 4 burner for everyday cooking (esp South Indian dishes, not sure about other dishes)...then, welcome to enjoy everyday fixing, not immediately but over the years. These show pieces are good enough only for style & probably preparing coffee/tea!!

Last edited by aargee : 22nd October 2021 at 15:56.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 16:43   #9066
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post

Elica, Faber or Hafele. A word of caution - if you're planning to use this 4 burner for everyday cooking (esp South Indian dishes, not sure about other dishes)...then, welcome to enjoy everyday fixing, not immediately but over the years. These show pieces are good enough only for style & probably preparing coffee/tea!!
My mom hated the four burner set up as it was too close to each other and she found cooking in 2 or more large vessels at the same time very difficult(large family of 8 when all are WFH). Finally it was thrown out after 18 months and a conventional 2 burner model was procured again. My wife by the same logic does not consider 4 burner models.
ike is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 17:25   #9067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
My mom hated the four burner set up as it was too close to each other and she found cooking in 2 or more large vessels at the same time very difficult(large family of 8 when all are WFH)
Which model was this sir?
Although I'm not recommending this yesteryears gas stove to @harry10 on their newly refashioned kitchen, this is what we're happily using for nearly 15 years. The only problem with this model is the bottom bezel wears off after 7-8 years & the nozzle to be cleaned once a year. Otherwise...absolutely trouble free product & vessels are not close to each other due to it's first floor-ground floor design

The problem with existing 4 burner model is the absence of the mild elevation in the gas stove due to which your experience stated above is certainly bound to happen...even in the case of Hafele, Faber, Gilma or even Butterfly glass top models or even traditional gas stove models.

Name:  PrestigeDGS044Burner1309390183809.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  63.1 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Finally it was thrown out after 18 months and a conventional 2 burner model was procured again
Yes, nothing beats the conventional model, absolutely right; may be 3 burner isn't that bad either.

Last edited by aargee : 22nd October 2021 at 17:49.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 17:57   #9068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Two years ago, I replaced 8-year-old Elica Hob & Chimney with Faber ones. Went with Faber because it had better reviews. Frankly, I don't see much difference in quality between Faber and Elica. Faber's service has been slightly better though.

If budget permits, go for more premium brands. I couldn't because the likes of Seimens were only available in larger sizes and required major rework of the kitchen layout to accommodate.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 11:52   #9069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Kindly suggest.
1. Refrigerator depends on the space you have. Current Inverter types are most popular and you can choose between Samsung and LG, best done in a physical shop. If you have space for it my recommendation is to get 2 280L-350L refrigerators rather than one big 500L-600L piece.

2. We have Hindware Chimney. The just repackage Italian Imports. Our one is baffle type with a hot-flush-cycle to degrease oil and collect in a slim container.

3. RO depends on the service level that you expect. Here in Delhi Kent has the best service, but it is expensive. Annual maintenance and consumables will set you back by around K6.

4. We use a cooking range as I am partial to the gas oven. There are various models of both cooking ranges and counter top hobs. There is no good or bad among the top brands - Elica, Kaaf, Hindware, Faber etc. Browse the net for the burner layout. There 2, 3, 4 5 and 6 burner options that you can consider depending on your needs. If your counter has space get a 5 or 6 burner hob as that will give you plenty of space for very large vessels. (When I make Biryani for parties the vessel is 20 inches across so it occupies the front left gas and then only the rear right can be used, so I guess a larger 6 burner layout is needed).
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 16:20   #9070
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
LG microwave dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS_RE650 View Post
Microwave has lifespan not more than 10 Years.
Quote:
Thanks. No, I don't do DIY on electricals/electronics. If the service guy can fix it, it's fixed. If not, it's dead.
It's alive . And hopefully now going to make it to 15 years!

Magnetron and capacitor replaced. Guy came to diagnose, went for spare parts and returned within a couple of hours. He said it is a good model, copper wiring: it seems aluminium is used in the transformers now.

Good support work from LG. Cost 2,700. More than last time, but much less than a new oven!
Old 24th October 2021, 19:24   #9071
BHPian

Quote:
Microwave has lifespan not more than 10 Years. We had two LG MW (one in Bangalore other at home town) both were dead around 10th year. Magnetron was the culprit and replacement cost in excess of 2,500 plus service. Hence discarded both and got two LG MC3286BRUM. My advise, get all LG products from LG brand store. They offer better price.
I am using "Sanyo" M/Wave purchase in Dubai early 1997. Still using it. There was a minor problem with PCB in 2018. Did not let mechanic repair that but got electrical altered to my requirements. The Light Bulb fused and the Bulb of its thread size could not be found. I replaced it with a LED.
Still working fine.
Amrik Singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 12:26   #9072
BHPian

Quote:
It's alive . And hopefully now going to make it to 15 years!

Magnetron and capacitor replaced. Guy came to diagnose, went for spare parts and returned within a couple of hours. He said it is a good model, copper wiring: it seems aluminium is used in the transformers now.

Good support work from LG. Cost 2,700. More than last time, but much less than a new oven!
Magnetron is the part which requires replacement. I got it replaced once and it was fine for approx. an year then again gone. Hence replaced new one.
Old 25th October 2021, 13:04   #9073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LG is good, if you are looking for side by side. Their new motor is Inverter Linear Compressor, which is efficient and almost no noise. Got this info in google " LG Linear inverter compressor is better than Samsung digital inverter compressor because it has only single friction point". Also love the Ice dispensing feature.

Earlier had got Bosch side by side, returned as it was defective, used to make lot of noise when compared to LG.

I got this one from Amazon,. https://www.lg.com/in/refrigerators/lg-GC-L247CLAV

Last edited by shamanth : 25th October 2021 at 13:07.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 13:10   #9074
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
This is the one that I got too, and I concur on the points you made. But I for it for about 10k less from a brick and mortar during semi peak lockdown days.
Old 25th October 2021, 16:17   #9075
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Magnetron is the part which requires replacement. I got it replaced once and it was fine for approx. an year then again gone. Hence replaced new one.
Looks to me like the life is five to six years. I'm sure it varies. Hope to get at least five more years now: this is the second replacement.

Mixie: today we saw selection at one local store. Wife was not inclined to shop around, and we selected Preethi. 750w, good warranty. Just over 7k. It was encouraging to see spares actually in stock.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks