Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2012, 14:49   #5356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010
I hope they offer discounts at later stage after the initial rush.
Discount on phone with a "I", I don't think so,I never heard of any discount on apple stuff.
Old 27th October 2012, 14:58   #5357
Senior - BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
I hope they offer discounts at later stage after the initial rush.
Yes, they will offer discounts on iPhone 5, but after iPhone 6 is released.
Old 27th October 2012, 15:13   #5358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Discount on phone with a "I", I don't think so,I never heard of any discount on apple stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Yes, they will offer discounts on iPhone 5, but after iPhone 6 is released.
I meant discounts at the merchant level.
Old 27th October 2012, 18:03   #5359
Senior - BHPian

With the India launch of the Iphone 5 confirmed for November 2, I need help in transferring data from my Samsung Wave S8500 running on bada 2.01 to the IPhone 5. I have a Macbook Pro with OS X. Any suggestions guys?
Old 27th October 2012, 18:31   #5360
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
With the India launch of the Iphone 5 confirmed for November 2, I need help in transferring data from my Samsung Wave S8500 running on bada 2.01 to the IPhone 5. I have a Macbook Pro with OS X. Any suggestions guys?
Use kies? to transfer all the data to MBP OR Gmail for contacts and rest of the stuff copy manually to MBP and then use iTunes to sync back again.

I have paid for iPhone 5 white to be collected at UB city on 2nd. 45500/- is the price. Now have to contact Airtel to arrange for the nano sim. Already I have a chopped regular sim to micro sim, don't want to risk another chop job. Moreover it's almost a decade old sim.
Old 27th October 2012, 20:54   #5361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Use kies? to transfer all the data to MBP OR Gmail for contacts and rest of the stuff copy manually to MBP and then use iTunes to sync back again.

I have paid for iPhone 5 white to be collected at UB city on 2nd. 45500/- is the price. Now have to contact Airtel to arrange for the nano sim. Already I have a chopped regular sim to micro sim, don't want to risk another chop job. Moreover it's almost a decade old sim.
Even i am thinking of taking the plunge - Have you checked with Airtel whether they have the nano sim in stock ?
Old 27th October 2012, 21:08   #5362
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Even i am thinking of taking the plunge - Have you checked with Airtel whether they have the nano sim in stock ?
Did not get time to goto the Airtel store, but customer care (121) mentioned it will be out soon. Plan to visit the showroom and enquire/place order next week.
Old 27th October 2012, 21:44   #5363
BHPian

To all those who are going in for iP5. Better put on some protective gear the moment you take the phone out of its wraps. I'm talking with the anodised portion in mind.

I made a visit to the local Apple Store in Toronto yesterday and was shocked to see the condition of the display pieces. All of them looked as if they have been around & abused for years. The black ones were the worst hit. White/ slate color somehow camouflaged the bruises and looked better suited to handle the "scuffes".

And its been only a month since those have been on display! Worried how iP5 will look a year down the lane. Am disappointed, was expecting better.

Strangely not many bumper cases either at the store. The shelves were still flooded with the ones for 4/ 4S. Bought myself an additonal "Lightening to USB" cable, 21$.
Old 28th October 2012, 09:55   #5364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Did not get time to goto the Airtel store, but customer care (121) mentioned it will be out soon. Plan to visit the showroom and enquire/place order next week.
I was told by the Airtel staff that the nano SIM's will be out this week. I hope they have made adequate arrangement's for these nano SIM's, just hope we don't end up with the phones in hand but wouldn't be able to use it because there are no nano SIM's around!
Old 28th October 2012, 23:14   #5365
BHPian

Exactly!!!

A friend of mine has a Black one since last 3 weeks and phone looks as if its 3 years old.

Beautiful phone but not so good material. A case is for sure required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
To all those who are going in for iP5. Better put on some protective gear the moment you take the phone out of its wraps. I'm talking with the anodised portion in mind.

I made a visit to the local Apple Store in Toronto yesterday and was shocked to see the condition of the display pieces. All of them looked as if they have been around & abused for years. The black ones were the worst hit. White/ slate color somehow camouflaged the bruises and looked better suited to handle the "scuffes".

And its been only a month since those have been on display! Worried how iP5 will look a year down the lane. Am disappointed, was expecting better.

Strangely not many bumper cases either at the store. The shelves were still flooded with the ones for 4/ 4S. Bought myself an additonal "Lightening to USB" cable, 21$.
Old 29th October 2012, 02:11   #5366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825
Exactly!!!

A friend of mine has a Black one since last 3 weeks and phone looks as if its 3 years old.

Beautiful phone but not so good material. A case is for sure required.
I have a black one as well. Had preordered a case before the launch and hence was prepared. Still one can't avoid scratches around the lightening port/ headphone jack unless one is extra careful.

Wondering if it is indeed possible to change the case like the previous versions. Would be an expensive option for sure....
Old 29th October 2012, 13:56   #5367
Distinguished - BHPian

After using an IP4s 64GB since early Dec '11 (and iPhones since 2009) in parallel with high end Android handsets (Moto Razr and Samsung GS3), I have decided to switch over to the 'droid camp at least for now. I sold off my IP4s today to a friend.

Beautiful handset the IP5 surely is but I am not very happy with Apple's pricing (Rs. ~60K for an IP5 64GB, with only a 4" screen), restrictions and the current IOS6 is a disappointment to me.

Let me see how IP6 turns out next year and I may return to the Apple fold. In the meantime I am considering buying a new laptop - an Apple MacBook Pro is also in the running. :-)
Old 29th October 2012, 16:07   #5368
Team-BHP Support

Airtel also seemed to have started the prebooking, but only in black i guess. http://shop.airtel.com/mobiles/apple...--0137341.html

I have emailed them asking about the nano sim also.
Old 29th October 2012, 16:18   #5369
Senior - BHPian

^^ Thanks for sharing.

So now since the IP5 is coming for sure, when is the cost reduction of IP-4S happening? I expect to hit at least 35k mark, when IP5 comes.
Old 29th October 2012, 16:30   #5370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
^^ Thanks for sharing.

So now since the IP5 is coming for sure, when is the cost reduction of IP-4S happening? I expect to hit at least 35k mark, when IP5 comes.
The price of the 16GB variant of Apple iPhone 4S is currently at Rs 38,500.
I think its unlikely the prices will be slashed again once the 5 launches, given that the prices have been slashed twice already (44500->41500->38500).

Times of India link

Most Viewed