Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2015, 15:37   #8431
BHPian

Last week I bought an iPhone 5s for 23k and I have paid using credit card emi. Is there any way I can make use of the online sale happening right now and make my deal better? I bought the iPhone from Croma and they won't accept returns. By seeing the low prices of the iPhone, I think I should have waited a week :(
Old 21st December 2015, 16:24   #8432
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
As long as find my iphone was active on the phone, an activation lock is implemented. He will be unable to factory reset the device without apple ID and password.. Even if he knows how to get into recovery mode, it will ask for password on activation.
In short, the phone is a paperweight to that person. Just file a report in your home area, make up a story (unethical, but may work).
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Not if he gets the mainboard changed which will cost anywhere between 8-12k or just sell it for chump change to a mobile repair guy.
So does that mean that it is impossible for someone to recover data from a lost iphone? What if he connects to a PC , will it be accessible as removable storage, and grant access to photos on the camera roll?

I've been off iphones after an update screwed up my 4s. The lowered prices and security are tempting.

Any price cuts for the 6 expected?
Old 21st December 2015, 16:31   #8433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
So does that mean that it is impossible for someone to recover data from a lost iphone? What if he connects to a PC , will it be accessible as removable storage, and grant access to photos on the camera roll?

I've been off iphones after an update screwed up my 4s. The lowered prices and security are tempting.

Any price cuts for the 6 expected?

Data is definitely inaccessible. Current IOS versions do not allow access to storage unless the device is unlocked.
Ive found people who forgot their apple password, and willing to sell off an iphone 6 for 10k rupees..
Only "trusted" computers can access the device without unlocking.

Keep track of current christmas sales, you might find a deal somewhere. Diwali was a steal, got my sister a 16gb iphone 6 for 37500 without any additional cashbacks.
Old 21st December 2015, 19:43   #8434
BHPian

Has anyone bought the apple care plan in Bangalore? Any pointers as to where I can get it? I have got 1 year extended warranty from Croma with my purchase. Is that really helpful?
Old 22nd December 2015, 08:53   #8435
BHPian

I've been using a 6s (Model: A1688) bought from UK for the last 2 weeks in Bangalore and Airtel 4G LTE mostly never works. Wanted to check if anybody else is facing similar problems?

I'm mostly connected to a 3G network which is .
Old 22nd December 2015, 10:08   #8436
Distinguished - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
I've been using a 6s (Model: A1688) bought from UK for the last 2 weeks in Bangalore and Airtel 4G LTE mostly never works. Wanted to check if anybody else is facing similar problems?

I'm mostly connected to a 3G network which is .

Im not sure, but some of the earlier iPhones did not support all LTE bands. You might want to check or check with Airtel where you should have coverage.
i have the same problem with my iPad I nought some time ago in Europe. Only works on certain parts of the Airtel LTE network.
My iPhone 6s I bought in Delhi and that works fine on all bands and technology.
Jeroen

Last edited by Jeroen : 22nd December 2015 at 10:10.
Old 22nd December 2015, 18:27   #8437

Finally downgraded to an iPhone 6 from a Nexus 6 specs wise

Ready to see what all the fuss is about an iPhone
I have been using Android for quite sometime so wanted to make a switch

By the way I got the iPhone 6 16gb silver for 36,095 INR on Flipkart with two offers, one of them is a straight discount of 2400 on the phone and another 2000 off on Standard Chartered card

you could save a bit more getting it from paytm but the delivery time is like 9 days and you get a cashback instead of discount
Old 23rd December 2015, 06:56   #8438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Has anyone bought the apple care plan in Bangalore? Any pointers as to where I can get it? I have got 1 year extended warranty from Croma with my purchase. Is that really helpful?
I bought the Apple Care protection plan from Croma itself. They have it in other stores and if you order it, they will get it for you. I cancelled my 1 year extended warranty from Croma and purchased the Apple care plan. It costs Rs.3900 for iPhone 5s and below models and Rs.4900 (not sure) for iPhone 6 and above models. It covers 2 accidental damages and 1 year extended warranty. Its helpful for clumsy hands like me
Old 23rd December 2015, 07:27   #8439
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I bought the Apple Care protection plan from Croma itself. They have it in other stores and if you order it, they will get it for you. I cancelled my 1 year extended warranty from Croma and purchased the Apple care plan. It costs Rs.3900 for iPhone 5s and below models and Rs.4900 (not sure) for iPhone 6 and above models. It covers 2 accidental damages and 1 year extended warranty. Its helpful for clumsy hands like me
Are you sure thats the apple care protection? I was given an insurance for 2750 which covers two accidental damages and all other incidents. I dont think that the warranty of the phone got extended, and if it did, it should be provided by croma and not apple. Wondering why I was not offered the plan which you got :(
Old 23rd December 2015, 08:39   #8440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Are you sure thats the apple care protection? I was given an insurance for 2750 which covers two accidental damages and all other incidents. I dont think that the warranty of the phone got extended, and if it did, it should be provided by croma and not apple. Wondering why I was not offered the plan which you got :(
Yes, its the apple care protection plan. Initially I was also offered the Croma extended warranty, which is nothing but an insurance.

I doubt whether it will cover accidental damages. One of my friends told me that buying such retailer offered warranty is useless and asked me to get the apple care. Since I was within the 15 days of purchase period, I was able to cancel the extended warranty/insurance and get a refund. I checked in Apple website and I saw Croma listed as authorised resellers and only few branches in Bangalore were listed. Hence while cancelleing my extended warranty, I asked them about the apple care plan and they said they can get it from other Croma stores and thats how I purchased it. I will be collecting the apple care plan box today from the Sarjapur Road, Total mall store. Will let you know how it goes. I wasn't offered the apple care plan initially.

Hope this helps!
Old 23rd December 2015, 09:24   #8441
BHPian

Apple care protection plan does not cover accidental damage. Only hardware defects are covered.
Old 23rd December 2015, 09:39   #8442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Apple care protection plan does not cover accidental damage.
This is only in India right? The US plan covers any damage, if I am not mistaken.
Old 23rd December 2015, 09:40   #8443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Apple care protection plan does not cover accidental damage. Only hardware defects are covered.

I'm not sure about India but in most of the world Apple care is indeed about Hardware defects and Technical Phone support.

Also, bear in mind Apple care will apply only to the country where you bought the device. So for instance if you travel to the USA and buy an iPhone and Apple care to bring it back to India the USA Apple care is only valid for the USA and won't be honoured in India!

Other than that I found Apple care on my MacBook and iPads very useful for their outstanding technical support. Also, my MacBook developed a hardware problem which meant replacing the motherboard. Which is nearly as expensive as the whole laptop. All fixed FOC under AppleCare. My experience with AppleCare is limited to the USA.

Jeroen
Old 23rd December 2015, 10:35   #8444
Distinguished - BHPian

APP is internationally covered except for iPhones is what i understand.

I've got my MB Air motherboard replaced here in India (bought from Hong Kong)
Old 23rd December 2015, 10:43   #8445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
This is only in India right? The US plan covers any damage, if I am not mistaken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
I'm not sure about India but in most of the world Apple care is indeed about Hardware defects and Technical Phone support.

Also, bear in mind Apple care will apply only to the country where you bought the device. So for instance if you travel to the USA and buy an iPhone and Apple care to bring it back to India the USA Apple care is only valid for the USA and won't be honoured in India!

Other than that I found Apple care on my MacBook and iPads very useful for their outstanding technical support. Also, my MacBook developed a hardware problem which meant replacing the motherboard. Which is nearly as expensive as the whole laptop. All fixed FOC under AppleCare. My experience with AppleCare is limited to the USA.

Jeroen
You are correct! I just checked with apple support. Its just 1yr extended warranty and support. :( I wish it had covered physical damages like in USA.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks