Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2019, 16:10   #11761
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

I went with the White one. Looks pretty good. Mine is the 128 GB variant. Overall I am quite happy with the phone. Does 95% of what the XS would have done at 50% of the price.
Old 17th May 2019, 18:12   #11762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I went with the White one. Looks pretty good. Mine is the 128 GB variant. Overall I am quite happy with the phone. Does 95% of what the XS would have done at 50% of the price.
Trust me, the Xs holds its fort for the price
Old 17th May 2019, 22:39   #11763
BHPian

I use an Airtel SIM for office/Bank and Jio (Prepaid) for personal use. Is it wise to use the Airtel in eSIM or vice-versa? Is there is pros an cons between the esim and regular SIM?I mean from connectivity, ease of use etc. My work would depend on Airtel
Old 18th May 2019, 01:15   #11764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
I use an Airtel SIM for office/Bank and Jio (Prepaid) for personal use. Is it wise to use the Airtel in eSIM or vice-versa? Is there is pros an cons between the esim and regular SIM?I mean from connectivity, ease of use etc. My work would depend on Airtel
I’ve been using a Jio eSIM and an Airtel physical SIM on my iPhone Xs Max for the past two months and it’s been working flawlessly, just as any regular dual-SIM device would work.
My brother is using the opposite setup, i.e - Airtel eSIM & Jio physical SIM, and he hasn’t faced any problems either.
Old 18th May 2019, 07:07   #11765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
I’ve been using a Jio eSIM and an Airtel physical SIM on my iPhone Xs Max for the past two months and it’s been working flawlessly, just as any regular dual-SIM device would work.
My brother is using the opposite setup, i.e - Airtel eSIM & Jio physical SIM, and he hasn’t faced any problems either.
Thanks. How easy or hard is it to revert back to regular SIM from eSIM? Anyone tried? Hope Jio prepaid offers eSIM, since mine is a prepaid number
Old 18th May 2019, 11:03   #11766
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. How easy or hard is it to revert back to regular SIM from eSIM? Anyone tried? Hope Jio prepaid offers eSIM, since mine is a prepaid number
eSIM is treated as any other SIM in telco's system. You need to apply for a SIM reissue if you wish to change back to a physical SIM from eSIM.
Old 18th May 2019, 11:18   #11767
BHPian

What I would suggest is, use your mandatory sim, the one that you would take out on International Roaming, as your e-sim. The removable slot can be used to use a physical sim, incase you travel abroad and want to use a local sim.
Old 18th May 2019, 11:45   #11768
BHPian

Quote:
I don’t know anything about reverting back to a regular SIM from an eSIM, as I haven’t tried it yet.
As far as Jio is concerned, they do offer an eSIM for prepaid, as well as postpaid customers.
Old 20th May 2019, 07:35   #11769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
What I would suggest is, use your mandatory sim, the one that you would take out on International Roaming, as your e-sim. The removable slot can be used to use a physical sim, incase you travel abroad and want to use a local sim.
Only issue in using the primary one as eSIM is if the phone stops working or screen breaks, I will be stuck for 1-2 days without getting important calls or not be able to do any transaction at banks etc. till i get an alternate physical SIM from Service Provider
Old 20th May 2019, 08:34   #11770
Senior - BHPian

Just to add to the whole E-Sim discussion, I have been using a Jio E-sim as my personal connection for the last 7 months now. I also had an office Jio sim as the physical sim. Recently, I changed jobs, so had to let go off the physical sim and had only the E-sim as my only connection for about 2 weeks. In these 2 weeks where I had only the E-sim, I experienced some lag in connectivity, my location was showing in an older location in many instances. I had to switch off and switch on to get this right. Could be a coincidence that I had poor network connectivity, but during this time my other apps which depend on data worked seamlessly. Only location based apps such as find my iPhone, google maps and Ola had such issues.
But it did get resolved post a few days. And I have now got a physical Airtel sim too.
Old 20th May 2019, 13:04   #11771
Senior - BHPian

I was getting pretty annoyed with the battery life of my iPhone 8s 18xx mAh battery. Finally bit the bullet and bought a USB-C to lightning wire and used it with my pixelbook adapter.

Boy oh boy! The fast charging speeds are incredible. I think it's stupid of apple not to highlight that fast charging is a feature built into iPhone 8 and later models. Most people would appreciate that over wireless charging.
Old 22nd May 2019, 08:40   #11772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
I was getting pretty annoyed with the battery life of my iPhone 8s 18xx mAh battery. Finally bit the bullet and bought a USB-C to lightning wire and used it with my pixelbook adapter.

Boy oh boy! The fast charging speeds are incredible. I think it's stupid of apple not to highlight that fast charging is a feature built into iPhone 8 and later models. Most people would appreciate that over wireless charging.
I agree. I am using the regular USB to Lightning cable and my Anker 18W POwerbank to charge and it fills up the XR so fast. I didn't even bother to take out the 5W charger from the box
Old 22nd May 2019, 10:27   #11773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree. I am using the regular USB to Lightning cable and my Anker 18W POwerbank to charge and it fills up the XR so fast. I didn't even bother to take out the 5W charger from the box

Hi. Can you post links of the above mentioned items?
Old 22nd May 2019, 10:49   #11774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post

Fast charging is actually harmful for the battery and therefore I only use my iPad's charger to charge my iPhone XS when I do not have time. For the rest of the time, I put my iPhone XS on the wireless charger before I go to sleep. The wireless charger is connected to the 5W iPhone charger and takes a good 4-5 hours but then again, do I care when I am sleeping?
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:08   #11775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Fast charging is actually harmful for the battery ...
If you look at it that way, battery charging is harmful for battery health. iPhone 8 and newer are designed for fast charging, so I expect the usual number of working cycles with no significant degradation in battery life.

Experts correct me if I'm wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks