Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2014, 22:09   #1996
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Hi Guys. Does lumia 730 have file manager app available. can i copy documents in folders directly like in android phones. I had initial series of windows phones and it was not available.
Aman, where did you pick it up for 13700/-
Old 27th November 2014, 00:20   #1997
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Hi Guys. Does lumia 730 have file manager app available. can i copy documents in folders directly like in android phones. I had initial series of windows phones and it was not available.
There is a file manager provided along with the OS. Its exact capabilities are not known to me however I shall surely check with my dad's phone.

By the way, these days I am impressed with Cortana and the speed and accuracy of it. I guess it has learnt my accent and though the language settings are US English, it has been giving awesome responses. I tried Siri on my friends 5S, but it was quite demanding, especially with accent and speed of talking. With my phone, I used to talk to Cortana slowly but now I speak to it like any other conversation. Given Cortana is still fresh, I can expect more, I believe.

Have surprised a few people by asking Cortana to sing
Old 27th November 2014, 04:34   #1998
BANNED

Quote:
Yeah, 8.1 has a File Manager from Microsoft. It's called Files.
Old 27th November 2014, 06:45   #1999
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info, both of you, so will get one 730 today.
Old 27th November 2014, 06:48   #2000
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it can be done using the inbuilt app called files. I picked it up from a shop in prime mall, irla. Bargain a bit and they will reduce the price. The price was ₹13700 at Alfa too but without the screen guard.

P.S. Repeating it again. Don't buy the orange and green colour. Too loud.

Cheers
amansanc
Old 27th November 2014, 06:59   #2001
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Aman, Had to visit alfa anyways, so will try it out . Are the back panels replaceable. I use the phone without additional covers on it, so will have to replace it when damaged.
I hope it should not have issue in Samsung MicroSDXC 64 GB Class 10 Evo
Old 27th November 2014, 07:15   #2002
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Aman, Had to visit alfa anyways, so will try it out . Are the back panels replaceable. I use the phone without additional covers on it, so will have to replace it when damaged.
I hope it should not have issue in Samsung MicroSDXC 64 GB Class 10 Evo
Yes the back panel is replaceable. Would be available in the market. Battery is removable too. No issues with a 64 GB card either. Supports upto 128 GB. If you want to have a look at a live piece, go to this big shop in Prime mall called Magnet mall or something like that.
Old 27th November 2014, 08:25   #2003
Senior - BHPian

Any idea if the wireless charge panel for 730 is available in market, if so how much?
Old 27th November 2014, 16:29   #2004
BHPian

I have been a Windows Phone user since 2003. Started with Windows Smart Phone 2003 OS on Krome handset and then moved to HTC Touch with Windows Phone 6.0. and then to HTC 8X with Windows Phone 7.0.

However recently I bought a Lumia 630 for my wife and I too picked a Lumia 530 as an interim and intended to buy the Lumia 830 or 930. Looked at 730 and 830, but was disappointed with the quality of fit and finish apart from the shabby colors.

Sadly the experience on 630 and 530 have been both dismal and frustrating. I understand the difference in functionality and features especially after experiencing HTC 8X. However the concern is more on quality and reliability.

The Lumia 630 does not ring many a times while the caller would have called multiple times. Initially thought this could be a network issue, but now I feel this to be more of a handset issue.

The SIM connectors on Lumia 530 broke within 2 weeks with just few operations making the dual sim a single sim handset.

I am seriously planning to move to Android or Cynogenmod with OnePlus One or Redmi Note.
Old 27th November 2014, 16:57   #2005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardus View Post
Sadly the experience on 630 and 530 have been both dismal and frustrating.
In my experience a quality smart phone costs atleast Rs 12,000. Anything below is a compromise on features or quality.

PS: I own Xolo Win Q900s, which costed me Rs 9000. Its wifi reception is poor.
Old 27th November 2014, 16:59   #2006
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardus View Post
The Lumia 630 does not ring many a times while the caller would have called multiple times. Initially thought this could be a network issue, but now I feel this to be more of a handset issue.
Are you on Vodafone by any chance? I'm facing this issue the last few weeks (callers are told my phone is switched off, or not reachable, or just receive a 'hunting' tone; whereas I get 'call dropped' or 'call ended' when trying to make outgoing calls).
Old 27th November 2014, 17:04   #2007
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Are you on Vodafone by any chance? I'm facing this issue the last few weeks (callers are told my phone is switched off, or not reachable, or just receive a 'hunting' tone; whereas I get 'call dropped' or 'call ended' when trying to make outgoing calls).
Damn it! Looks like the Panasonic customer support wasn’t joking when they said my phone was switched off. I am on Vodafone as well. Is this an issue specific to Vodafone or Lumia devices or both?

Using a Lumia 920 btw.
Old 27th November 2014, 20:05   #2008
Senior - BHPian

Got a dark grey 730. so far its good, but it does not have wireless charging points as posted by Microsoft, so bit disappointed. Cant use my wireless charger with it.
Old 27th November 2014, 22:05   #2009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I am on Vodafone, but my wife is on Airtel. Whenever others call her number she doesn't even get to hear the ringer she gets any missed call record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Damn it! Looks like the Panasonic customer support wasn’t joking when they said my phone was switched off. I am on Vodafone as well. Is this an issue specific to Vodafone or Lumia devices or both?

Using a Lumia 920 btw.
Looks like a combination of both.
Old 28th November 2014, 07:48   #2010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post

Why not 730?? On the most basic note 625 is SINGLE SIM whereas 630, though being cheaper, is DUAL SIM. Suggest use GSMARENA to compare tech specs of phones. However for your dad, 730 should be ideal, It is the latest model & comes with latest windows verison (8.1). IMO It also looks more manly then 625/630 (which have round corners and are wider)

Heck I sound like salesman for 730.

Raab rakha.
Thank you !.
I finally got the 630, from Amazon. Phone+ Cover + Screen guard - all came to less than 9 K.

Real issue of not buying the 730 - so, my father will get irked about me spending so much on something that he feels is a real waste of vital Vitamin M. Now, I don't have the wherewithal to give him a real convincing answer to some of his logic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks