Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2016, 22:10   #23071
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Hi Friends,

I need to buy a good 4G Mobile with good Front and Rear Camera for my daughter for her birthday gift.

Budget is less than 10K.

Should have removable battery. Suggest me some models.
Given the battery hog it is, do you *really* need 4G?

If you can give that up, then the Mi4 is an outstanding buy. You get in 12-13k after discounts every now and then.
Old 22nd March 2016, 22:32   #23072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I have not lost any data after upgrading to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The major difference that I found was, earlier Facebook app could not be uninstalled. Now, it could be. I immediately uninstalled Facebook. Now, the available RAM has increased appreciably.
Thank for the input j.Ravi. I too have taken the plunge this evening and have upgraded after reassurance from fellow bhpian 'speed demon'.

Also thank for the fb heads-up. I'll too go and uninstall. I didn't notice that yet. Anyway I have stopped using fb app since about a year now and use a chrome bookmark shortcut. I'm finding fb very nosy these days. And I'm shunning apps which unnecessarily hog battery and ram. More peace of mind.

OK, the things I've noticed since upgrading a couple of hours ago is;
Snappier performance, better scrolling config, auto-brightness behaves much better, surplus RAM has increased from about 700mb earlier to 1200mb+, great yet subtle changes to the whole look. Also noticed some tweaks to themes, gallery settings, etc.

All in all, my Killer Note has become more Killer
Old 22nd March 2016, 22:43   #23073
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody know if the Redmi Note 3 (3 GB RAM version) will EVER come in a color other than gold?

Is it worth waiting for a non-golden color for the higher version?

Last edited by thoma : 22nd March 2016 at 22:48.
Old 23rd March 2016, 00:24   #23074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Does anybody know if the Redmi Note 3 (3 GB RAM version) will EVER come in a color other than gold?

Logically it should come in all colours but going by the extreme gimmicks these budget phone guys are pulling off these days, you could never tell.

Personally I fail to understand what's all the fuss about. The way they act would put even Apple to shame. Boy oh boy, the guys at Cupertino should really be amused by these new age Chinese antics I tell you. They may be having good entertainment.

On a serious note, this fiasco is getting a little bit more than annoying, of late. And then some.
Old 23rd March 2016, 09:07   #23075
Distinguished - BHPian

Another reason for non-replaceable battery is the advent of non-standard battery shapes. Read on a tech blog that the battery is made of the shape that utilizes the most available real estate space of the phone instead of the standard rectangle shape. Helps in increasing the capacity as well as optimal space utilization
Old 23rd March 2016, 09:48   #23076
BHPian

Quote:

The 3GB version is not available in any color, not even in gold right now (It's showing as out of stock on mi.com while you can register for 2GB version). There seem to have been a few in the first flash sale. Now it's only the 2GB version that's available. I definitely feel it is worth waiting for, especially in my case since i use two sim cards, so i won't have the option of microSD card and 16 GB would be inadequate in that case. Also, i hear that MIUI takes up more RAM than stock android on nexus devices so 3 GB would be nice.

Last edited by JonSnow : 23rd March 2016 at 09:51.
Old 23rd March 2016, 11:25   #23077
BHPian

Does anybody have any info on when Marshmallow would arrive on the Oneplus One? I expected quicker updates when I decided to buy the OPO, but my phone hasn't seen an update in a long time forget Marshmallow.

Not that others are better. My S3 saw the end of updates in about an year, my MI Pad is stuck in Kitkat.

Should commend Apple here, my 3.5 year old ipad3 runs on the latest iOS.

Maybe I should go for a Nexus as my next phone.
Old 23rd March 2016, 11:32   #23078
BHPian

My Nexus 7 2012 tablet cannot connect to my Windows 10 laptop; keeps giving the USB device not recognized error. All typical hacks like deleting & updating drivers etc have failed.

The iPhone 4 I had bought in late 2011 worked flawlessly until Sept 2015, when it died.

Price is the only reason anyone should prefer an Android over an iOS device.
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:09   #23079
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
My Nexus 7 2012 tablet cannot connect to my Windows 10 laptop; keeps giving the USB device not recognized error. All typical hacks like deleting & updating drivers etc have failed.
Try this, from another forum.

On the tablet's 'Settings' page, under the 'Device' group, click "Storage." On the next screen click the 3 little dots in the upper right corner & tap on "USB computer connection." Check the box for "Media device (MTP)."

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Price is the only reason anyone should prefer an Android over an iOS device.
Loaded, that is. Anyway.......
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:33   #23080
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
The 3GB version is not available in any color, not even in gold right now (It's showing as out of stock on mi.com while you can register for 2GB version). There seem to have been a few in the first flash sale. Now it's only the 2GB version that's available. I definitely feel it is worth waiting for ...
You might wait forever, like the wait for the 32Gb-storage m4i: apparently there were a few, but they didn't work.
Old 23rd March 2016, 14:50   #23081
Senior - BHPian

Is the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 sold by Cloudtail in Amazon? Is this the authorized seller?
Old 23rd March 2016, 15:25   #23082
BHPian

I was also wanting to buy the Redmi Note 3 some days back, but given the antics that these guys were playing, couldn't get one so went and got myself a K3Note and am mighty happy with it. What with the snappy performance and dedicated card slot, this on is a killer. Upgraded to Marshmallow and things are even smoother. Thoma, my man, think again. And if possible you can also spend about 2k more and go for Vibe P1. It has all the features of the said Redmi plus a huge battery too. What say...
Old 23rd March 2016, 15:38   #23083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 sold by Cloudtail in Amazon? Is this the authorized seller?
Yes, Amazon is authorized seller. Ordered one today in Grey for my son as it is one of the very few phones that also works with CDMA sim of Reliance. Only 2 GB / 16 GB version available as of now and should be sufficient as the newer miui versions use lesser ram.
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:32   #23084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
And if possible you can also spend about 2k more and go for Vibe P1. It has all the features of the said Redmi plus a huge battery too. What say...
Oh you are tempting me but it's half the price more yet with 2GB RAM. If Redmi Note 3 RAM management is better as dkaile mentioned, I think I will wait another flash sale. Coming from a meager Redmi 1s, I can't ditch the MIUI.
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:50   #23085
Team-BHP Support

Guys check the Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus launched today on Flipkart. It looks to be a very decent phone for those who don't want the bulky 5.5". Specs:

- 5.0" 1080P display
- Snapdragon 616 Octa core. This is a slight updated processor vs the 615 in the much more expensive Moto X play and Moto G Turbo.
- Metal body
- 2GB DDR3 RAM
- User replaceable battery!

All that for Rs.8,499. Sounds really decent for a phone of that specs. Most importantly it's size is perfect at 5.0".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks