Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2019, 01:55   #29236
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
As a standalone device, it is good - however when you compare it to the Pro it falls flat.
You are comparing two completely different phones.

The 7T is an upgrade for the 7. And it is an upgrade in every sense of the word. Infact this has been the biggest T upgrade for OP. Also, I know enough people that prefer a flat screen to a curved one. So it comes down to personal choice.

The upcoming 7pro T is an update for the 7 Pro.
Old 8th October 2019, 21:29   #29237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Isn't 7t an upgrade from 7 and not from 7 Pro ? Even the pricing is lower than 7 Pro. There is an upcoming 7t Pro which would be an upgrade to 7 Pro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
You are comparing two completely different phones.

The upcoming 7pro T is an update for the 7 Pro.
I agree. However when you put out a phone like the 7 Pro and then bring a new phone as an upgrade to the 2nd rung phone, it looks kind a iffy. Maybe I am being too picky. I will look forward to the 7pro T.. the naming already sounds complicated
Old 9th October 2019, 10:42   #29238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I agree. However when you put out a phone like the 7 Pro and then bring a new phone as an upgrade to the 2nd rung phone, it looks kind a iffy. Maybe I am being too picky. I will look forward to the 7pro T.. the naming already sounds complicated
I find it pretty straight forward. Earlier you had a OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 pro. The latter was a "pro" version.

Now they have launched a 7T which is better than the 7, but still not a "pro". The 7T pro is on the way and would be better than the 7 pro.

So where is the confusion?

I other news OnePlus seems to have botched up the Andriod 10 upgrade and the roll-out has been put on hold. They might restart at the end of the month with hot fixes included - probably a 10.0.1. That's a shame, OnePlus!
Old 9th October 2019, 14:49   #29239
Senior - BHPian

I've avoided getting the Android 9 update on my OP3 because of the bad reviews and it seems like a good decision with how the Lolipop update screwed up my beloved Nexus 4 and cut down its life.

I still get a daily notification that the update is available but I can seem to turn it off. Is there a way to do so ?
Old 9th October 2019, 16:05   #29240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I've avoided getting the Android 9 update on my OP3 because of the bad reviews and it seems like a good decision with how the Lolipop update screwed up my beloved Nexus 4 and cut down its life.

I still get a daily notification that the update is available but I can seem to turn it off. Is there a way to do so ?
I am on 3t and updated to 9 on the day it arrived. Haven't faced any issues. Anything specific you read about?
Old 9th October 2019, 18:38   #29241
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
It had about 67% charge left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
battery is still at 76%
Ditto. Love the long lasting battery and the beautiful amoled display.

Did face an issue today when I had gmaps on today. The GPS would lock but then it wouldn't track. I wasn't on gmaps driving mode, was just tracking traffic but my location wouldn't update even if i moved a couple of kms. I had to close the app and open again for location to update. Can you guys check and let me know if you are having similar issues?
Old 9th October 2019, 18:55   #29242
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Can you guys check and let me know if you are having similar issues?
Yet to try out Google Maps properly as the new magnetic phone holder I ordered for the phone has not arrived.

Will update in a couple of days.
Old 9th October 2019, 18:58   #29243
BHPian

Quote:

Did face an issue today when I had gmaps on today. The GPS would lock but then it wouldn't track. I wasn't on gmaps driving mode, was just tracking traffic but my location wouldn't update even if i moved a couple of kms. I had to close the app and open again for location to update. Can you guys check and let me know if you are having similar issues?
I am facing somewhat similar issue on Samsung A50, that too quite a few times in the last 15 days and guess before that it was fine.

Even when I am on Gmaps navigation mode, if I switch off the screen the navigation gets stuck and says no GPS signal after some time. When I switch on the screen, I need to again start the navigation. This is becoming a pain.

I checked my battery usage mode and it's in Optimised mode, which allows internet usage when screen is off.

KK

Edit - Checked again to be doubly sure and turned out GMaps app was in the list of Sleeping Apps under Battery setting, have changed it now to run in background also, should solve the problem. I will update once I use it today.

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 9th October 2019 at 19:03.
Old 9th October 2019, 23:05   #29244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
@vsrivatsa - I am currently out of the country and phone is lying there untouched. On top of it price is coming down to 25K and with the discount it can be bought for 23K tomorrow. It hurts really bad as I lost 4K even before opening the box
I asked my colleague to open the redmi k20 pro box to check it. Screen went kaput within few minutes after switching it on. It is at Mi service center waiting for screen replacement
Old 10th October 2019, 08:28   #29245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
GMaps app was in the list of Sleeping Apps under Battery setting
Thanks for that info. Checked and Gmaps wasnt in the sleeping apps list. Tried out driving mode today and it works fine. Hence I think its a settings issue, need to figure out what to toggle to get it to work.

Probable solution: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...us/td-p/534610
Checked and Gmaps was in the optimized list. Have toggled settings. Will update once I drive home today.

Last edited by procrj : 10th October 2019 at 08:42.
Old 10th October 2019, 12:02   #29246
Oxy
BHPian

Need a phone for the better half. I would have taken the plunge with the Samsung M30S but it's weight as a result of that 6000 mah battery is a concern. Other than that it seems great value for money.

How hard is the phone for women to use? My wife finds my Oppo Reno 10x zoom to be quite heavy and difficult to handle.

Currently she has a Honor 8 Pro.

Last edited by Oxy : 10th October 2019 at 12:04.
Old 10th October 2019, 12:13   #29247
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that info. Checked and Gmaps wasnt in the sleeping apps list. Tried out driving mode today and it works fine. Hence I think its a settings issue, need to figure out what to toggle to get it to work.

Probable solution: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...us/td-p/534610
Checked and Gmaps was in the optimized list. Have toggled settings. Will update once I drive home today.
My issue of Gmaps not working when screen is off got solved by removing GMaps app out of the sleeping apps. It works perfectly fine now.

KK
Old 10th October 2019, 13:51   #29248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
I am on 3t and updated to 9 on the day it arrived. Haven't faced any issues. Anything specific you read about?
Heating, lag, poor battery life, network or connectivity Issues, etc. Basically problems with core functionality so I'm avoiding it. 3 years down my OP3 is working fine. I want to stretch it for another year and get the OP8 or whatever which will hopefully be a 5g phone. Since I keep my phone's for 2-3 years atleast during which time 5g will start to roll out, I don't want to be stuck with a 4g phone and have to upgrade mid way.
Old 10th October 2019, 15:57   #29249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I would have taken the plunge with the Samsung M30S but it's weight as a result of that 6000 mah battery is a concern.
Its not heavy at all, infact its so light I regularly check my pockets to see if the phone is still there.
I found the M30s total VFM. The battery lasts for 2 day without charging with moderate to heavy use. The screen is way good since I was coming from a Chinese phone Le Eco2. The only thing I am getting used to is unavailability of the return button, which is now a simple swipe.
Old 10th October 2019, 16:44   #29250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Heating, lag, poor battery life, network or connectivity Issues, etc.
Tough luck. not having any such issues. performance has dropped a bit though.

Quote:
3 years down my OP3 is working fine.
rock solid so far. i am forcing myself an upgrade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks