Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2013, 20:49   #3106
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
...Two in my circle have taken delivery of 2012 VD in the third week of Jan and have got a discount of Rs.80.000/- each. They do not have GDSP or VD now, but they do have a 2012 VXD and offering 55k discount on that...
If the VX-D is available with the same dealer, I do NOT find a reason why they cannot provide you atleast the same 80K discount. Probably they just need a push. Try that if you are interested. Or you could take the help of your 2 friends who bought the V-Ds & connect to the same SA or so.

For a 30K extra, if you can pick up VX-D, I believe that will be a better deal, my personal opinion though.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 13:36   #3107
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Is this available at the dealerships yet? When i'd checked with Hallmark Honda at Thane during my civic's 40k servicing in Dec 2012, the SA mentioned that they hadn't yet been trained on the City CNG kits.
As far as I know it is available. My friend had inquired with two dealers and he got a positive response. Trying to figure out the current discounts on the scheme before plonking the cash.
Old 6th February 2013, 14:41   #3108

I went aiming for honda civic S-MT just to be disspointed away by No Stock at dealer and company level.

We now plan to go for Honda City V-AT . The dealer is offering around 65k which includes 38k insurance. Is there more that i can haggle with.

I want to get a 2 DIN mapmyindia unit installed as well which dealer is stating as 43k.

I am planning to exchange my 2007 January honda city ZX black which has run for 83k. what is the best i can get in exchange value ? single owner and well maintained.

and can i squeeze in more for 2012 model? does it make sense to get 2012 model?

what freebies can i get..

I know i am being greedy, but i am getting a petrol sedan in 11+ bracket , so every rupee counts.
Old 6th February 2013, 22:11   #3109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haripi2 View Post
I went aiming for honda civic S-MT just to be disspointed away by No Stock at dealer and company level.

We now plan to go for Honda City V-AT . The dealer is offering around 65k which includes 38k insurance. Is there more that i can haggle with.

I want to get a 2 DIN mapmyindia unit installed as well which dealer is stating as 43k.

I am planning to exchange my 2007 January honda city ZX black which has run for 83k. what is the best i can get in exchange value ? single owner and well maintained.

I know i am being greedy, but i am getting a petrol sedan in 11+ bracket , so every rupee counts.
Remember civic is discontinued and city gets 10+ models as facelift per year. Think through before you accept a 2012 model unless you get a stealer deal.

Cheers!
Old 7th February 2013, 09:32   #3110
BHPian

Fellow Bhpians, any discounts going on Honda Brio? Planning to trade in our zen estilo for the Brio. Also are there any 2012 manufactured cars left?
D4d-maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 13:08   #3111
Senior - BHPian

I unfortunately do not remember the specifics now , but i got a call exactly 2 weeks ago from a Honda dealer and he informed me that he could offer me a 150,000 (or around that figure) discount , flat cash , on the Civic. I had enquired about the 1.8V MT. Not sure if it was related to the model or the discount was offered irrespective of which model i bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haripi2 View Post

Old 7th February 2013, 13:37   #3112

I am planning to buy a Honda City V AT in Bangalore through my employer (company lease). The dealer (Whitefield Honda) was trying to sell the City S AT in December and I even paid the booking amount. But due to procedural delays in getting the purchase order from my company, it got postponed to January. Though the dealership initially said that they will honor the December price in January, within two days they called and said they cannot honor that price. Probably they found a different buyer for the City S AT that they had blocked for me.

After the price increase in January, I got quotes from other dealers too. When I showed the better price offered by the competitor, they initially tried to say that it is because of the leasing company mentioned int he proforma invoice. I managed to get the same quote from the competitor without the leasing company name. Now, Whitefield Honda did not have an option but to honor that price or lose my business. Following is the deal now. Please give me your inputs. I was planning on getting a Caska navigation system with map my india maps (original quote Rs. 55000).

Ex Showroom Price 9,98,276
Road tax + handling charges 1,63,632
Extended Warranty, RSA 11,750 (Employer won’t pay for it)
Essential Kit 3,000 (Employer won’t pay for it)
Caska System 46,500 (Employer won’t pay for it –
after some discount explained later)

Total 12,23,158

Cash Discount 37,000 (Loyalty discount)

Net 11,86,158

Freebies (prices indicated is as per dealer’s claim):
1) Insurance worth Rs. 25000 - This is useless for me as I have to get insurance through my company. Dealer is not ready to replace this with a cash discount even after lot of bargaining. They were ready to give discount in lieu of insurance in December. But now they are not ready. This not really a discount for me.
2) Under chassis treatment – Rs. 5000
3) Reverse parking sensors – Rs. 8500
4) Teflon polish (not recommend as per what I read in team-bhp posts). The dealer said this is around Rs. 5500. I asked them for a cash discount instead of the Teflon coat. But they said no to it. I guess it is really NOT worth Rs. 5500
5) Side beeding – Rs. 3500
6) Leather document holder – Rs. 1800
7) Other things are - Rubber mats, Car cover, Air freshner (no use as my wife is sensitive to it), PU seat covers

Since Caska included reverse camera, I asked them to give some discount on it instead of item 2 above. They said they will give Caska system for Rs. 46500). I have asked for more discount on Caska in lieu of insurance discount.

Is this a good deal? Should I haggle for more discounts?
Old 7th February 2013, 17:07   #3113
BHPian

How much is the Laura RS costing these days? Heard that there are a lot of discounts on this model. People in Delhi/NCR please let me know in case you are aware of any good deals. Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 19:47   #3114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatsann View Post
Is this a good deal? Should I haggle for more discounts?
Srivatsann, the deal has lots of scope for haggling. Remember somebody buying a petrol AT in this market is a king and holds all the cards.

a) Handling Charges is a no-go. Ask the dealer to waive it off or get cash discount in lieu of it.

b) Extended warranty seems on the higher side. Not sure now, but earlier they used to offer it free

c) Essential kit - what's that?

d) Caska - Is a no go. Its exorbitantly expensive. Get an after market setup done through a good tuner. They will not cut wires during installation so your warranty stays valid. Plus you'll save quite a bit.

e) Under chassis treatment - Unless they do a 3M treatment and give you a valid 5-year warranty on this, skip. Get it done from a genuine 3M shop.

f) Teflon coating is a hogwash. I've seen them polishing the car with Formula One wax and passing it on as teflon coating. Demand a cash discount here

g) Door / bumper protector - You'll get them at half the cost in the market. Don't go in for it from the dealer

h) Leather document holder - You mean the one in which car papers are stored?

I'd be damned and twice - Gosh!! since when are we supposed to pay for it.

i) Haggle for a car cover, pillows and matting (including trunk mat) - all of them are available cheaper outside.

Last edited by arup.misra : 7th February 2013 at 19:49.
Old 7th February 2013, 20:15   #3115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Two in my circle have taken delivery of 2012 VD in the third week of Jan and have got a discount of Rs.80.000/- each. They do not have GDSP or VD now, but they do have a 2012 VXD and offering 55k discount on that.

Huge! Compared to what I get for an Oct 2012 Nissan Micra diesel - just 20k; and that too, after the current price hike of 15k! In effect, just 5k.
Old 7th February 2013, 20:57   #3116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post

Huge! Compared to what I get for an Oct 2012 Nissan Micra diesel - just 20k; and that too, after the current price hike of 15k! In effect, just 5k.
Did you take Oct 2012 Micra Delivery in 2013 and got 5k? If so, I think it is very very less, I may be wrong. I do not see any new Micras on road here and think they should be offering much higher discounts even on 2013 models to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If the VX-D is available with the same dealer, I do NOT find a reason why they cannot provide you atleast the same 80K discount. Probably they just need a push. Try that if you are interested. Or you could take the help of your 2 friends who bought the V-Ds & connect to the same SA or so.

For a 30K extra, if you can pick up VX-D, I believe that will be a better deal, my personal opinion though.
I'm sure they would have given with a little effort in bargaining, but somehow I was not at all inclined for VxD and so did not bother. 55k they offered without me starting to bargain. I do not like the OEM ICE of Etios and though the alloys are good I have some aftermarket alloys in mind.

Even then, I wanted to check out the 2012 VxD in their stock yard. They said they can immediately arrange and finally arranged it next day. Initially they said it was at their stock yard and finally they said they brought it to showroom to show to me, . The odo read 12.9km and my GPS showed 13km from their stock yard to showroom. Fishy?

Finally booked a GDSP with another dealer after checking out at their stock yard. Dealt for a Sony XAV-63(6.1 inch touchscreen double din DVD receiver) and reverse cam.
asdfvinay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 21:14   #3117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you take Oct 2012 Micra Delivery in 2013 and got 5k? If so, I think it is very very less, I may be wrong. I do not see any new Micras on road here and think they should be offering much higher discounts even on 2013 models to sell.
Will be taking soon. 5k is the net effect, when considering the recent price hike. Otherwise, officially 20k is the offer for a 2012 car over a 2013. Nothing much can be done as there is not much dead stock at the dealers for the Micra. And I don't care taking an Oct 2012 vehicle, if it is evident that it is not abused and when there are no changes in specifications for the new model. This one has landed at the dealership just 10 days back.

I am guessing that Nissan is more happy with exports rather than the local customer. After much haggling, the dealership, from their part, agreed to offer some peanuts - mat and flap costing 2k in total!
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 22:06   #3118

Thanks for your inputs Arup. All the things from (e) to (i) in your post are Free. The numbers I mentioned are the value that the dealer claims. I don't have to pay for it. Sorry if it was not clear.

Essential kit is optional. If I remember correctly it has safety triangle, first aid kit, puncture kit and probably car cover.

Handling Charges/Incidental expense is about Rs. 8500/-. I will check if they can waive it or give a discount.

I checked with multiple honda dealers. All of them quote 11750 for Extended Warranty. I already asked them to give this for free but they were non-committal.

Based on my internet search, I could not find a good replacement for Caska that suits Honda City which includes a reverse camera, GPS and DVD. If BHP-ians have any recommendation for Caska replacement based on their experience, it will be helpful. Of course, any shops in Bangalore that can do the fitting without voiding warranty, it will also be helpful.
Old 8th February 2013, 11:27   #3119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatsann View Post
Thanks for your inputs Arup. All the things from (e) to (i) in your post are Free. The numbers I mentioned are the value that the dealer claims. I don't have to pay for it. Sorry if it was not clear.
Thanks for clarifying but what I meant was

a) Under chassis treatment - don't get it done by the dealer even if it is free. Ask cash discount instead. Use this to get it done at 3M

b) Teflon - again ask cash discount

c) Door / bumper protector - if getting free from dealer go ahead

d) Leather document holder - that has to be free by Honda. Dealer can't claim value of it and say its being offered free. Its like saying you'll get your RTO card but you pay for the courier charges!!!

Quote:
Essential kit is optional. If I remember correctly it has safety triangle, first aid kit, puncture kit and probably car cover.
That is something new I guess. Shouldn't safety triangle, safety kit be mandatory as part of standard accessory?

Quote:
Of course, any shops in Bangalore that can do the fitting without voiding warranty, it will also be helpful.
Check here..http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 15:04   #3120

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post

a) Under chassis treatment - don't get it done by the dealer even if it is free. Ask cash discount instead. Use this to get it done at 3M

b) Teflon - again ask cash discount
I tried asking for cash discount for both but the dealer is not budging. Thanks for EVO's contact.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks