Old 28th February 2013, 00:02   #3196

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Originally Posted by supersom View Post
WOW! How did you manage that? I checked the other boxes too but seems like there will be a pre-payment charge. Any pointers?
I have been with HDFC bank for close to 13 years now, with my savings account (salary account), my credit card is HDFC bank, my FD/RD is all with them. My demat is with them. I had taken a personal loan earlier ( pre-closed ) and an auto loan ( completed the loan term). When they called me on this new loan, i managed to pull it off basis the long relations i have with them.

BTW, i applied online on their website yesterday at 11 AM, they called back for confirmation at 11.15 AM, they sent one of their persons to collect documents at 2 and i got an SMS confirmation about my loan approval at 5 PM. They absolutely got me WOWed this time around.
jkrishnakj is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 01:30   #3197

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I have been with HDFC bank for close to 13 years now, with my savings account (salary account), my credit card is HDFC bank, my FD/RD is all with them. My demat is with them. I had taken a personal loan earlier ( pre-closed ) and an auto loan ( completed the loan term). When they called me on this new loan, i managed to pull it off basis the long relations i have with them.

BTW, i applied online on their website yesterday at 11 AM, they called back for confirmation at 11.15 AM, they sent one of their persons to collect documents at 2 and i got an SMS confirmation about my loan approval at 5 PM. They absolutely got me WOWed this time around.
Awesome! My loan application experience has pretty much been the same - sanctioned in 1 day; another day to disburse. This is with a pre-approval, of course. Hopefully, the money will ring at the dealer's by tomorrow.

Though I am sure your longer relationship has gotten you a better deal (I have been with them for just 4 years now), it could also have something to do with your choice of manufacturer. I was told that Maruti, Hyundai, Honda and Toyota have tie-ups with HDFC whereby the manufacturer pays off the 3% pre-payment penalty post 2 years. Being a Tata customer, in spite of wrestling with them the whole day today and considering it is the end of the month, they did not let me get away without the pre-payment penalty clause. The manager told me that there is no way he will be able to get it through the system. The RM iterated the same reason independently. I had told them that I will get the loan from elsewhere, but even that didn't do the trick. Either I was taken for a comfortable ride, or they are not lying for once.
Old 28th February 2013, 12:46   #3198

The union budget has not brought any good news to our automobile industry. Prices of imported cars and bikes are set to increase.

EDIT: Prices of SUVs will also be increasing.

Last edited by dZired : 28th February 2013 at 12:52.
Old 1st March 2013, 12:03   #3199

Just got an SMS from Bimal Maruti, Bangalore.

"Buy the Ritz Petrol and get up to Rs. 40,000 discount - Consumer Offer Rs. 20k and Exchange Bonus 20k. Contact Ashok @ Bimal Maruti"

Hope this helps any potential buyers. Don't forget to negotiate further on the price and/or freebies/accessories.
Old 5th March 2013, 09:27   #3200

Volkswagen Vento unique offer

Yet another tempting and unique offer from Volkswagen on its Vento.

"Drive in with your old car and Rs. 1/- and get tailor made finance options to take home a brand new Vento. Pay the rest a year later, in full or as 36 EMI's"

What could be the tailor made finance options? Earlier it was 50% upfront and a year later the rest or in EMIs.
Old 6th March 2013, 09:23   #3201

Skoda dealer shocking offer "Buy a Skoda Rapid and get a Fabia hatchback free"

A Skoda dealer is promising to give you a Fabia hatchback free if you buy a Rapid sedan. The catch: you will get the hatchback only after five years — in 2018.
Source - http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/18824746.cms
Old 6th March 2013, 16:17   #3202

Any offers on the BMW X1? There is some information that old stock is being cleared at good discounts.
BTW, what is the difference between the old X1 and the new one?
Old 6th March 2013, 17:55   #3203

Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Any offers on the BMW X1? There is some information that old stock is being cleared at good discounts.
A couple of days before the launch of the new X1, i had recieved an SMS from the dealer . The price was 21.00 ex showroom( pretty much the same discounts as last year and only black or white color option) .
The new X1 has more comfortable suspension, lighter steering(servotronic) and minor cosmetic changes.
It has been launched at 27.9 lacs onwards, but because of the new budget the prices are set to rise further.

But ,i can bet that within 6-8 months X1 will be available with a fat discount, at least 3 lacs!!
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 19:03   #3204

Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post

I had an offer of 23 OTR, Panvel registration on February 13, 2013.

Check out this thread for the upgrades.

Hope this helps.

lapsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 19:06   #3205

Originally Posted by S_U_N
I picked up an old lot X1 for 23.5lakhs OTR Navi Mumbai including BMW Secure. the new one goes for 34lakhs OTR for the base version and 38-39lakhs for the top of line model. Would suggest you buy the older one cos the difference in the models is definitely not worth 10odd lakhs.
mohandasnikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 19:56   #3206

Received this via email today… Ford celebration offer from March 7th to 9th.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-ford-celebration.jpg

http://www.indiaford.in/Fordcelebration/
Old 6th March 2013, 20:09   #3207

Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post

I picked up an old lot X1 for 23.5lakhs OTR Navi Mumbai including BMW Secure. the new one goes for 34lakhs OTR for the base version and 38-39lakhs for the top of line model. Would suggest you buy the older one cos the difference in the models is definitely not worth 10odd lakhs.
Excellent deal indeed!
Very affordable these are beginning to look!

Received this via email today… Ford celebration offer from March 7th to 9th.

http://www.indiaford.in/Fordcelebration/
This was in TOI today! Good ish offer it seems!

Last edited by bblost : 6th March 2013 at 23:09. Reason: back 2 back
Old 6th March 2013, 20:39   #3208

Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post

Yes, the older model had excellent discounts , but each has its own about the changes. My family couldnt live with the ride quality and the hard steering of the previous model.
The early reviews of the new model cite these issues have been fixed.
So for someone who has the cash, these minor changes for 8 lakh or so will change the value of the 25 lakh spent !!
Old 7th March 2013, 00:45   #3209

Booked a Dzire VDI. Absolutely no discount and no freebies on offer. Only solace is that I might get the car in 15 days. No amount of bargaining helped, not even basic accessories are being offered for free.
Old 7th March 2013, 01:21   #3210

Received an email from Audi today, pay 5 lacs down payment and 24 lacs for 3 years loan at 0%... Didn't have any other details, so not sure if this is the otr cost or Just the car?

This is for the A4....an offer for 4 days

No details on the model as well.

Last edited by Karan1981 : 7th March 2013 at 01:22.