Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2013, 22:55   #3946
BHPian

Chennai Toyota Fortuner deals

Just now got my Toyota Fortuner 4WD - Super White delivered from Harsha Toyota, Chennai (Registration is kept pending for Friday - 30th August) and the deal is Accescories worth Rs.10k and I was able to add on Rubber floor mats and Mudflaps which could have costed an aditional Rs.2.9k as a part of offer. So the total deal stands as Rs.13k.

Checked this deal with Lanson Toyota and they offer the same, ,my uncle booked and took delivery of Fortuner A/T with the same deal today from them.

Last edited by narchennai : 27th August 2013 at 22:56. Reason: Variant added
Old 27th August 2013, 23:06   #3947
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

What are the discounts on the WagonR currently in Mumbai?

A colleague is looking to buy ASAP and has been offered 45k after much haggling.
Old 27th August 2013, 23:59   #3948
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmo View Post
As per my info, some 2012 cars are available with RMJ Motors. However, as per Fiat website, the current Bhopal Fiat dealers are Sanghi Bros so you could first ask them about this inventory. In case, they deny about availability of this stock, you could directly check with RMJ Motors. Please note that for warranty reasons, you will need to route the transaction through current fiat dealer who will pick the car from the tata dealer on your behalf, service it and supply it to you.
Thanks for the input, will contact RMJ tomorrow itself. You seems to be well connected.
Old 28th August 2013, 05:13   #3949
BHPian

Dear All,

I am getting Linea Dynamic (July 2013 from the VIN) manufactured for a On-Road Chennai of 9.7L + 1Gm Gold coin after adding the Rs:1,00,000 exchange bonus + Corporate discount + some more haggling (This includes Extended warranty +RSA + Zero Dep insurance). I am also getting reasonable (better than I expected) offer for my tractor for exchange after more haggling :-). Since I want to go for my own leather seats and did not like the one being offered, I preferred the Dynamic version since it comes with ABS and Airbags.

Could anyone in Chennai advice on if better deal is possible with the Linea (for Latest manufactured 2013 models) ? Also the insurance given by the dealer is from Future Generralli(was given at Rs:35,000). Can i stick with this insurance provider or would it be better to go with other providers. The Dealer has no issues with me going for other provider.

Fiat has poor reputation but at the current prices the Linea Dynamic/Emotion is just around the cost of Eitos (or) Amaze (or) Ecosport but has much better back seat comfort and hence considering the same. Thanks for any inputs.
Old 28th August 2013, 07:47   #3950
BHPian

I got to test drive the linea mulitjet and sunny on the same day. Sunny was much better for city driving. The linea power delivery was not good in traffic. The price you quoted was similar to what I got from RDS motors. I also heard that they are giving a lac discount on the new ford fiesta with a 2012 chassis. However the car is not from the yard, rather its assembled on request. I have requested for a test drive as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman82 View Post
Dear All,

I am getting Linea Dynamic (July 2013 from the VIN) manufactured for a On-Road Chennai of 9.7L + 1Gm Gold coin after adding the Rs:1,00,000 exchange bonus + Corporate discount + some more haggling (This includes Extended warranty +RSA + Zero Dep insurance). I am also getting reasonable (better than I expected) offer for my tractor for exchange after more haggling :-). Since I want to go for my own leather seats and did not like the one bein
g offered, I preferred the Dynamic version since it comes with ABS and Airbags.

Could anyone in Chennai advice on if better deal is possible with the Linea (for Latest manufactured 2013 models) ? Also the insurance given by the dealer is from Future Generralli(was given at Rs:35,000). Can i stick with this insurance provider or would it be better to go with other providers. The Dealer has no issues with me going for other provider.

Fiat has poor reputation but at the current prices the Linea Dynamic/Emotion is just around the cost of Eitos (or) Amaze (or) Ecosport but has much better back seat comfort and hence considering the same. Thanks for any inputs.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 08:01   #3951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
I got to test drive the linea mulitjet and sunny on the same day. Sunny was much better for city driving. The linea power delivery was not good in traffic. The price you quoted was similar to what I got from RDS motors. I also heard that they are giving a lac discount on the new ford fiesta with a 2012 chassis. However the car is not from the yard, rather its assembled on request. I have requested for a test drive as well.
I got the quote from Ramkey motors. Feista in any discount tends to exceed 10L plus has a tiny backseat (plus I do not want a 2012 car) and Sunny is not a really a drivers car and did not bring the smile to the face. Linea seemed to have the prefect trade off.

I was basically looking between Rapid/Vento/Ecosport and Safari Strome but Linea with the offer(s) tended to trump everything else.

Hence wanted to check if the "Cash Discount of Rs:20,000" which comes with the Punto (i.e. Exchange loyalty of Rs:50,000 + Rs:20,000) was applicable for Linea also (i.e. Rs:1,00,000 + any other Sizable cash offers other than corporate discount) since my dealer said that only the One lakh off + Corporate discount was applicable.

Also you got a quote for Rs:9.7L for the 2013 Dynamic Linea variant from RDC right (i.e. Not Emotion variant)?

Finally any inputs on Insurance and if the Dealers Rs:35,000 quote for Future generalli is fine or should i look at other alternatives.
Old 28th August 2013, 08:24   #3952
nmo
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

I am getting Linea Dynamic (July 2013 from the VIN) manufactured for a On-Road Chennai of 9.7L + 1Gm Gold coin after adding the Rs:1,00,000 exchange bonus + Corporate discount + some more haggling (This includes Extended warranty +RSA + Zero Dep insurance). I am also getting reasonable (better than I expected) offer for my tractor for exchange after more haggling :-). Since I want to go for my own leather seats and did not like the one being offered, I preferred the Dynamic version since it comes with ABS and Airbags.

With the discounts mentioned, the final figure you should be paying should be lower. My cost assumptions and calculation:

Fiat Linea Dynamic 1.3 Rs 9,35,579/- (assumed, source: carwale.com)
RTO Rs 1,01,538/- (source: carwale.com)
Zero Dep Insurance 0/- (Rs 35,000/-, Future Generalli, provided FOC by the dealer as per your post)
RSA 0/- (Rs 3,500/-, provided FOC by the dealer as per your post)
Extended Warranty 0/- (Rs 7,865/-, provided FOC by the dealer as per your post)
Logistics charges Rs 5,000/- (assumed)
Acccessories Rs 5,000/- (assumed)

Total Rs 10,47,117/-

Less Exchange Bonus+ Corp Discount Rs 1,00,000/-

Payable amount = Rs 9,47,117/-

So, why should you be paying Rs 9.7L or have I missed something?

As regards the insurance, you could look at Bharti Axa. Apart from Zero Dep, I took mine with Invoice price cover and other adds-ons like hospital cash cover, RSA, personal accident cover for passengers, ambulance charge cover, medical expenses cover). You can get an online quote and I can provide you contact number of the executive from their Bangalore office who can help you in building the quote / on-line purchase process.
nmo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 08:26   #3953
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Finally any inputs on Insurance and if the Dealers Rs:35,000 quote for Future generalli is fine or should i look at other alternatives.
35k is way too much for the insurance. For my Altis the 0 dep insurance costed me around 32k with Tata AIG and this was there top end plan with all the possible add ons. For the Linea the amount should be more around 26-27k mark. Why don't you take the quote from outside and see?
Old 28th August 2013, 12:44   #3954
BHPian

Quote:
As per my info, some 2012 cars are available with RMJ Motors.
just checked with RMJ, they are out os stock, now checking with other dealers in Madhya Pradesh
Old 28th August 2013, 15:09   #3955
BHPian

Quote:
Please PM me your contact details as I will share them with him and he will try to pass them to someone in Fiat in southern zone so that they can contact you.
Just discovered 1 car with a TATA dealer in Madhya Pradesh, he is offering unbelievable rock bottom price for emotion. Now the question is shall I travel 500 Kms just to check vehicle condition or can I ask local FIAT Dealer to verify and request transfer. Now that I have realized you are well connected , need your expert advice. Any way I can pm you?
Old 28th August 2013, 15:21   #3956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhare View Post

Just discovered 1 car with a TATA dealer in Madhya Pradesh, he is offering unbelievable rock bottom price for emotion. Now the question is shall I travel 500 Kms just to check vehicle condition or can I ask local FIAT Dealer to verify and request transfer. Now that I have realized you are well connected , need your expert advice. Any way I can pm you?
Mind sharing the price, he is offering you?
Old 28th August 2013, 15:29   #3957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Mind sharing the price, he is offering you?
2L discount. My only concern is why so low? Was it a TD vehicle? Dealer says its fresh. A requested a friend of mine to visit dealership today to check, unfortunately he is not into cars so cant tell just by looks. Its not in showroom but in stockyard.
Old 28th August 2013, 15:40   #3958
nmo
BHPian

Quote:
Please ask the Tata dealer if it was a demo car or it was a car just sitting in his warehouse. Please ask for the VIN # and verify its year and month of manufacture and the Odometer reading. Is it a 2012 car or a pre-refresh car? It would be best if you go and check it out. The local Fiat dealer will just pick up the car, service it (replace all fluids, replace the battery, clean it) and deliver it to you. He may ask you to deposit the entire amount of the cost of the car upfront as the Tata dealer will only let him pick the car after receiving DD for full amount. Please note that Fiat credit line is not extended to these cars. Since you will need to specify the work you want to be performed on the car before delivery, it would be best if you inspect it yourself.

A 3 year Fiat warranty is applicable on these cars along with 2 year extended warranty pack (optional) so anyway it would be Fiat's liability to fix any problems as and when you encounter them.

My Linea (that was delivered 20 days back) has done ~ 1k km and barring some dirt on the carpet, some spots on the fabric upholstery and some minor scratches and one boot opening hydraulic cylinder that has some surface rust, there are no issues that I have discovered. I am just waiting for monsoons to get over before I take it to a 3M car care centre for getting these issues fixed.
Old 28th August 2013, 15:46   #3959
nmo
BHPian

Quote:
2L discount. My only concern is why so low? Was it a TD vehicle? Dealer says its fresh. A requested a friend of mine to visit dealership today to check, unfortunately he is not into cars so cant tell just by looks. Its not in showroom but in stockyard.
2L discount is the correct figure. That is what internally fiat has offered to the dealers to clear this inventory. Since dealers need to replace the battery, replace all the fluids, oil filter, some touch-ups are required sometimes, that is why they keep some part of this amount. You can go ahead with the deal.
Old 28th August 2013, 18:08   #3960
Senior - BHPian

2L on a year old emotion is just about OK, do not let this color your decision making. Just last year T jJets from 2011 were sold at a similar / better discounts of up to 2.5L and these were not TD but spanking new cars from dealers old stock.

Since this is a Fiat vehicle get your friend to take a current snap of the odometer. As soon as the key is turned the odometer reading will be visible and if it has the alphabet "H" alongside the kilometers run, you are good to go. In case the H is missing then it would be a cause for concern as it could be just a car that has run over 200 kms or anything more than that.

Apart from the above if the vehicle is indeed a test drive car then the selling dealer (if different from the stocking dealer) will be loathe to give you complete warranty coverage of 3 years.

In the end if you decide to go ahead then ensure that all of the fluids (engine oil, coolant etc.) in the car are changed FOC by the selling dealer in addition to the discount. All of the buyers that I interacted with last year got this done & in fact some of the guys even got the batteries changed when buying their jets.

Quote:

Last edited by khoj : 28th August 2013 at 18:09.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks