Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2013, 15:00   #3316
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hyundai Motor hikes prices across models, says price rise would be in the range of Rs 575 to Rs 2,830.

Quote:
Hyundai Motor India, the second largest passenger car maker, increased prices across its product line today attributing it to changes in the On Board Diagnostic Compliance (OBD). The maker of popular hatchback i10 and sedan Verna said that the increase in prices range from Rs 575 to Rs 2,830.

http://www.business-standard.com/art...0100173_1.html
Old 1st April 2013, 15:35   #3317
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I am waiting for honda price hike. Honda city V AT was around 9.92 lacs in bangalore. A hike of 8000 will move this to next tax bracket. Keeping fingers crossed.

Honda website says "Prices are being updated. Sorry for the Inconvenience caused."
Old 1st April 2013, 19:42   #3318
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Any idea about this months consumer discount for Ritz ZXi?
Old 1st April 2013, 23:25   #3319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapsi View Post
Well, that's where they began with me too. It is not as if they are offering these discounts up front. I have taken my time and gradually managed to increase the discount.

BMW dealers can sell cars all over India, so if your local dealer is not compliant, you can threaten to go to whichever dealership is offering the best rate.
This heavy discount is being offered in Mumbai?
Now that the financial year end is over and April is here, do you reckon these discounts will still be on offer, or are they gonna cut back on it?

With such a deadly discount being offered, I dont mind buying it in Mumbai and then getting it registered in Hyderabad at all, as you are saying that BMW dealers can sell all over.
Old 2nd April 2013, 09:34   #3320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
I am waiting for honda price hike. Honda city V AT was around 9.92 lacs in bangalore.
Check with your dealer today for the updated price.

Quote:
Honda Cars India and Hyundai Motors India today said they have hiked prices of their vehicles by up to Rs 10,000 to offset increased cost of on-board diagnostic compliance changes (OBDC). While Honda Cars India said its hike will range from Rs 1,000 to Rs 10,000 across models, Hyundai Motor India said the price increase will be between Rs 575 and Rs 2,830.

http://www.thestatesman.net/index.ph...50044&catid=40
Old 2nd April 2013, 09:42   #3321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
I am waiting for honda price hike. Honda city V AT was around 9.92 lacs in bangalore. A hike of 8000 will move this to next tax bracket. Keeping fingers crossed.

Honda website says "Prices are being updated. Sorry for the Inconvenience caused."
The new prices have been updated on the Honda website and the V AT is priced at 9.95, still below the 10L mark.
Old 2nd April 2013, 09:48   #3322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post

The new prices have been updated on the Honda website and the V AT is priced at 9.95, still below the 10L mark.
Yes. However the choice is limited. If one opts for metallic colors, you have to pay 6000 more. I Don,t know whether this will push it to next tax bracket. In that case, I have to pay 36k for my choice of color.
ambadan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 11:13   #3323
BHPian

Guys any deals on POLO TDI highline ?

I got free insurance & 5k corporate discount from VW thane .

Any better deals ??
Old 2nd April 2013, 11:23   #3324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power House View Post
Any idea about this months consumer discount for Ritz ZXi?
I don't know about discounts, but good luck getting a delivery on time. Petrol Ritzes are hard to come by these days. I've been waiting for a Vxi ABS for more than 3 months now. When I talked to the dealer yesterday he said Maruti is still delivering more diesel cars whereas the demand has begun to swing in the favour of petrols. He couldn't give me an expected delivery date.
But that said, if you're willing to compromise on the colour, the waiting period could be shorter.
Old 2nd April 2013, 12:09   #3325
BHPian

Sales Rep at Hyundai Motor Plaza, Mumbai; offered a maximum discount on 1.6 SX(O) AT upto 15K, but wouldn't confirm it and told me he didn't want to give me any hopes on it.

I replied "With your sales down 15%, it is me who is giving you the Hope of a sale, not the other way around. You can choose to en-cash the hope that I have given you or not."

But remember the customer gives you Hope, you do not give it to the customer.

Then I told him to take the day and think about it!!

Also got a call from Nissan for the Sunny Automatic, rumored to be launching next week, and ZERO discount right now.
mikem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:18   #3326
BHPian

Hi Guys,
This is the deal I am getting for Beat Diesel (LS) in Noida. Please suggest if I can get further discounts on this.

Ex Showroom: 5,04,327
On Road: 5,66,797
Free Insurance: 14,313
Corporate Discount: 3000
Cash Discount: 5000
Net Price: 5,44,484
No free accessories has been offered.

I also took a TD of Ritz LDI. They are offering a cash discount of 20000 and a corporate discount of 3000. On road for Ritz diesel in Noida is 6,18,000.
Please suggest. Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd April 2013, 19:09   #3327
BHPian

If that is the condition in Cochin, i guess it will be worse in Thiruvalla. But the Sales Executive was frank enough to admit that i may have to wait for 2 months for a Petrol Ritz. I thought he was just pushing me to go for the diesel.
Old 2nd April 2013, 19:23   #3328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
....I also took a TD of Ritz LDI. They are offering a cash discount of 20000 and a corporate discount of 3000. On road for Ritz diesel in Noida is 6,18,000.
Please suggest. Thanks in advance.
Are you getting a 2013 Ritz? Please check with MULTIPLE dealers, some dealers are offering very heavy discounts (~50K) for certain Ritz models; could be the ones from 2012 lying in their yards.

And I prefer a Ritz over Beat any day, save for looks. I could NOT really find anything great about the diesel Beat, it felt a severe downgrade from Swift D. Ritz on a similar note should be a far better car, but the service costs might be higher. If you are looking at a practical car, do NOT look beyond Ritz.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd April 2013 at 19:24.
Old 2nd April 2013, 19:34   #3329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
Sales Rep at Hyundai Motor Plaza, Mumbai; offered a maximum discount on 1.6 SX(O) AT upto 15K, but wouldn't confirm it and told me he didn't want to give me any hopes on it.

Thanks typical Hyundai attitude. Same holds good even in Bangalore. I dealt with the both in 2012 and 2013. This year, I am being offered an Eon @ 15k discount (quoted for 3 cars).

Anybody has an idea on the discount of Nissan Sunny (Petrol)? Especially the limited edition models!

Last edited by xadityax : 2nd April 2013 at 19:35. Reason: Missed out asking my own question.
Old 3rd April 2013, 10:44   #3330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power House View Post
I thought he was just pushing me to go for the diesel.
They're able to make quicker deliveries for diesel. I've been approached at least 3 times in the interim with an offer for diesel cars that they had in stock at different points of time. I'm tired of all this waiting and kinda tempted to just grab whatever I can although the cost of ownership is gonna be more in the long run.

Most Viewed