Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2013, 20:15   #3016
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Fiat has following message on their website:
"We are revising our prices and will be back soon with the new price list ."

Source: http://www.fiat-india.com/CarPrices.aspx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
And so is Renault. Looks like the price hikes are now rolling in one after another.
This could be a part of long term strategy of all car manufactures to jack-up prices.

Price of input commodities is most likely to increase - because of improvement in western economies. Therefore, all car manufacturers will invariably move towards increasing prices.

However, looking at the (still) poor sentiment in India, it is likely that the price hike will be compensated by equally larger discounts (as we are in the Q4 of FY 2013). Gradually, as the markets improve, the discounts will be withdrawn leaving us with higher prices!

That's my best guess.....
Old 5th January 2013, 10:37   #3017
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Fiat has increased the prices of Punto by around 1.5%. But to compensate this they are giving additional discounts around 7K
Old 5th January 2013, 12:02   #3018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
I dont understand why you would like to know the laws of this. I dont think that there are any laws to control car prices because
- Cars dont come with MRP tag.
- All the rights are givent to dealer to sell it at the best price and make profit.
- It is already written in the Price sheet that, the prices & features are subject to change at any time. This is soley decided by the manufacturer.

If you are interested in taking a car, go and Ask for 2012 price. If he is not ready to give it, Ask him to give a 2013 Manufactured car.

I would say, Be flexible if not, be ready to pay the price.
I second that. Pretty similar to pump owners putting up 'Stockout' sign boards the day before petrol prices are to go up - increasing their profit margins, although the year of manufacture is an additional variable coming into play in case of cars.

On the other hand, any news about discounts or price hikes from Ford on the Figo?
Old 5th January 2013, 19:35   #3019
BHPian

Crude oil touched 5026 rupees in todays trading session, if the rally continues till 5200 - 5350 levels, prices may go up further. This is based on the inventory data that was released on Friday night ..
Old 7th January 2013, 11:27   #3020
BHPian

I have booked a Fluidic Verna CRDI SX with Trident Hyundai. I went for a 2012 manufactured one as there are discounts. The SX(O) ex-showroom price is above 10L, so didn't want to pay the increased road tax and went for SX model.

On Road price before discount = 12.14L
Discounts = 40K Insurance + 15K Loyalty Bonus.
So, final On Road price is = 11.59L

Expected delivery by 10th Jan.
Old 7th January 2013, 12:59   #3021
BHPian

Ford has been long running a Friends & Family offer. Any of your friends/family working in Ford India can refer you. For most cars, the discount under this scheme is almost same (or slightly more) than the corporate offers.

But for the New Fiesta Diesel Titanium+ (top end model), the F&F offer is 1.03L on the ex-shoroom price against the corporate discount of 60K. This is a sweet deal.

How the F&F offer works:
1. Your friend/family working in ford should fill out a form and send it to the Sales division.
2. The Sales division generates the invoice, cross checks your booking with the dealer and sends the invoice to the dealer.
3. The car is despatched from Ford for you. If the dealer is already having your model/color in stock, then he can "swap" the despatched car with the car he already has. Otherwise, you need to wait for the car to arrive from Ford Factory.
Old 8th January 2013, 00:18   #3022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
I have booked a Fluidic Verna CRDI SX with Trident Hyundai. I went for a 2012 manufactured one as there are discounts. The SX(O) ex-showroom price is above 10L, so didn't want to pay the increased road tax and went for SX model.

On Road price before discount = 12.14L
Discounts = 40K Insurance + 15K Loyalty Bonus.
So, final On Road price is = 11.59L

Expected delivery by 10th Jan.
I am surprised to see 40K as Insurance for Verna SX. I bought SX in Aug'12 & got zero dep Insurance for 24K from Tata AIG. See if you can get Insurance yourself & ask dealer to give some accessories for the discount value of 40K, that would be more beneficial for you.
Old 8th January 2013, 09:02   #3023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
I am surprised to see 40K as Insurance for Verna SX. I bought SX in Aug'12 & got zero dep Insurance for 24K from Tata AIG. See if you can get Insurance yourself & ask dealer to give some accessories for the discount value of 40K, that would be more beneficial for you.
Yes, I did observe their higher insurance. But they were not ready to pass that benefit through other means. And given that I was looking for a 2012 car with some discounts, there is not much stock left in my preferred colors, so I went ahead with it.
Old 8th January 2013, 10:16   #3024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
Fiat has increased the prices of Punto by around 1.5%. But to compensate this they are giving additional discounts around 7K
Just spoke to Fiat Sales Advisor at Pandit Pune on latest pricing. Here's what he quoted:

Punto Emotion Diesel - 2013 Model
On-road price (Pune) = 8.16 L

Less
- Free Insurance = 21K
- Corpo Discount = 6K

Total On-road Price = 7.89L

This is an increase of Rs. 19K over what was being quoted in the month of December. Exchange bonus of Rs 7K applies if exchange it with them.

He mentioned that if you want a 2012 model, then additional 7.5K discount applies.
Old 8th January 2013, 12:29   #3025
BANNED

50 new models expected this year .
http://in.news.yahoo.com/photos/50-n...013-slideshow/
Old 8th January 2013, 12:53   #3026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just spoke to Fiat Sales Advisor at Pandit Pune on latest pricing. Here's what he quoted:

Less
- Free Insurance = 21K
- Corpo Discount = 6K

This is an increase of Rs. 19K over what was being quoted in the month of December. Exchange bonus of Rs 7K applies if exchange it with them.

He mentioned that if you want a 2012 model, then additional 7.5K discount applies.

Is the 90 HP version ?

He must be kidding with the additional 7.5K discount on the 2012 model.
Old 8th January 2013, 13:43   #3027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Is the 90 HP version ?

He must be kidding with the additional 7.5K discount on the 2012 model.
nope. This is for normal punto. Sports certainly costs more
Old 8th January 2013, 13:56   #3028
BHPian

Eon - Magna (O) or Sportz

One of my friends is out in the market for an entry level hatchback (read it as Eon), he's got the final OTR price as

Magna - 3.61
Sportz - 3.9 odd

Both are for 2013 model, price in Gurgaon from Himgiri hyundai.

Want to know if the prices are good enough or should we talk to another dealer (competition)

Also, what kind of discount would be 2012 models, coz it's going to be a long term investment for him.

Any pointers/contacts in Gurgaon are highly appreciated.

Cheers

Varun
Old 8th January 2013, 23:19   #3029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Less
- Free Insurance = 21K
- Corpo Discount = 6K

And they wonder why their cars dont sell.
Not sure about Pune but in NCR it should cost no more than 6.8L OTR.
Old 9th January 2013, 10:38   #3030
BHPian

Any discount of Skoda Yeti 4x4 in Bangalore.

regards,
-manju

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks