Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2014, 21:31   #4666
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Congratulations on the booking. Punto in Blue is drop dead drool maal. Saw one in the flesh at Tuli motors during the AC check up camp. People were gawking at my brown coloured TJet+ & I was all over the Blue Punto in the showroom upstairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
Have given White and Blue as my color choices, and will most likely go with the Blue!
Old 30th April 2014, 00:20   #4667
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Sorry for going a little here but I have a serious doubt which I think people here might be able to clear.

I am probably going to go with the blue color for the Punto Active, but the same color and model used at the showroom as a display model. So I guess there are high chances that they might pass the same model to me.

How can I make sure that its not the same one?

I cannot visit the showroom for the next 3 days due to my work, and delivery is scheduled for this Sunday.

A little help with this, ?
Old 30th April 2014, 00:22   #4668
Senior - BHPian

Punto facelift launch in mid-2014. Better wait for the new one as the consmetic upgrades are big.
Old 30th April 2014, 07:43   #4669
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for going a little here but I have a serious doubt which I think people here might be able to clear.

I am probably going to go with the blue color for the Punto Active, but the same color and model used at the showroom as a display model. So I guess there are high chances that they might pass the same model to me.

I cannot visit the showroom for the next 3 days due to my work, and delivery is scheduled for this Sunday.

A little help with this, ?
Ask your SA for the VIN number of the car allotted to you and compare it with the car on display. If you can't go yourself, perhaps ask one of your friends/ relatives to do so.

If the car has been registered already, afraid even that won't help.

If indeed you feel it is the display car which has been passed on to you, you can ask the dealer to give you extended warranty/ accessories.
Old 30th April 2014, 08:06   #4670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Only way to be sure of this is to cross check the VIN number of both the cars. Few other things that you can do but would not be full proof are to note down the mfg date on the tyres of the demo car and see if that matches with the car you are being delivered. Also the windows have there own number and you can similarly compare that too. But the best and full proof thing would be the VIN.
I would strongly urge you to go and get the VIN number because since you already have this doubt in mind, anything that goes wrong with your car in the future, you will always have that nagging thought that its a demo car.
Old 30th April 2014, 11:17   #4671
BHPian

Please also check for the infamous 'h' on the odometer, I remember T jets had it, hopefully punto also will have it. And perform a PDI with the check list from Tbhp! Happy motoring !
Old 30th April 2014, 11:36   #4672
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy an SUV for myself soon. I am contemplating between the Duster RXL 110 PS and MAhindra XUV 500 W6. Can anyone please let me know what are the current offers on both.

I reside in Delhi/NCR. Help is highly appreciated.
Old 30th April 2014, 12:41   #4673
BHPian

Guys any idea on the Discounts available on Duster 110 ps middle variant in Delhi??
Old 30th April 2014, 13:19   #4674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Ask your SA for the VIN number of the car allotted to you and compare it with the car on display. If you can't go yourself, perhaps ask one of your friends/ relatives to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Only way to be sure of this is to cross check the VIN number of both the cars. Few other things that you can do but would not be full proof are to note down the mfg date on the tyres of the demo car and see if that matches with the car you are being delivered.
I spoke to the SA in the morning and asked him directly if they would pass me the one on the display. He assured me that the one at the showroom is the display car and I will get a different car for sure. In his words "Sir, sawal hi nai uthta wo car dene ka. Wo display car hai sir."

Also, as far as I remember, car in the showroom didn't have plastic wrapping on the seats. Will that be a strong differentiating point? As I'll make sure that my car has wrapping on the seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_convert View Post
Please also check for the infamous 'h' on the odometer, I remember T jets had it, hopefully punto also will have it. And perform a PDI with the check list from Tbhp! Happy motoring !
Infamous H? Can you shed some more light on this?

Last edited by Abh1nav : 30th April 2014 at 13:22.
Old 30th April 2014, 14:12   #4675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to the SA in the morning and asked him directly if they would pass me the one on the display. He assured me that the one at the showroom is the display car and I will get a different car for sure. In his words "Sir, sawal hi nai uthta wo car dene ka. Wo display car hai sir."
The SA and everyone from the sales team will always try to be that extra sweet till the delivery of the car. Once you catch them doing something wrong they either turn arrogant or deny any knowing of the act whatsoever. Since you are doubt, I again request you to take another half a day off from work and go see the VIN number of the demo car and the one you are being given. Alternatively you can go to there yard and check your car in person.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 16:09   #4676
BHPian

What are the discounts available on Tata Safari DiCOR EX and Fiat Linea in Bangalore?
Old 30th April 2014, 18:50   #4677
BHPian

Quote:
Infamous H? Can you shed some more light on this?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3241724

This post should clear things up!

Please take the time off to do the PDI, as once the car is registered there is no going back!
Diesel_convert is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 10:25   #4678
BHPian

I called my SA just now to ask him when the car would be allotted to me. Surprisingly, he told me that they have only one blue Punto, which is on display at their showroom.

He said the usual stuff about blue not being a popular color so they don't have it in stock and all. He told me I could choose from white, tuscan wine, silver, etc. Later, asked me the reason why I don't want to take the one which is on display as it is a new car only.

When I asked him if they could get another blue one, he said that then, the current offer won't be valid by the time it's here. (Classic case of "OFFER VALID TILL STOCKS LAST" !)

However, I feel good about the fact that he honestly told me that they don't have a blue one in stock, instead of passing me the one at their showroom.

Still, letting go of the blue is difficult. White is the other one I liked, but that'll mean losing 5K (for premium colors), which is already included in the cost.
Old 1st May 2014, 11:28   #4679
Senior - BHPian

Plastic wrapping on the seats in no differentiation , the comparison of the VINS is the best manner to be sure.

I would assume that the offer should be valid as long as you place the booking , even if the car is not in stock?

Quote:
I called my SA just now to ask him when the car would be allotted to me. Surprisingly, he told me that they have only one blue Punto, which is on display at their showroom.

He said the usual stuff about blue not being a popular color so they don't have it in stock and all. He told me I could choose from white, tuscan wine, silver, etc. Later, asked me the reason why I don't want to take the one which is on display as it is a new car only.

When I asked him if they could get another blue one, he said that then, the current offer won't be valid by the time it's here. (Classic case of "OFFER VALID TILL STOCKS LAST" !)

However, I feel good about the fact that he honestly told me that they don't have a blue one in stock, instead of passing me the one at their showroom.

Still, letting go of the blue is difficult. White is the other one I liked, but that'll mean losing 5K (for premium colors), which is already included in the cost.
Old 1st May 2014, 11:30   #4680
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I called my SA just now to ask him when the car would be allotted to me. Surprisingly, he told me that they have only one blue Punto, which is on display at their showroom. He said the usual stuff about blue not being a popular color so they don't have it in stock and all. He told me I could choose from white, tuscan wine, silver, etc. Later, asked me the reason why I don't want to take the one which is on display as it is a new car only. When I asked him if they could get another blue one, he said that then, the current offer won't be valid by the time it's here. (Classic case of "OFFER VALID TILL STOCKS LAST" !) However, I feel good about the fact that he honestly told me that they don't have a blue one in stock, instead of passing me the one at their showroom. Still, letting go of the blue is difficult. White is the other one I liked, but that'll mean losing 5K (for premium colors), which is already included in the cost.
Why don't you do a PDI on the blue car in the showroom? Check the manufacturing date, and also check the H on the speedo to see if the car really is new. If all goes well- no harm in taking the display car.

Some owners have purchased cars that were standing in the yard for over 6 months- 1 year, and still using it happily without issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks