Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2014, 13:13   #4681
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

The blue standing at Tuli motors first floor totally enclosed airconditioned showroom is better off than the a White standing in their dirt swept, hot (facing the Sun's wrath daily) stockyard in Mundka. That applies to display vehicles in all dealerships.

Best is (if it is the same car) the vehicle along with others on display were locked. So people can't simply pop in and out.

Agree withCrAzY dRiVeR, do a PDI check for the H. Tell the SA not to register just yet and you should be good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
I called my SA just now to ask him when the car would be allotted to me. Surprisingly, he told me that they have only one blue Punto, which is on display at their showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Why don't you do a PDI on the blue car in the showroom? Check the manufacturing date, and also check the H on the speedo to see if the car really is new. If all goes well- no harm in taking the display car.

Some owners have purchased cars that were standing in the yard for over 6 months- 1 year, and still using it happily without issues.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 21:48   #4682
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
I called my SA just now to ask him when the car would be allotted to me. Surprisingly, he told me that they have only one blue Punto, which is on display at their showroom.

Still, letting go of the blue is difficult. White is the other one I liked, but that'll mean losing 5K (for premium colors), which is already included in the cost.
See so your fears were justified. I feel since you asked him so many times, he finally relented and sensed that you might be a tough customer to lie to later. You can actually check the VIN number of the display car and if its not more than a month or two old then you can go for it. Alternatively once again I would personally suggest to opt for another colour. How do you lose 5k if you opt for white?
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 11:40   #4683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The blue standing at Tuli motors first floor totally enclosed airconditioned showroom is better off than the a White standing in their dirt swept, hot (facing the Sun's wrath daily) stockyard in Mundka. That applies to display vehicles in all dealerships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
See so your fears were justified. I feel since you asked him so many times, he finally relented and sensed that you might be a tough customer to lie to later. You can actually check the VIN number of the display car and if its not more than a month or two old then you can go for it. Alternatively once again I would personally suggest to opt for another colour. How do you lose 5k if you opt for white?
Firstly, a big thanks to you guys for the help here!

Last night, I thought about it and finally decided to go with the White color! Called up the SA in the morning and told him to allot me a white car and send me it's VIN. He texted me the VIN within 20 mins!

It's a January 2014 Manufactured vehicle, so it seems pretty okay as of now. Have told him that I'll be coming for the PDI tomorrow!

@drmohitg : About losing the 5K, as white isn't a premium color, it's cheaper by 5K than the other ones. However, the on road price listed by the dealers is based on premium colors, irrespective of the one you choose.

I was told this by another dealer, who was willing to cut 5K from the given price, if I chose White / Red.

Last edited by Abh1nav : 2nd May 2014 at 11:41.
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:22   #4684
s10
BHPian

Quote:
Firstly, a big thanks to you guys for the help here!

Last night, I thought about it and finally decided to go with the White color! Called up the SA in the morning and told him to allot me a white car and send me it's VIN. He texted me the VIN within 20 mins!

It's a January 2014 Manufactured vehicle, so it seems pretty okay as of now. Have told him that I'll be coming for the PDI tomorrow!

@drmohitg : About losing the 5K, as white isn't a premium color, it's cheaper by 5K than the other ones. However, the on road price listed by the dealers is based on premium colors, irrespective of the one you choose.

I was told this by another dealer, who was willing to cut 5K from the given price, if I chose White / Red.
Hi Abhinav,

Congratulations!!!

I have also booked Punto Active under the same scheme. However, dealer is not willing to give any additional discount over 1L (including 50K exchange).

I also checked on accessories and he mentioned that if I go for either Central Locking or Reverse parking sensor, my warranty would get void and offered me 5K additional discount for the two.

Few queries that I have
1. Does warranty actually get void by Central Locking or Reverse parking sensor?
2. You mentioned that you were able to further negotiate from 5.38 to 5.1. That's a very significant discount, how did you manage that. Any corporate discount?
3. Would be good if I can talk to you in person. Can you please PM me your number. I couldn't locate PM sending option myself.
Old 2nd May 2014, 13:04   #4685
Senior - BHPian

Abh1nav, talk to your dealer, even he will reduce the 5K. The dealership cannot charge you for something that you are not buying.

Quote:
About losing the 5K, as white isn't a premium color, it's cheaper by 5K than the other ones. However, the on road price listed by the dealers is based on premium colors, irrespective of the one you choose.

The warranty will be void if you install aftermarket accessories. Use Fiat genuine accessories and you should be good to go. In any case the Fiat rear sensors are good quality. Do ensure that the chap who installs the accessory uses 'T' connectors for pairing/joining the electric wires. All of the showroom electricians are aware of the same but will not use them unless someone stands on their heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10 View Post
Few queries that I have
1. Does warranty actually get void by Central Locking or Reverse parking sensor?

3. Would be good if I can talk to you in person. Can you please PM me your number. I couldn't locate PM sending option myself.
Old 2nd May 2014, 20:19   #4686
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Talk to your dealer about it. Fiat is not selling cars, not in numbers anyways. And they already botched up your first choice. So they shouldn't act snobbish in giving you the 5k discount which is rightfully yours. Mail Fiat if they do not comply.
Old 3rd May 2014, 19:55   #4687
BHPian

Went to the dealership today for the PDI. The SA was out for some work and had to deal with other staff. Reched the showroom at 12:30 , however, the car came to the showroom by 3 and was sent straight for washing.

Couldn't do an exhaustive PDI, as was too fed up waiting! Still, checked the VIN on the windshield, checked the exteriors for dents / scratches, and couldn't find any. Checked the ODO and it was showing 28 KM with the H to the left. All good there!

One strange thing I noticed while the wash was being done, is that the guys opened the engine bay and washed it as well!! I was surprised at this and called the guy to ask him if it was right to do so. He told me that they wrap some important section with polythene and then perform the wash. I said okay and went on to see the car!

Later, the SA came and asked him about the documents and stuff. Also, extended warranty and zero dep. for insurance isn't included in the cost, so was quoted 6629 and 2850 for them respectively.

He asked me if I wanted to paint mirrors, door handles in body color, cost for which was quoted 4000, later dropped to 3500. Still, didn't go for it as now, but I guess will get it done during the 1st service.

Quote:
Hi Abhinav,

Congratulations!!!

Few queries that I have
2. You mentioned that you were able to further negotiate from 5.38 to 5.1. That's a very significant discount, how did you manage that. Any corporate discount?
Thank you so much!

About your queries:

1) The warranty won't get void if you install Reverse Parking Sensors / Central locking, as both of these are FIAT genuine accessories and will be installed by the dealer. You can check FIAT India website for this!

2) Yes, there was some corporate discount as well! Also, since it was month-end and the dealers need to complete their target, they generally do offer a better deal! Can you tell me which dealer have you booked your car from? As a couple of dealers had offered me similar prices when I made the booking.

3) check PM for my number!

Quote:
Abh1nav, talk to your dealer, even he will reduce the 5K. The dealership cannot charge you for something that you are not buying
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Talk to your dealer about it. Fiat is not selling cars, not in numbers anyways. And they already botched up your first choice. So they shouldn't act snobbish in giving you the 5k discount which is rightfully yours. Mail Fiat if they do not comply.
FIAT did a lil goof up here! On their website, white and red are mentioned as non-premium colors, however, in there brochure, white is listed as a premium color! So no more discounts!

Last edited by Abh1nav : 3rd May 2014 at 19:57.
Old 3rd May 2014, 23:22   #4688
Senior - BHPian

You may want to take hints from the Punto Sport's colour theme and get these painted in contrasting rather than same as body colour. Coupled with the sticker decals from Fiat the complete look of the car gets transformed.

Quote:
He asked me if I wanted to paint mirrors, door handles in body color, cost for which was quoted 4000, later dropped to 3500. Still, didn't go for it as now, but I guess will get it done during the 1st service.
Old 3rd May 2014, 23:41   #4689
BHPian

Quote:
Couldn't do an exhaustive PDI, as was too fed up waiting! Still, checked the VIN on the windshield, checked the exteriors for dents / scratches, and couldn't find any. Checked the ODO and it was showing 28 KM with the H to the left. All good there!

One strange thing I noticed while the wash was being done, is that the guys opened the engine bay and washed it as well!! I was surprised at this and called the guy to ask him if it was right to do so. He told me that they wrap some important section with polythene and then perform the wash. I said okay and went on to see the car!

Later, the SA came and asked him about the documents and stuff. Also, extended warranty and zero dep. for insurance isn't included in the cost, so was quoted 6629 and 2850 for them respectively.
Congrats on your ride Abhinav! couple of questions

What is the significance of 'H' on the odo and what do you mean by it being positioned to the right?

2850 for zero dep is additional to what you have already paid for insurance, right?
Old 4th May 2014, 00:50   #4690
BHPian

Quote:
You may want to take hints from the Punto Sport's colour theme and get these painted in contrasting rather than same as body colour. Coupled with the sticker decals from Fiat the complete look of the car gets transformed.
That's exactly what I thought while going for the white color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Congrats on your ride Abhinav! couple of questions

What is the significance of 'H' on the odo and what do you mean by it being positioned to the right?

2850 for zero dep is additional to what you have already paid for insurance, right?
Thanks! H on the ODO in FIAT cars signifies transit mode I guess. It stays for 200Kms on the ODO, after which it disappears. Even I was informed about it just a few days back by fellow member @Diesel_convert.

Check this link for more info on this:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3241724

You're right about the zero dep. insurance. Insurance was free but that didn't include zero dep., so have to pay the charges for that!
Old 5th May 2014, 15:50   #4691
s10
BHPian

Quote:

3) check PM for my number!
Didn't receive your number or any other contact in my message inbox. Waiting...
Old 6th May 2014, 13:42   #4692
BHPian

I finally brought the car home on Sunday. Have been driving it to office since the past couple of days and enjoying every bit of it. The only thing that bugs me as of now if the lack of Bluetooth / Aux / USB and the pathetic speaker quality! All's good otherwise, with a mileage of 17.2 already!

Thanks a lot to everyone for the help here!

Quote:
Didn't receive your number or any other contact in my message inbox. Waiting...
I couldn't sent you a PM, as whenever I try, it shows an error that you can't receive messages!

Last edited by Abh1nav : 6th May 2014 at 13:43.
Old 6th May 2014, 20:53   #4693
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new toy. Look forward to your ICE upgrade journey.

Quote:
I finally brought the car home on Sunday. Have been driving it to office since the past couple of days and enjoying every bit of it. The only thing that bugs me as of now if the lack of Bluetooth / Aux / USB and the pathetic speaker quality! All's good otherwise, with a mileage of 17.2 already!
!
Old 11th May 2014, 12:58   #4694
BHPian

There is an Duster offer going on which says 8k odd Rupees as the EMI for the 1st year for a loan of 6Lakhs for 5years.
Any one knows the exact details?
Old 13th May 2014, 18:25   #4695
BHPian

Does any one have any info on the offers on VW Polo GT Tdi. Looking for one in Kerala.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks