Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2014, 14:00   #4996
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
What risk? the IC engine design itself is now 150+ years old yet it moves the entire World. The Koreans are masters of picking a proven pice of technology and then evolving their product around it and Rexton is no different. I am sure you will enjoy your new ride.
Thank You Khoj for your reply but the overall perception of the Rexton is it is an okay vehicle and not a great one in terms of ride quality, handling and engine performance. When I took TD I had all this in my mind....Obviously after driving a petrol engine I could hear the noise of the engine inside the vehicle and it was slow to get of from the red light...but in terms of handling Indian roads I felt it was great. I have not yet driven the Fortuner but then each and every Bhpian is in love with the Fortuner and hate the Rexton thus the confusion. I think the price diff would be about 4 L between both vehicles. Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong thread.
Old 28th October 2014, 16:09   #4997
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Wrong thread, what makes you think that? Anyhow, Fortuner is a good vehicle to drive but not to be driven around in. If you will rarely have someone in the back seat then go for it however if you yourself are going to be chauffeured then I am sure a test drive will bring you back to the same crossroads. Besides all of the negatives that you listed in your post have nothing to do with the poor engine. The packaging around has become dated and here it will make a difference as the interface of the occupants with the interiors along with the offered NVH levels is more upfront than it is with the engine. Hence a dated engine would still shine through but cabin is a different story. BTW what are your views about the Koleos & the CRV? both have the most comfortable second row seats amongst the soft roaders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmalik30 View Post
Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong thread.
Old 28th October 2014, 17:50   #4998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Wrong thread, what makes you think that? Anyhow, Fortuner is a good vehicle to drive but not to be driven around in. If you will rarely have someone in the back seat then go for it however if you yourself are going to be chauffeured then I am sure a test drive will bring you back to the same crossroads. Besides all of the negatives that you listed in your post have nothing to do with the poor engine. The packaging around has become dated and here it will make a difference as the interface of the occupants with the interiors along with the offered NVH levels is more upfront than it is with the engine. Hence a dated engine would still shine through but cabin is a different story. BTW what are your views about the Koleos & the CRV? both have the most comfortable second row seats amongst the soft roaders.
Thanks Khoj for your ever encouraging words ...The vehicle will be mostly self driven and never Chauffeur driven. I have not considered the Koleos but have definitely considered the CRV but the only drawback I found in the CRV is that I found the roof really low comparing it to Optra Magnum and Rexton. My one year old son keeps jumping and often hit his head in the roof of the CRV and over bumps kept crying But I really liked the CRV...though a bit over priced. The Rexton no matter what is the most comfortable vehicle when sitting in the drivers seat without switching on the Engine.
Old 28th October 2014, 18:02   #4999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurva512 View Post
Guys, does anyone know what kind of discounts are available on the Merc C200 CGI and the C250 considering that the new model is right around the corner?
Merc C 200 CGI is mostly out of stock if you can find it you should get it on road mumbai at 38 lacs. (thats the offer i had got)

Merc C 220 CDI you should be able to get it at 39 lacs on road mumbai.

C250 has been closed for the last year or two. Hope this helps.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 11:12   #5000
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Khoj for your ever encouraging words ...The vehicle will be mostly self driven and never Chauffeur driven. I have not considered the Koleos but have definitely considered the CRV but the only drawback I found in the CRV is that I found the roof really low comparing it to Optra Magnum and Rexton. My one year old son keeps jumping and often hit his head in the roof of the CRV and over bumps kept crying But I really liked the CRV...though a bit over priced. The Rexton no matter what is the most comfortable vehicle when sitting in the drivers seat without switching on the Engine.
Chk out the Santa Fe too...
Old 29th October 2014, 12:29   #5001
BHPian

Yes I have heard good reviews of Santa Fe as well but I do not want to stretch my budget too much. My initial budget was 25L on road but if it has to be the fortuner can max push it by another 1.5L. Thats also the good part about the Rexton RX 7 but still I do not want to face or buy the wrong vehicle because I did not spend 1.5L and not buy the most favourite vehicle which is right nw the fortuner.
Old 29th October 2014, 19:47   #5002
BHPian

For XUV 500 W6, I am offered 80,000/- cash discount+3M teflon coating (with warranty)+side beading. This is in Cochin for brand new vehicle. I am guessing this is a pretty good offer, though not sure if I am missing something obvious.
Old 30th October 2014, 20:24   #5003
Senior - BHPian

Any idea of discounts on the Safari Storme? With the facelift expected, I'm offered 40k or 3years insurance at 10k. Or should I wait for the facelift?
Old 31st October 2014, 09:20   #5004
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I have heard good reviews of Santa Fe as well but I do not want to stretch my budget too much. My initial budget was 25L on road but if it has to be the fortuner can max push it by another 1.5L. Thats also the good part about the Rexton RX 7 but still I do not want to face or buy the wrong vehicle because I did not spend 1.5L and not buy the most favourite vehicle which is right nw the fortuner.
If you have set your eyes on the Rexton, then I'd recommend the Manual RX6 over the Auto RX7 because I found the auto box to be too lethargic to shift with serious rubber band effect and terrible fuel economy. The RX5 is too bare bones!

But the T Forty is better off any day - sales, service, resale! I've found the Mahindra service fit only for their trucks!
Old 31st October 2014, 09:56   #5005
Senior - BHPian

Any idea if any Maruti dealer in Bangalore still has stock of pre-facelift version of swift petrol Vxi or Zxi variant? This is for my brother-in-law who is in the market for a petrol premium hatch and has decided on swift. The price difference between old one and new one is around 18 K and hoping if any dealer has the pre-facelift version, we can haggle for some discounts. Could not find any major difference between the pre facelift and facelifted Vxi variants except the audio system.
Old 1st November 2014, 15:56   #5006
BHPian

Got a call from the nearby Fiat dealer; they have a pre-facelift Punto Dynamic diesel in stock. He was quoting 6.5 lacs. Is this a good deal? Might be able to negotiate further in person.
Old 3rd November 2014, 23:33   #5007
BHPian

@prkiran : I don't think its a very good deal. I don't know much about Chennai tax structure but in Delhi one can get Punto Evo 75 BHP Dynamic variant at 7.06 on road without any negotiation.

Guys Looking for a car for my father with safety and build quality as the priority. He is on a tight budget of 8 lacs and not a dime more.

Looking at the recent crash test results of Indian variants of Hyundai and Maruti cars( the way the compromise on structural strength vis-a-vis export variants of the same model) I just don't want to buy them.

Can anybody suggest good discounts on fiat Punto Evo and Volkswagen polo 1.5 tdi in Delhi?

Last edited by fuelinmyveins : 3rd November 2014 at 23:34.
Old 4th November 2014, 12:42   #5008
BHPian

I'm currently considering Tata Aria as a 2nd car for the entire family and if possible would want to buy it in next month or so.

Wanted to know from people here, if there are any discounts avaialble on this car, in Bangalore, or any concerns i should be aware of.

I'm not considering Innova and XUV since I personally don't like them much. Appreciate your feedback.
Old 4th November 2014, 13:29   #5009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
If you have set your eyes on the Rexton, then I'd recommend the Manual RX6 over the Auto RX7 because I found the auto box to be too lethargic to shift with serious rubber band effect and terrible fuel economy. The RX5 is too bare bones!

But the T Forty is better off any day - sales, service, resale! I've found the Mahindra service fit only for their trucks!
@gmalik30: I will suggest you to take a test drive of Rexton(Auto).

As per my experience, I have been driving lot of automatics since past three months, the so-called rubber band effect is a very relative term. Many drivers get different feel for the same automatic gearbox. When testing the automatic gearbox, a lot of variables do come into play and I have found that any variable's wrong handling creates that "rubber band" effect.
I have also driven Rexton automatic and to me it always a felt a very comfortable machine to drive with loads of features for creature comfort.
I have not driven Fortuner so can't comment but, don't strike out Rexton without playing around with it(if not done, already).

May the best beast be with you..
Old 4th November 2014, 14:13   #5010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
I'm currently considering Tata Aria as a 2nd car for the entire family and if possible would want to buy it in next month or so.

Wanted to know from people here, if there are any discounts avaialble on this car, in Bangalore, or any concerns i should be aware of.

I'm not considering Innova and XUV since I personally don't like them much. Appreciate your feedback.
I just test drove the Aria today! There are discounts available - straight up 1lakh off. More if you haggle. With discounts, the mid variant Pleasure 4X2 is about 14.5 lakhs OTR in Bangalore.

My personal opinion - this vehicle still carries a bit of the old Tata "truck" feeling when you drive it, and it is nowhere near as car-like as the Innova. However, it is fantastically comfortable over bad roads (read - all roads in Bangalore).
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks