Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2014, 15:01   #4906
BANNED

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

On the subject of all wheels being the same in new cars. Maruti, which is the market leader, has a policy of all 5 being the same, after a specific case involving a customer from Vizag. The points at issue were and still are -

# Homologation for motor vehicles specifically mentions 5 tyres of the same sort EXCEPT where special dispensation has been taken for "get home" tyres on "run flat" equipped sets of 4.

# Please look at the insurance rules - the moment your rims are of a different size, your insurance is invalid.

# Most of all, where does it stop? Why should I accept 4 alloys instead of 5? What does the tyre rotation chart with the vehicle state, that the spare sits in the boot till it becomes plastic?

Let us get real. And yes, the smallest lie is a deal-breaker, because it means bigger lies are in the offing.
malq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 15:15   #4907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007
Had a talk with Fahrenheit Skoda regarding the scheme running on Rapid and the lady told me that all i need to pay is 9.61 on road Delhi for Rapid 1.6 TDi Elegance.
Found it too hard to believe as 2 years back i paid 11 lakhs otr for my Vento highline, so double checked and she replied affirmative.

I own a Vento and we were looking at the new Polo for my sister but at 9.60, Rapid is just 1 lakh over the Polo with a much better engine and handling, really is a VFM proposition.Also she loves the Rapid more ...
Considering the numerous terrible experiences Team BHPians have had with Skoda, I think one needs to be really adventurous to go for Skoda. Think hard about long term ownership experience.
narenteam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 15:59   #4908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
Considering the numerous terrible experiences Team BHPians have had with Skoda, I think one needs to be really adventurous to go for Skoda. Think hard about long term ownership experience.
I have already booked a Ford Fiesta 1.5 Titanium. Just could not gather courage to opt for Skoda. The service provided by VW group is poor, in comparison, our year old Ecosport is doing well and all complaints were met with prompt responses and multiple calls by Ford India.

Fiesta titanium here in New Delhi costed 10.38 without insurance. Opted for self insurance and cut out those essential, body care packs etc.
Total would be 10.68 with 0 dep insurance and 3rd year extended warranty.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 09:14   #4909
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I have already booked a Ford Fiesta 1.5 Titanium. Just could not gather courage to opt for Skoda. The service provided by VW group is poor, in comparison, our year old Ecosport is doing well and all complaints were met with prompt responses and multiple calls by Ford India.
Congrats on your new ride. What happened to your plan of picking up a luxury german car?
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 10:18   #4910

What are the kinds of discounts on offer on the XUV 500 W8 in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai?

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 21st September 2014, 10:28   #4911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Congrats on your new ride. What happened to your plan of picking up a luxury german car?
Thanks Dr mohit, this car is for my sister , she will be upgrading from her humble santro.
The plans for a luxury german are still open but delayed a bit, maybe 1st quarter of 2015.
Old 26th September 2014, 15:48   #4912
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan offers

http://www.gaadi.com/offers/Nissan-S...ffer-in-Mumbai

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-xbrochure_3751.png.pagespeed.ic.66rnmqsqws.jpg
Mr.Boss is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 21:49   #4913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhatesmyguts View Post
Any deals on A4,3 Series or C Class. Also is the A4 business edition worth considering ?? My budget is as close to 30L as possible OTR which would mean about 26-27 L Ex Showroom.
Any deals in Bangalore on the German trio ?
Old 29th September 2014, 14:37   #4914
BHPian

Is there any deals going on for Hyundai Grand i10, either from company or by any of the dealers in Bangalore?

My Zest delivery is getting postponed for some reason or other even after paying full ex-showroom price, after more than 2 months of waiting I am not ready to quit and look for some other option with immediate delivery, I came to know i10 Grand is readily available and fits my budget.
Old 29th September 2014, 14:56   #4915
Senior - BHPian

Grand has 10-15k discounts including loyalty, corporate discount and other over the table negotiations. Note that if you call them, they will say zero discounts. Once you have confirmed, they will throw in small discounts.
Old 29th September 2014, 15:30   #4916
BHPian

Does anyone anticpate any offers on Hyundai Elantra in October? Can we draw any precedence from the last year?
Old 29th September 2014, 19:56   #4917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
Does anyone anticpate any offers on Hyundai Elantra in October? Can we draw any precedence from the last year?
What were the offers in last year?

I am guessing with facelift around corner, you may get good discounts.
Old 30th September 2014, 16:21   #4918
BHPian

Latest on discounts offered for XUV W8 at Bangalore by Shireesh Auto (Hosur Road):
- First year insurance free, comes out to be INR 31k
- Corporate Discount of INR 10K which is standard across any model

Does anyone has any other information regarding XUV W8 discounts? Also why first year XUV W8 insurance is coming out to be INR 31K versus INR 55k quoted for Tata Storme VX 4X4?

Cheers

Manu
Old 30th September 2014, 17:31   #4919

Does anyone have an idea about the discounts one can get on the Skoda Superb? I read somewhere on the thread that someone got over 3 lakh discount over a year earlier. Is it feasible to get a similar discount on the 2014 facelifted Superb?

I am also looking at the Sonata, since the car will mostly be chauffeur driven. Really like the looks and the ventilated seats option, other drawbacks notwithstanding. Willing to go for it only if the difference between a discounted Superb and Sonata comes to 4-5 lakh or more

Haven't negotiated on the Superb yet, any suggestions would be welcome.
Old 1st October 2014, 02:01   #4920
Distinguished - BHPian

Just negotiated a deal of 15 lakhs off on the 730Ld. This is inclusive of all corporate discounts etc. Offer was valid for September not sure if October the discounts have changed. At approximately 89 lakhs ex-showroom without octroi it's a good buy. Nearly 20 lakhs cheaper than the S350CDi that is currently at 1.10 ex-Showroom with no discounts.

Last edited by Sahil : 1st October 2014 at 02:06.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks