Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2014, 15:45   #5116
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Today we booked Swift Zdi by paying 5000/-.

The SR is not allowing to taking Insurance n Rto from outside. He is giving several reasons-
1. For Insurance- You can claim insurance at any Mass. No problem in claims. He has given me 0 Dep policy quote of 30K in the quotation.

I enquired at New India Assurance through my contact and got quote over phone of Rs. 18+K for normal policy and Rs.21927/- for 0 Dep.

2. For Rto- You dont need to do anything. Just bring your old car at the time of delivery and drive out New Swift. I told him that I want Choice No. So I will do Registration myself. On this he told Ok, you give me the receipt of Choice No. Charges paid and we will do the rest.

Also should I opt for Ext. Warranty of additional 2years/40000 kms for Rs 9600/-?
The SR is telling if I dont take Ext. Warranty, I would have to answer to "Maruti" giving reasons for not opting Ext. Warranty.

All hogwash, stand your ground.
The dealer cannot force you to buy insurance from them. You can buy it outside once you get the Engine and Chassis number. You need to get the insurance done before registration.

Again the dealer cannot force you to purchase extended warranty. Be stern and don't fall for their pressure tactics
speedmiester is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 16:07   #5117
BANNED

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
1. For Insurance- You can claim insurance at any Mass. No problem in claims. He has given me 0 Dep policy quote of 30K in the quotation.

I enquired at New India Assurance through my contact and got quote over phone of Rs. ~18900/- for normal policy and Rs. 21927/- for 0 Dep.

2. For Rto- You dont need to do anything. Just bring your old car at the time of delivery and drive out New Swift. I told him that I want Choice No. So I will do Registration myself. On this he told Ok, you give me the receipt of Choice No. Charges paid and we will do the rest.
1. Get the insurance done from outside from the Insurance company you like, pay the amount and drive the car out.

2. Get the old car valuation done, get it subtracted from the New car price. Pay the final amount and drive out the car to your house.

Get the registration done with the number of our choice, get the plates made and enjoy.

All I want to say is tell the SR to take a break! All he is trying to mislead you. No one can force you to buy anything. If you want try to get information from another dealer in your city.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 11th December 2014 at 16:09.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 16:16   #5118
BHPian

Two days ago say a 2012 Nano LX model at KHT Motors for Rs.1.5/- lakh on road. Anybody interested in Nano may check out this option.
PNTLovesNano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 16:19   #5119
BHPian

Sorry, But he cannot do that!

If he is not allowing you to do the same by self, call the Maruti Customer care and complaint against this dealer.

Have bought a car from Delhi and registered is by self in Blr. Even while buying a new car I always ask for the final price without Insurance and transfer my current cars NCB to the new car

Last edited by pareshraheja : 11th December 2014 at 16:20. Reason: Grammer Correction
pareshraheja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 16:49   #5120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Take it from outside or ask them to match the quote from outside. Also a lot of people think that later at the time of a claim they will make a lot of noise remembering that you didn't buy insurance from them at time of buying. This is far from truth but. There is no such thing. Just see if your insurance provider has a cashless tie up with MASS which most companies should have given that they are the leading car makers. you can just call the MASS service centre and ask them if the company has a tie up with them. They will give you that information.

Quote:
Just ensure that he gives you a receipt for every penny he is asking for. Do not give them anything more than that amount. Alternatively they can't stop you from getting the car registered yourself.

Quote:
The SR is telling if I dont take Ext. Warranty, I would have to answer to "Maruti" giving reasons for not opting Ext. Warranty.
. It is moments like these where I miss having the freedom to use multiple smileys. Please take a picture of this genius and post it here. Next time he says something like this, take along a board saying LOL and wave it in his face just like in the emoticon above.

Having said that I will advice you to take the extended warranty provided its being provided by Maruti and not by your dealer. Do remember that if you opt for it then you will have to get your vehicle serviced at the MASS only and also adhere to there service guidelines strictly atleast till your car is out of extended warranty period.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 18:55   #5121
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors seems to be on a Stock Clearance Sale cum Price War. There are some neat discounts on Tata cars, as seen before, for Christmas. (Got this update from a Safari User Group.)

The website i.e. cars.tatamotors.com hasn't got all info properly stated, though this ad should be enough to explain :

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-10480196_10152450260092212_3239093228739921939_n.jpg

With a Rs.95,000/- discount on Storme, I thought its the best deal of the lot.

At 8.99L, its Storme LX at the price of Aria LX!

Atleast Storme LX has ABS. (Btw, What do you'll think is important for consumer : Aria with more power & mileage OR Storme with same power, abit lower mileage but ABS as a safety feature...?)

Manza (with 55k off) is prolly being discontinued. Vendors have have been asked for Stop-Supply. I'm sure there'll be some great discounts. IMO Its VERY capable machine and the latest ones have very good reliability.

Maybe trying to liquidate stocks to help cash flows required for smooth production of Zest & Bolt.

Apparently the AMT version is coming out next April. Launch of Nano AMT too may require a substantial amount of funds to sign the procurement deal for the AMT Units from Magneti Marelli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTLovesNano View Post
Two days ago say a 2012 Nano LX model at KHT Motors for Rs.1.5/- lakh on road. Anybody interested in Nano may check out this option.
Hi, I guess 80k & 60k is off on Nano LX & Twist all over India.
GrammarNazi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 20:01   #5122
Senior - BHPian

@grammarnazi; is the offer only for Delhi? In Bangalore I'm offered 25k cash discount, 45k exchange bonus and 3 years insurance free. But a discount on ex showroom price would be amazing? Could you ask about the Ex version?
Old 11th December 2014, 22:00   #5123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@grammarnazi; is the offer only for Delhi? In Bangalore I'm offered 25k cash discount, 45k exchange bonus and 3 years insurance free. But a discount on ex showroom price would be amazing? Could you ask about the Ex version?
This has to be applicable all over, TATA wouldn't care whichever city. AFAIK It MAY *slightly* vary due to VAT rates at other places, but IIRC Delhi & Bangalore prices are usually the same.

Save the image - its a newspaper clipping & this is even on their website, I don't see any reason for SE to deny.

IMO this period is the best time to buy a TATA, I'd guess they'll try to liquidate most of these cars by this quarter, to help with funds for launch of Bolt, Nano AMT & maybe a 'refreshed' Storme.

Last month they've sold just half the Storme's of their monthly average, theres sure to be some October & November produced stock of even the Ex with the discount.

All the best!

Regards
Old 11th December 2014, 22:19   #5124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester
All hogwash, stand your ground.
The dealer cannot force you to buy insurance from them. You can buy it outside once you get the Engine and Chassis number. You need to get the insurance done before registration.
I had taken insurance for our Xylo E8 ABS in Nov 2009 from outside and the dealer did not object if I did the registration myself. Of course I did registration myself as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester
Again the dealer cannot force you to purchase extended warranty. Be stern and don't fall for their pressure tactics
My only concern is that I want freedom to service my car at the place I wish. So was in doubt to consider Ext Warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag
1. Get the insurance done from outside from the Insurance company you like, pay the amount and drive the car out.
Planning to do the same.
Quote:
2. Get the old car valuation done, get it subtracted from the New car price. Pay the final amount and drive out the car to your house. Get the registration done with the number of our choice, get the plates made and enjoy.
The SR gave me a booklet mentioning the exchange details of our old car and also the Old Car Value mentioned on it.
Will do.
Quote:
If you want try to get information from another dealer in your city.
There is only one Maruti dealer in Solapur. But I will protest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja
Sorry, But he cannot do that!
If he is not allowing you to do the same by self, call the Maruti Customer care and complaint against this dealer.
I will wait and see the conditions and then decide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja
.... transfer my current cars NCB to the new car
I too will do this as the person who gave me quote over phone asked me what is the NCB on old car and on telling 40-50% (I did not have the policy with me at that time) he told me that 7-8K will again get deducted from that 18900 or 21927 Premium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg
Take it from outside or ask them to match the quote from outside. Also a lot of people think that later at the time of a claim they will make a lot of noise remembering that you didn't buy insurance from them at time of buying. This is far from truth but. There is no such thing. Just see if your insurance provider has a cashless tie up with MASS which most companies should have given that they are the leading car makers. you can just call the MASS service centre and ask them if the company has a tie up with them. They will give you that information.
I will talk to the SR about this and also the person (my Insurance Agent above) told me that the Maruti has Tie up with New India Assurance.

Quote:
Just ensure that he gives you a receipt for every penny he is asking for. Do not give them anything more than that amount.
Sorry Dr. but I don't want to pay unnecessary extra amount even if a bill of same is given to me. I can buy additional Accessories or something else for that saved amount.

Quote:
Having said that I will advice you to take the extended warranty provided its being provided by Maruti and not by your dealer. Do remember that if you opt for it then you will have to get your vehicle serviced at the MASS only and also adhere to there service guidelines strictly atleast till your car is out of extended warranty period.
I wont be having freedom to service my car where I wish.

I wish to ask Owners of the New Generation Swift- Are they allowed to use the Engine Oil of their choice in the warranty period without affecting their warranty?

Also the Booklet does not mention whether only 3rd year Ext. Warranty is offered to me or 3rd as well as 4th year Ext. Warranty will be offered to me for Rs.9600/- (Neither of the check boxes are checked).
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 00:21   #5125
BANNED

Quote:
My only concern is that I want freedom to service my car at the place I wish. So was in doubt to consider Ext Warranty.

I wont be having freedom to service my car where I wish.

I wish to ask Owners of the New Generation Swift- Are they allowed to use the Engine Oil of their choice in the warranty period without affecting their warranty?
See buddy, whatever car you are buying is manufactured and serviced by Maruti Suzuki and NOT by the dealer and its owner (including the SR's). Everything is prescribed by Maruti so the dealer is just a medium between the manufacturing unit and the customer.

We have all the rights to decide what needs to be bought during the new car purchase and later on also. Just that till the car is under warranty stick to MASS after that you are free to visit any FNG.

Regarding the servicing the car elsewhere other than the place of purchase is OK until and unless it is "Maruti Authorized". If it is then fine. I bought my car at Varun Motors and service it at Sai Service - reason, it is near to my house.

Getting your own oil, honestly speaking, I haven't done it in 4 years of ownership (3 years of Ritz VDi and 1 year of Swift ZDi). I never felt the need as things were going as prescribed by the manufacturer's schedule.

It also boils down to the rapport you have with the service guys for things to work in your favour also in a smooth manner.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 14:46   #5126
BANNED

Maruti Suzuki too joins the band wagon.

Quote:
India's largest carmaker is offering discounts on some of its top-selling cars including Swift, Swift Dzire and Ritz. Other than that, Maruti dealers across different cities are also offering circle-wise discounts on different cars, and interested people can contact them directly for more information.

Car-wise discounts & offers (Based on print ads)

Maruti Suzuki Swift Diesel - Benefits up to Rs. 30,000

Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire - Benefits up to Rs. 45,000

Maruti Suzuki Ritz - Benefits up to Rs. 75,000

Maruti Alto K10 - Benefits up to Rs. 55,000

Maruti Alto K10 - Benefits up to Rs. 35,000
SOURCE: http://auto.ndtv.com/news/discounts-...er-2014-712031

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 16:05   #5127
BHPian

Just got a call from KHT Fiat Caffe @ Blr, saying they can offer 30k cash discount and Free Insurance (or 12k cash discount) on the T-jet!

Assuming they offer the 42k discount, does that get reduced from the Ex showroom price?

If so, will I be able to get this reduced from the road tax?

I remember reading somewhere that auto makers could offer discounts on old stock , and the same would reflect on the on-road price ?
Old 12th December 2014, 19:13   #5128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunactivity View Post
Just got a call from KHT Fiat Caffe @ Blr, saying they can offer 30k cash discount and Free Insurance (or 12k cash discount) on the T-jet!

Assuming they offer the 42k discount, does that get reduced from the Ex showroom price?

If so, will I be able to get this reduced from the road tax?

I remember reading somewhere that auto makers could offer discounts on old stock , and the same would reflect on the on-road price ?
They will not reduce ex-showroom price for the discounts offered.

I was offered 1L discount last year on a Tjet but this amount was deducted on on-road price. When i asked them to reduce this discount from ex-showroom, they said RTO guy's will not agree to this. Not sure whether this is truth or not.

I would suggest you to avail free insurance. But why reduce only 12K if you say no to insurance?

I think this offer for Tjet will go-on till next year beginning.

BTW is clutch travel reduced in 2014 models? How is gear shift?
Old 12th December 2014, 19:20   #5129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
The catch, it's not a catch, but a huge spider web.

The 1.87L down payment mentioned does not include road tax and insurance. In Bangalore the total down payment is 3.94L. There are no EMIs in 2015, but in 2016, the EMI is 17,xxx/-, in 2017 it is 22,xxx/- and it increases. The loan is for the period of 4 years. The 48th installment will be a bullet payment of remaining loan amount.

Just don't bother with such gimmicks. Gave an earful to sales executive who called me.
Why can't they just offer outright discounts for the Rapid? What real benefit does the customer have with a one year emi holiday? I think the buyer will actually end up paying more than what he will be paying with regular emi's.
Really pathetic deal from a pathetic company.
Old 13th December 2014, 00:46   #5130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
Why can't they just offer outright discounts for the Rapid? What real benefit does the customer have with a one year emi holiday? I think the buyer will actually end up paying more than what he will be paying with regular emi's.
Really pathetic deal from a pathetic company.

Rapid is my favorite of the cars I could afford. VW and Skoda typically have a cycle of such offers. Have seen them for the last couple of years.

1) At the beginning of the year, 0% interest for earlier year models
2) Free insurance
3) Free insurance + Extended warranty + attractive ROI (eg: 5*5 offer)
4) Buy now pay next year

All of these offers are almost same, just few bits here and there makes the offer suitable for some.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks