Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2017, 07:33   #6616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Honda is offering free insurance for the 2017 Honda City along with a cash discount of 35K. So this amount to 70-75K or thereabouts. I am sure further discounts can be extracted once you sit across the table.
I read only insurance as a part of the deal in other websites but now it seems a great deal considering the additional discount and City being bullet proof as ever on reliability front this could be a nice option for prospective sedan buyers
Old 6th December 2017, 09:44   #6617
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hyundai Dec 2017 Offers:

Old 6th December 2017, 09:50   #6618
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Came across this link which provides available discounts under major brands for December 2017:

http://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.p...=list&Itemid=9
sunny29584 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 08:23   #6619
Distinguished - BHPian

Car prices to start 2018 on a high note.

Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai Motor India may hold the prices at the current level.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL), Mercedes Benz, JLR, Audi said the companies do not have plans to increase vehicle prices as of now

- TKM may increase prices by up to 3%, which could translate into an estimated rise of Rs 5,000-1.1 lakh depending on the model.

- Honda Cars India will raise prices by 1-2%, or up to Rs 25,000.

- Mahindra’s hike could be in the range of Rs 7,000-30,000

- Skoda Auto has announced plans to raise prices by 2-3%, or an estimated Rs 14,000-50,000. VW to announce its hike shortly.

- Isuzu Motors by up to Rs 1 lakh.

Quote:
With castings and forgings becoming dearer, costs can’t be absorbed beyond a point
Quote:
the planned price increases follow a periodic review of input and freight costs and are an industry-wide phenomenon
Quote:
There has been an increase in the cost of manufacturing of vehicles. Frequent fluctuation in global commodity prices and foreign exchange rates have continued to impact our input costs, for both domestic as well as import fronts
Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th December 2017 at 08:24.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 14:11   #6620
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

After Toyota, now Tata Motors also announced that the company decided to hike the prices of its passenger vehicles from January 2018 (By upto Rs.25000).

Source: Link
vsun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 00:21   #6621
BHPian

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & D...

Zest XTA of Feb 2017 VIN being offered with a discount of 85K in Bengaluru. Any valuable inputs to be considered please ? Or any other better deals ?

Last edited by balajisv : 14th December 2017 at 00:33.
Old 14th December 2017, 16:32   #6622
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Zest XTA of Feb 2017 VIN being offered with a discount of 85K in Bengaluru. Any valuable inputs to be considered please ? Or any other better deals ?
This is less, zest anyways is not selling well. Push for more, I think you should get something around 1L. Also bargain for EW and accessories along.
Old 14th December 2017, 22:36   #6623
BHPian

Hello Friends, any offers on Skoda Octavia at Hyderabad? Please let me know
Old 14th December 2017, 22:41   #6624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
This is less, zest anyways is not selling well. Push for more, I think you should get something around 1L. Also bargain for EW and accessories along.

Thanks. I dropped the idea as I wasn't getting more discount and that it was a year old car.
Booked a Nexon instead!
balajisv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 00:06   #6625

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Have you driven the car? I had the 1.6MPI with an MT, and it definitely was not the brightest engine available. The FE with an MT was already fairly low, and with the torque converter, im sure you are looking at 8kmpl in city(16-17kmph average speed).
Please have a look at the vento tsi, which is a better engine, and paired to a much much better gearbox.
I have an chauffeur driven official MPV as daily driver. Require a car for ease of driving by wife in city and occasional highway drive by me. Current car is EON driven 10k km in 4 yrs Long term reliability is greatest concern as want to keep it for 10 yrs. Don't want to take chance with DSG.

Is Rapid petrol AT is the best choice. Any other suggestions pls?
Old 15th December 2017, 07:58   #6626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaraf View Post
Require a car for ease of driving by wife in city and occasional highway drive by me.

Rapid is a good car, but I won't recommend it now. It's a 6 year old Model, and even though the TC box isn't problematic, the service experience & spare parts availability down the years will be a concern. Instead, I would suggest you to look at Verna AT in EX trim. It is priced bit lower as well (11.30 lakhs) against Rapids 11.75 lakhs.

All in all, the Verna is a better package & also is a fresh product. The icing on the cake is the fact that it has been crowned Indian Car of the Year.
Old 15th December 2017, 08:16   #6627
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If you don’t want a DSG you can look at the City, Verna, or even the Ecosport AT. The latter in its top trim has got all the safety options ticked as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
All in all, the Verna is a better package & also is a fresh product. The icing on the cake is the fact that it has been crowned Indian Car of the Year.
Agree on the Verna, but Indian Car of the Year... by who?
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 09:05   #6628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Agree on the Verna, but Indian Car of the Year... by who?
Overdrive, Carwale etc have crowned the Verna as ICOTY

Below are links of the same,

http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/h...the-year-2018/

https://indianautosblog.com/2017/12/...ar-2018-293580
Old 15th December 2017, 09:12   #6629
BHPian

Quote:
I have an chauffeur driven official MPV as daily driver. Require a car for ease of driving by wife in city and occasional highway drive by me. Current car is EON driven 10k km in 4 yrs
Given how less your current car has been driven, 2500/year, and even in that highway usage is occasional, why don't you go ahead and get a premium hatchback instead of sedan.

Have a look at Baleno. i20 is a 4 speed automatic which is overpriced, but i20 facelift might be announced in Auto Expo in about 6 weeks,and hopefully it will cover all safety features unlike the current model.
Old 17th December 2017, 01:12   #6630
BHPian

Year-end discounts compilation

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks