Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2020, 15:01   #7861
BHPian

Any updates on offers for the new BMW 3 series?
Old 1st June 2020, 16:05   #7862
Team-BHP Support

Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFanatic View Post
Guys is the right time to sell off my Vento highline 2012 model now may be in exchange? Which car do you guys suggest I should be chasing for discounts and best offers.
Unless you really need to replace your Vento I would highly recommend you postpone the new car purchase by 6-12 months to get through the current situation.

Chasing a 30-50K or even 75K discount over a 12-15 lac is just isn't worth running the risk of having fund flow issues in the current times. Besides the extra discount you may be able to extract over the new car purchase will also imply you lose some of the advantage whilst selling a relatively high maintenance sedan in troubled times.

Quote:
Took a test drive for Yaris today and I am not much impressed with its quality and space within.
I checked out the Yaris a few months back at the showroom as well and despite being an extremely great functional package the space and quality implied it would be straight downgrade from my first generation Verna Fluidic.

Quote:
Honda City may be one option I should be looking at? What do you suggest?
The new Honda City looks like an interesting package and would definitely be waiting for to take a decision between C segment sedans, perhaps a good chance to have your cake and eat it too
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 16:15   #7863
BHPian

Thanks. Your suggestion definitely makes sense. I am just skeptical of losing the already low resale value of Vento with days passing by as it approaches its 10 year term in another 18 months.
Old 22nd June 2020, 16:35   #7864

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Booked a Harrier 4 days back , and the SE has informed that the vehicle will reach the dealership in 2-3 days. He is pushing to take the delivery this month ( there is an exchange bonus of 30K and corporate offer for 15K ).

Kinda worried about the vehicles manufacturing date. Also, should I be waiting for the July offers to come?? ( the exchange bonus was there since March , so it’s unlikely to change next month too ). So wondering if I if Tata would provide better offers next month.
Old 22nd June 2020, 19:06   #7865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys is the right time to sell off my Vento highline 2012 model now may be in exchange?

Honda City may be one option I should be looking at? What do you suggest?
May I suggest that you do NOT go in for a Honda City unless you look at the top-end version, with 6 airbags and ESP. While it is a newer model and slightly more spacious, I imagine that you would be paying up at least 150 % of resale value for the new Honda.
For that money, you could look at something like a CSUV like Kicks 1.3 turbo or Creta, where you won't have to bother about bad roads for most part.
PS-I have a City ZX myself.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 20:56   #7866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
May I suggest that you do NOT go in for a Honda City unless you look at the top-end version, with 6 airbags and ESP. While it is a newer model and slightly more spacious, I imagine that you would be paying up at least 150 % of resale value for the new Honda.
For that money, you could look at something like a CSUV like Kicks 1.3 turbo or Creta, where you won't have to bother about bad roads for most part.
PS-I have a City ZX myself.
Thanks for your opinion mate. Could you also suggest the VFM variants for Kicks & Creta that i should be looking for? Also which one b/w the two makes more sense to buy? I have never experienced ownership of a Nissan though have used a Hyundai accent as well as an I-10 for many years.
Old 22nd June 2020, 21:32   #7867
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR1108 View Post

Kinda worried about the vehicles manufacturing date. Also, should I be waiting for the July offers to come?? ( the exchange bonus was there since March , so it’s unlikely to change next month too ). So wondering if I if Tata would provide better offers next month.
Which variant of the Harrier did you book? Is the discount applicable to Automatic variants?

I doubt there will be further discounts before year end. However I think they could launch an XTA variant between the XMA and XZA variants before the festive season. I think the spot was intentionally kept for a later launch, once demand at the top end of the market for XZA and XZA(O) has been satisfied.
Old 22nd June 2020, 21:37   #7868

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Which variant of the Harrier did you book? Is the discount applicable to Automatic variants?

I booked the XZA+ in Calypso Red. They are giving an exchange bonus of 30K and another 15K Corporate Bonus. I exchanged my 9 year old i20 with them for 3 lakhs ( the best offer I got from anyone, they were eager to make the deal ), so will be getting the 30K exchange bonus.

Are you contemplating buying the harrier?

Last edited by ampere : 22nd June 2020 at 21:39. Reason: compacted quoted post
RR1108 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 21:38   #7869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I doubt there will be further discounts before year end. However I think they could launch an XTA variant between the XMA and XZA variants before the festive season. I think the spot was intentionally kept for a later launch, once demand at the top end of the market for XZA and XZA(O) has been satisfied.
What do you reckon will be added to this XTA variant? Select few features from XZA and XZA+? That surely will make up the line-up complete, but don’t understand why they would intentionally keep that launch for a later date.
Old 22nd June 2020, 23:33   #7870
BHPian

Quote:
I booked the XZA+ in Calypso Red. They are giving an exchange bonus of 30K and another 15K Corporate Bonus. I exchanged my 9 year old i20 with them for 3 lakhs ( the best offer I got from anyone, they were eager to make the deal ), so will be getting the 30K exchange bonus.

Are you contemplating buying the harrier?
Congrats! Great choice, and quite an upgrade. Also, seems like a fair exchange value. Is the 15K corporate bonus a standard?
TokyoDrifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 09:28   #7871
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
What do you reckon will be added to this XTA variant? Select few features from XZA and XZA+? That surely will make up the line-up complete, but don’t understand why they would intentionally keep that launch for a later date.
It is a common pricing strategy called Price Skimming. Let us say there are 100 people in the market looking to buy a large SUV with Auto Transmission. Some of them may also be cross-shopping with mid-size SUVs like the Creta or the Kicks.

The break-down may be something like this:
  • A - 25% are big fans of the Harrier and have been waiting for the Auto, they will buy the top end anyway, they want all the features and think that the XZA/XZA+ are priced fairly and willing to pay the price
  • B - 25% have a budget in the middle of the price range of the Harrier, they do not want the high end features like sunroof and leather seats, however want some of the nice-to-have features like cruise control, a nice touch-screen ICE system etc.
  • C - 25% have budgets at the lower third of the Harrier price band, bang in the XMA pricing territory. Would love to buy the car, but are turned off by the lack of features in the XMA variant
  • D - 25% are cross-shopping the Harrier with mid-size SUVs - their budget is a little below the bottom of the price band, they would typically have bought a mid-version of the Creta or Seltos, but are impressed with the size and power of the Harrier.

TATA have launched a classic price skimming strategy with the Harrier variants. They will get the Category A customers for sure with their XZA and XZA+ variants. The category B & C customer is where the strategy unfolds. Category B customers would like a variant somewhere between XMA and XZA . In fact the feature list of the XT Manual is perfect for them if an automatic is thrown in and an XTA is launched. It has all essential features and is a very good package. By not launching the XTA, a good portion, say half, of the category B customers would be tempted to stretch their budget and go for the XZA. Now, TATA has skimmed 12.5% of the customers and made them spend more money than they would ideally like to spend. The remaining 12.5% in Category B are value conscious and will not make a decision very quickly. But they may slowly move to other alternatives because they just do not have the ability or willingness to stretch to XZA. The price skimming strategy will catch them by waiting till the first section in category B have made their purchases and then launch a product that catches the second portion before they switch to a competitor.

Similarly in category C, there will be a more impulsive portion that will swallow the bitter pill and buy the XMA immediately despite its lack of features since they are big Harrier fans. The other portion who cannot swallow a stripped down car like XMA will hold out and start looking at alternatives. TATA may be able to catch them before they switch by launching an XTA a few months down the line.

Category D who are about to go for a Seltos or Kicks may see the XMA as a desirable alternative at launch due to its size and power, and may stretch their budget a bit to get into the next segment with the XMA despite its lack of features. Again, an example of up-selling and partly of price-skimming.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 23rd June 2020 at 09:31.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 19:34   #7872

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
Congrats! Great choice, and quite an upgrade. Also, seems like a fair exchange value. Is the 15K corporate bonus a standard?
Oh, stellar exchange value I must say. It was my first car, was just shy of 1 lakh kms in the ODO. The AC was being cut off after driving an hour, took her to the service center and was later informed that there was some serious engine trouble ( pressure drop, and coolant was being evaporated ), told me it would be a costly repair. They offered 1.7 lakhs exchange price with the new Creta, Kia offer 2.2 lakhs for the Seltos. Was a Harrier fanboy from day 1, so went to Tata and told them I would book the Harrier and take the delivery within a week, provided they can arrange the vehicle and give me 3 lakhs for the i20. They grabbed the keys from me in 5 mins time ( I was stunned, but kept a very serious face with a pinch of gloom )
RR1108 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 20:23   #7873
BHPian

Quote:
Oh, stellar exchange value I must say. It was my first car, was just shy of 1 lakh kms in the ODO. The AC was being cut off after driving an hour, took her to the service center and was later informed that there was some serious engine trouble ( pressure drop, and coolant was being evaporated ), told me it would be a costly repair. They offered 1.7 lakhs exchange price with the new Creta, Kia offer 2.2 lakhs for the Seltos. Was a Harrier fanboy from day 1, so went to Tata and told them I would book the Harrier and take the delivery within a week, provided they can arrange the vehicle and give me 3 lakhs for the i20. They grabbed the keys from me in 5 mins time ( I was stunned, but kept a very serious face with a pinch of gloom )
Which trim and model was your i20?
Old 23rd June 2020, 20:26   #7874

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Which trim and model was your i20?
It was a 2012 first model CRDi Asta 1.4. There was a batch of 5 gear CRDi model, infamous for their dull and confusing 2nd gear. I was one of the unfortunate ones
Old 23rd June 2020, 21:04   #7875
BHPian

Quote:
It was a 2012 first model CRDi Asta 1.4. There was a batch of 5 gear CRDi model, infamous for their dull and confusing 2nd gear. I was one of the unfortunate ones
Still you got a great deal I sold my 40000 km done 2011 magna 1.2 for 2.1 lacs to a direct buyer way back in November 2018.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks