Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2020, 12:28   #7876
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I got an email advertisement this morning saying that the Polo 1.0L TSI (Highline Plus 2020) is now available at an offer price of 7.89 lacs(was 8.02 lacs earlier?). Guess they are finally reacting to Skoda Rapid Rider's success? Thoughts?
Old 26th June 2020, 14:50   #7877
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Can anyone give me what is the running discounts on bmw 530d msport and 330 i in these covid times?
Old 26th June 2020, 17:25   #7878
BHPian

Got an offer of 9.6 on road for Nexon XMA petrol. This is including 1 yr insurance. Does not include extended warranty. Tata is not giving any additional discount or offer. Should I go for it or wait another month? Looking at the sales outlook, I'm surprised that they're not throwing any offers. Brezza has a 25000 cash discount going for it.
Old 27th June 2020, 00:48   #7879
BHPian

Anyone aware about what kind of discounts are being offered on Jeep Petrol AT? My brother is looking to buy a vehicle and has already booked a seltos DCT GTX+ and is in two minds whether he should stretch for Jeep.

Wins for Jeep - decent looks, rock solid built, good/ great handling

Wins for Seltos - top seller, great looks, loaded with gizmos, probably high resale value, better pricing than Jeep
Old 27th June 2020, 01:24   #7880
BHPian

Did anyone get any pricing info on the BS6 Polo GT automatic? I have been told there is no discount and can not deliver the auto before Sept-Oct. This is in Kolkata.
Old 28th June 2020, 00:20   #7881
Senior - BHPian

Anyone negotiating with Jeep. Are there any discounts available for the Diesel AT 4x4 Limited. There is a loan offer, but anyone heard of any real discounts.
Old 1st July 2020, 11:19   #7882

Hi Guys,

I am looking for replacement for my 15 year old SWIFT VXI
& have zeroed in on Ford ecosport S model petrol.

Ex showroom is 11 lakh & dealer is offering 28 K discount while I am looking at 1 lakh discount

Car will be fresh new delivery from Chennai.

Experts please advise
1. Is the discount amount OK, any recent ecosport buyers plz comment?
2. How to reduce my on road purchase price. e.g some say purchase insurance seprately Is that a good idea?

Thanks
Naveen
Old 1st July 2020, 11:44   #7883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchlover View Post
Hi Guys,

2. How to reduce my on road purchase price. e.g some say purchase insurance seprately Is that a good idea?

Thanks
Naveen
Yes always get insurance from outside. The scam by dealers is
. They will insure the car for the full amount, where as if you read the fine print you will get only 90% of the value in claims. So insure for 90%.
. They do not give any discounts, but others will give.
Aroy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 12:05   #7884
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I am looking for replacement for my 15 year old SWIFT VXI
& have zeroed in on Ford Ecosport S model petrol.
You may want to wait a few months, the petrol Ecosport will get a new heart - The 1.2 MStallion Turbocharged petrol engine from Mahindra. It is technologically very advanced and has every trick int he book like turbocharging, direct injection, and the works. Their focus has been to engineer a petrol engine which has fun to drive and oomph factor of a Diesel Engine, while retaining fuel efficiency. The power ratings are impressive - the 1.2 litre motor dishes out 130hp and 230Nm of torque.
84.monsoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 12:55   #7885

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
You may want to wait a few months, the petrol Ecosport will get a new heart - The 1.2 MStallion Turbocharged petrol engine from Mahindra. It is technologically very advanced and has every trick int he book like turbocharging, direct injection, and the works. Their focus has been to engineer a petrol engine which has fun to drive and oomph factor of a Diesel Engine, while retaining fuel efficiency. The power ratings are impressive - the 1.2 litre motor dishes out 130hp and 230Nm of torque.
Is this same engine as in current XUV300?
Old 1st July 2020, 13:50   #7886
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is this same engine as in current XUV300?
No, it is a further revised engine. The current XUV300 Petrol makes 110 HP and 200 NM, the new mStallion will be 20% more powerful for the same engine volume (130HP and 230NM). It may only be offered in a top end Sportz trim, which should be on par with the Ecosport S, which is also a top end trim. The difference in horsepower is less but the big difference with the Ecosport will be in the Torque department, with 55% more force than the Dragon NA Petrol in the Ecopsort. You get the driveability of a Diesel with the smoothness of a Petrol.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 14:03   #7887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Is the discount amount OK, any recent ecosport buyers plz comment?
Purchasing insurance from outside is a stellar idea, and you stand to save thousands in doing so. I did exactly the same for my Honda City last year, and as far as I remember, saved more than INR 20k. Showroom insurance is needlessly overpriced because of fat margins made by the dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
You get the driveability of a Diesel with the smoothness of a Petrol.
The current Dragon engine is also a very driveable one, definitely better than most of the turbocharged petrols available today in this price segment. Torque rating for the new upcoming engine (mStallion) will be substantially higher though.
Old 1st July 2020, 23:07   #7888

Hi All,
Today met with dealer to negotiate, below was outcome.

Dealer offering 40K discount on on road price of Rs 1316746 for Final price Rs 1276746

On road Includes
1108000 Ex showroom
0.75% TCS of Rs 8310
Comprehensive (3 year Third Party+ 1year own damage) of Rs 48249
1 Year zero depreciation of RS 5589
RTO charges of RS 129375
Essential kit( fllor mat, mud flap) of RS 3224
4th & 5th Year warranty of RS 13999

Question to veterans

1. IS TCS refundable in IT returns, Anyone here claimed?
2. On Insurance He says Cashless facility only if insurance bought from Ford dealer, Is that So?
Anyone bought from outisde dealer & faced any issues.plz advise
Are the premium rates OK?

3.Is 3 year warranty now a standard offering with all cars?
I am think of letting go optional 4, 5th year warranty, let me know views

I am on tight budget, any views on reducing cost will be appreciates.

Anyone has bad experience with Ecosport sunroof, I am primarily going for S model because of sunroof & non chrome front grill & alloys ( Titanium + has chrome ones)

Thank You,

Naveen

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd July 2020 at 21:00. Reason: Typos
Hatchlover is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd July 2020, 08:05   #7889
BHPian

Quote:
1. IS TCS refundable in IT returns, Anyone here claimed?
2. On Insurance He says Cashless facility only if insurance bought from Ford dealer, Is that So?
Anyone bought from outisde dealer & faced any issues.plz advise
Are the premium rates OK?

3.Is 3 year warranty now a standard offering with all cars?
I am think of letting go optional 4, 5th year warranty, let me know views
1.Yes, TCS is refundable. You get it back when you file your IT returns. I have got it.

2. Same was told to me when I purchased our car. I relented and got it from the dealer itself because I was worried about non cashless claims. My quote was 39k about 2.5 years ago with zero dip comprehensive insurance 1yr (both own cover and TP). This was for a car which is over 4m long and >1.5 ltr engine. I feel your quote is bit overpriced for a sub 4m car also the zero dip policy is extra it seems. My suggestion is to search policy bazaar or Coverfox. (I am not associated with either) you will get a better quote and also they will show which all authorised garages that gives you cashless claims.

3. It is highly recommended to purchase the EW at the time of purchase itself. It offers peace of mind. I didn't get EW at the time of purchase thinking it was unnecessary and by the time I decided to get it after 2 years it cost me about 3k more than what I was offered at the time of purchase. 3 year standard warranty depends on the manufacturer and model of the car.
Old 2nd July 2020, 15:35   #7890
BHPian

On #2, call your insurance provider and ask. Give them the dealer name and ask if they are processing cashless claims from there.

On #3, definitely get it unless you can get it later. My assumption is that after a period, dealers don't offer this option i.e. you can't buy 4th year warranty just before your 3rd year warranty expires. But I've heard a few manufacturers also provide this. Please check if extended warranty is from dealer or from Ford.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks