Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2019, 09:39   #7126
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshays View Post
Reposting again- I plan to buy a Celerio in Bangalore and am curious on the available best offers. What I've been told is a corporate discount of paltry2.5k, cash discount of 35k and the Maruti Discount of 5k. Anything you might have heard of? Surprising to see the attitude of the sales guys. While they are struggling to sell, meet their numbers and plan their livelihood, the "take it-leave it attitude" seems to be more shocking. I just did book a City last week, a car worth double the price of the Celerio and the sales guys did what they could to get me to buy. Vis a vis the Maruti Suzuki sales guys who think they're selling a Rolls!!
Historically, Maruti has never been a company with over the top discount offerings. Simply because they sell way too may cars to bother about giving huge discounts. Of course, there are discounts every now and then but very small compared to the huge numbers that other manufacturer woo customers with.

I bought a City too earlier this year, and as you have mentioned, sales guys from three dealerships in Bangalore were falling all over themselves trying to match up to each other's best offers and get my booking. This was also end of financial year and hence a good time to squeeze out fat discounts. In fact, at one point I stopped negotiating further since I felt that I was getting a good enough deal
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 10:09   #7127
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Historically, Maruti has never been a company with over the top discount offerings. Simply because they sell way too may cars to bother about giving huge discounts. Of course, there are discounts every now and then but very small compared to the huge numbers that other manufacturer woo customers with.

I bought a City too earlier this year, and as you have mentioned, sales guys from three dealerships in Bangalore were falling all over themselves trying to match up to each other's best offers and get my booking. This was also end of financial year and hence a good time to squeeze out fat discounts. In fact, at one point I stopped negotiating further since I felt that I was getting a good enough deal
Thanks and it looks like it. For the attitude these guys are showing, this makes me even think of not having any further relationship with MS.
Old 3rd October 2019, 11:20   #7128
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks and it looks like it. For the attitude these guys are showing, this makes me even think of not having any further relationship with MS.
It depends on dealer to dealer. I got almost 90k discount on a 2018 manufacturing Ignis (bought in 2019). Initially the dealer was only offering 50k discount officially but after bargaining back and forth he finally accepted my asking price which made me a very happy customer. Maybe the dealers you went to were not very good but sadly thats very common for Maruti considering they don't have to work very hard for sales.
bf1983 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 11:23   #7129
BHPian

I second your opinions about the attitude of the guys at Maruti Arena..
Absolutely dismal and arrogant attitude..
I have Been there to book a Brezza..
To my shock there was No Display Vehicle nor a test drive vehicle.
We had a Very bad experience.
I Walked out after giving them ear full.
Old 3rd October 2019, 11:35   #7130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Please try different dealers and see if the discounts offered are similar across dealers. If it is so then it could be a company directive to promote some other model. Also check out Nexa for Ignis and Baleno. I know for sure they are giving out very good discounts on the Ciaz.

Without any negotiations, I got the following offers on Ciaz, including exchange bonus:

Delta(P): 90k off
Alpha(P): 40k off
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 12:53   #7131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
There is close to 80k off on the Creta ( might be able to squeeze more if you are ready to book). It is shocking that the Kicks has only a 25k discount. It is not selling regardless of the BS4/6 issue. I suggest negotiating hard or going to a different dealer/car maker all together.
Creta was not considered, since my colleague doesn't like the looks and light(dead) steering feel of Hyundai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
As you said, Kicks is not selling irrespective of the engine grade or market conditions and yet they do not bend. It is a good product but from an almost failed brand in the country.
I don't know whether they are acting stubborn or not. But what i see is it is a really Value for Money product after the recent price cut and a lot better in many aspects then what competition offers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
I think Nissan very recently did a price correction on the Kicks (diesel top variants only, i guess). The correction was nothing but formalisation of the discounts. On top if you are getting 25k (and some more), i will not call it a big deal. An OEM cannot reduce the price by a lakh and still offer a lakh worth of discount
Prices were rationalised across all variants, He is looking for Specifically XV(D) variant, which is 12.59 ex-showroom. It would be a company lease vehicle, so not bothered about rest of the charges. He is trying to squeeze out discounts on the ex-showroom price,as of now they are offering 25000 cash discount, Standard Fitment as free and can claim 10k TCS as well later on. They are ready for discounts on seat covers and accessories as well if opted from them.
We will try to bring the ex-showroom price to at least 12.25k if not less.
What went in favour of Kicks:
Superb Ride Quality
Build Quality and stance of the vehicle, Say overall looks are fresh and new in the world of Creta and Duster
Interiors are sorted even in lower variants with Black carbon fiber finish in place of leather upholstery on dashboard.
Steering feel is perfect, perfectly weighted.
And the floating audio system with Apple carplay and Android auto. Resolution and placement is too good, even the touch response is good.
Highh5 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 23:53   #7132
BHPian

Hi, so I went to the BMW showroom today to check out the 5 series and X4. I felt that the X4 loses out on a lot of features eventhough it costs the same as the 5. What I didn't expect was how good the 6 looked in the flesh, in a maroon shade, and it wasn't even the M-sport variant. It was also a lot more practical and comfortable than the 5. However, several features are lost on the lower trims, while the M-sport variant is a costlier by 7 lakhs I think. I'm hoping to get a car by Jan, and was wondering what kind of discounts I can expect on the 530i, 530d and 630d, all msport variants. I haven't begun negotiations yet, and would like to have an opinion about which price to begin my negotiation with. The 3 somehow just didn't appeal to me, and i didn't like the front headlights for some reason. Any other options that I ought to be looking out for? My priority is performance, handling, NVH and refinement levels. Merc is not an option as there's one in the garage already. I haven't looked past BMW so im open to suggestions.
Old 4th October 2019, 11:23   #7133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
I think Nissan very recently did a price correction on the Kicks (diesel top variants only, i guess). The correction was nothing but formalisation of the discounts. On top if you are getting 25k (and some more), i will not call it a big deal. An OEM cannot reduce the price by a lakh and still offer a lakh worth of discount

However, if you are looking for any other variant (where price was not rationalised), you should squeeze for more discount. Isn't Nissan offering free insurance and maintenance package?
They really need to bring a variant under the 10 lakh ex showroom mark, that is decently equipped. The XE-D variant currently offered at 9.89 lakhs lacks crucial features like the touch screen infotainment, push button start and cruise control. It would be great value if they bring an intermediate variant with these features under the 10 lakh ex-showroom mark. That could finally trigger the dead sales chart and kick-start some life into the kicks.
Old 4th October 2019, 11:37   #7134
Senior - BHPian

Guys I know this is a tough one because Hyundai Santro is not a favourite in T-BHP and I have not seen too many people buying it here, but is anyone aware what kind of offers are actually on table at the showroom level.

I am getting a cash discount of INR 30000 from one of the dealers here in Kolkata. I dont have a car to exchange so other offers like exchange discount does not apply to me.
Old 4th October 2019, 11:45   #7135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
They really need to bring a variant under the 10 lakh ex showroom mark, that is decently equipped. The XE-D variant currently offered at 9.89 lakhs lacks crucial features like the touch screen infotainment, push button start and cruise control. It would be great value if they bring an intermediate variant with these features under the 10 lakh ex-showroom mark. That could finally trigger the dead sales chart and kick-start some life into the kicks.
If they will include these three features as well then what else would be left. They are not competing with the hatchback, they are competing with crossovers.
Acc to me they have a very good feature distribution across variants
Highh5 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 12:56   #7136
BHPian

Any idea about discounts on Tata Safari?
Dealer is offering 70k without negotiations.
I was wondering how much can I push it further
Old 4th October 2019, 13:58   #7137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys I know this is a tough one because Hyundai Santro is not a favourite in T-BHP and I have not seen too many people buying it here, but is anyone aware what kind of offers are actually on table at the showroom level.

I am getting a cash discount of INR 30000 from one of the dealers here in Kolkata. I dont have a car to exchange so other offers like exchange discount does not apply to me.
In Bangalore, when I enquired for AMT versions, Trident Hyundai quoted Rs 20000+ 5K corporate discount. Lakshmi Hyundai were little generous by quoting 30k cash discount+5k corporate bonus. On top of this they were willing to pass some discounts from the dealer side.

Haggle more and check with multiple dealerships. Autocar recently mentioned discounts upto 65K on Santro.
Old 4th October 2019, 14:02   #7138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
In Bangalore, when I enquired for AMT versions, Trident Hyundai quoted Rs 20000+ 5K corporate discount. Lakshmi Hyundai were little generous by quoting 30k cash discount+5k corporate bonus. On top of this they were willing to pass some discounts from the dealer side.

Haggle more and check with multiple dealerships. Autocar recently mentioned discounts upto 65K on Santro.
I saw the 65K discount ad but that's an eyewash which includes exchange bonus et al. I can get 5K off for insurance. Also, the sales guy promised additional discounts once we finalize.
Old 4th October 2019, 16:38   #7139
BHPian

Attaching the latest offers running for Hyundai. Received it from Hyundai Motor Plaza from where I purchased my Verna.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-1570187235885.jpg  

Old 4th October 2019, 17:34   #7140
BHPian

Is anyone aware of any discounts on the Fortuner or the Endeavour within Delhi?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks