Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2019, 14:08   #7066
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I'm looking for a Compass 4x4 or Limited Plus, here in Bangalore. Dealer has quoted a discount of 1 lakhs (including exchange bonus) . The other option is a Tucson GL AT where they offered a discount of 1.75 L. Can someone help with what would be a realistic discount I can ask for ? ( I'm not good in negotiations)
Old 8th September 2019, 14:40   #7067
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I test drove the "new" Polo GT TSI today. I quite liked it. It ticks all my boxes except rear seat space and VFM (given that it's a relatively costly ownership experience). According to the sales person, there are no discounts even on the "old" model. Is this normal? I was expecting some discounts (if not huge) on the outgoing model especially when the industry is in such a troubled state. I'm a bit surprised.
Old 8th September 2019, 15:04   #7068
BHPian

Guys! Any idea on what kind of discount to expect for the Mercedes C class.
Old 8th September 2019, 20:22   #7069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauphylover View Post
I test drove the "new" Polo GT TSI today. I quite liked it. It ticks all my boxes except rear seat space and VFM (given that it's a relatively costly ownership experience). According to the sales person, there are no discounts even on the "old" model. Is this normal? I was expecting some discounts (if not huge) on the outgoing model especially when the industry is in such a troubled state. I'm a bit surprised.
No discounts on GT TSi whatsoever since a long long time. Reason is probably because it sells on its own due to lack of competition in its segment.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 01:10   #7070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
No discounts on GT TSi whatsoever since a long long time. Reason is probably because it sells on its own due to lack of competition in its segment.
Doesn't Vento TSI provide better value? Same engine and gearbox, bigger car, not much difference in price. But doesn't sell much.

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th September 2019 at 07:39. Reason: Typo
Old 9th September 2019, 11:42   #7071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Doesn't Vento TSI provide better value? Same engine and gearbox, bigger car, not much difference in price. But doesn't sell much.
Most ppl buying GT TSi are looking for a second car for city use - hence Vento is actually worse for their needs.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 11:53   #7072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Vento TSI is nearly 2 lakhs more than the Polo GT TSI. Most of the buyers of Polo GT TSI do it for it being considered as a hot hatch and is more chuck-able than Vento.

Somehow the mileage of Vento TSI is more than Polo GT TSI. But in real world there is a lot of difference driving the same engine and DSG in a hatchback than in a Sedan.
Old 10th September 2019, 00:31   #7073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauphylover View Post
Six months ago I was contemplating on buying a GT TSI. I went to the showroom and the sales guy told me the same thing about no discount what so ever but after talking to them for about 20 mins and without any hard negotiations I got a 40k discount offer from the dealer. My humble advice would be to negotiate with them for discount. Let them contact you first and then politely tell them that you will only be interested to visit them again if they give you a better deal. They will oblige as they have targets to fulfill every month. So the trick with GT is to be patient with the sales guys and don’t show them too much enthusiasm about the car. Best of luck.
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 13:14   #7074
BHPian

A friend is looking to buy the BMW X1 in Bengaluru.
What might be the maximum discount that can be negotiated? Also, any opinions on the X1 Petrol vs the Diesel? Not many seem to be buying the former.
Thanks in advance.
Old 12th September 2019, 16:27   #7075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
A friend is looking to buy the BMW X1 in Bengaluru.
What might be the maximum discount that can be negotiated? Also, any opinions on the X1 Petrol vs the Diesel? Not many seem to be buying the former.
Thanks in advance.

I have an offer for 31.5 ex-showroom for the sDrive20d xLine.
aman-bh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 16:10   #7076
BHPian

We just sold our second Innova 2013 model that did 1,90,000 kms. Since there is no direct replacement yet, we are again looking at Innova Touring sport. There does not seems to be much discounts as of now. Only Loyalty bonus of 30k. We are not in a hurry for replacement car. I am wondering if we should wait for further discounts in the festive season.
Old 13th September 2019, 16:51   #7077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman-bh View Post
I have an offer for 31.5 ex-showroom for the sDrive20d xLine.
Thanks for replying. My friend has been quoted an OTR price (roughly 1.3x ex-showroom price) of 41L in Bangalore, after some negotiation. It seems to be in the vicinity of the offer you've got. Not sure if they will top this, closer to Dec.
Old 13th September 2019, 17:13   #7078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
We just sold our second Innova 2013 model that did 1,90,000 kms. Since there is no direct replacement yet, we are again looking at Innova Touring sport. There does not seems to be much discounts as of now. Only Loyalty bonus of 30k. We are not in a hurry for replacement car. I am wondering if we should wait for further discounts in the festive season.
Touring Sport being niche Crysta (which already have become kind of niche product), dealers would most likely be ordering it against order / booking only.
This makes chances of discounts being offered very thin.
If you can settle with top spec Crysta, you may get better discount.
IMO.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 18:02   #7079
Distinguished - BHPian

Any outstanding deals on Ciaz petrol manual?
Old 13th September 2019, 18:08   #7080
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Please keep me posted too on 5 series, 6GT, E-class and RR Velar latest deals.

Are there any non BS6 cars in the luxury segment that will be on bigger discounts?
12 lacs off on 530i.
10 lacs off on 6 GT
E class is about 5 - 7 off.

No clue about RR Velar.

you buying something ?
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks