Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2019, 19:49   #7186
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Why not look at the CRV? It has a petrol, a Honda, decent loaded, spacious and perfect for the urban environment and occasional long trips so long as you are not looking for earth shattering performance.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 20th October 2019 at 19:51.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 19:53   #7187
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
My preference is for a slick petrol , turbo suv for safe and reliable urban driving.
Very confusing

Petrol: X1>CRV>Tuscon
Turbo: X1>Tiguan
Reliable: CRV>Tuscon>Tiguan>X1
Safety: X1>Tiguan>Tuscon=CRV

X1 scores maximum here, would get that.

If out of budget, Diesel: Tiguan>Tuscon

If it must be a Petrol only, the Honda CRV would be good. Reliable, safe and the 'CRV' brand is better than Tuscon or Tiguan.

Last edited by Aditya_Bhp : 20th October 2019 at 19:56.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 20:00   #7188
KMT
BHPian

Petrol Turbo SUV
The contenders I see are as follows (within a relatively sensible price range)-

Venue <Seltos <Compass< X1 < Macan < AMG GLC43

Am I missing something?

Last edited by KMT : 20th October 2019 at 20:01.
Old 20th October 2019, 20:57   #7189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
Dear All,
I am a newbie here. I am looking to replace my VW Vento Highline TSI by the end of 2019 or early 2020. Looking to buy a 25-35 lac urban SUV for a family of 3 with mostly Mumbai driving and occasional regional trips including ghats and coastal areas.

Currently, exploring Tiguan, Tucson and X1. We don't like the Creta/Kia/Compass CSUV's and the Endy, Kodiaq are too big for us.

My preference is for a slick petrol , turbo suv for safe and reliable urban driving.
Have you also considered the Volvo compact SUV XC40? I think the ex-showroom price is 40 lacs so may be slightly exceeding your budget.
Old 20th October 2019, 21:01   #7190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Why not look at the CRV?
Agree. CRV is the notable absence and i haven't test driven it yet. I think it's a case of self bias as I and our family has owned City and it has been a great reliable car but .. boring. It's the Corolla of the US and there might be a Honda fatigue here. Also, there is just no buzz around CRV either at Honda dealers or in the forums.

However, i concur that CRV cannot be ignored.

PS: Our car will be 80% driven by our driver.
Old 24th October 2019, 21:42   #7191
Senior - BHPian

Hard to see any crowd in any showroom at all ! Looks like lot of confusion in the market just like my brain There are few who think that BS4 vehicles will be banned, hence they are waiting for BS6 models, some think 10 year Diesel ban will be nation wide soon(none of this might be true).

Would be interesting to have a compilation of discounts and offers currently in the market

Was interested in Nios, but since its a new model, it doesn't get any offers at all, Amaze CVT in comparison retails too closely thanks to huge discounts on offer.
Old 24th October 2019, 21:47   #7192
BHPian

I am getting quotes of about 30L exShowroom for BMW X1 s20d XLine and 3.5L off on Tiguan Highline.

PS: These are just first quotes and not final price after hard negotiations.
Old 26th October 2019, 05:32   #7193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Was interested in Nios, but since its a new model, it doesn't get any offers at all, Amaze CVT in comparison retails too closely thanks to huge discounts on offer.
Can you share the discounts on for the amaze? I am in the market for an automatic hatchback and have shortlisted the nios, haven't had a test drive yet. I test drove the amaze diesel cvt as a relative is looking at it and that has put me in a spot between the nios and the amaze. Depends on how the nios test drive goes.
Old 26th October 2019, 22:15   #7194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
Can you share the discounts on for the amaze? I am in the market for an automatic hatchback and have shortlisted the nios, haven't had a test drive yet. I test drove the amaze diesel cvt as a relative is looking at it and that has put me in a spot between the nios and the amaze. Depends on how the nios test drive goes.
50K cash discount, plus 20k exchange bonus and small corporate discount. 70K would be easily attainable once you sit down with a cheque.
Old 26th October 2019, 22:20   #7195
BHPian

A friend has been offered flat Rs 1.30 lakh discount on the On Road Price for Honda City Vx CVT.
It will come to around Rs 14.6 Lakhs on road.
This is without any exchange.
I told him to inquire if the same discount will be offered if he took insurance from outside and the showroom came back that the discount will be less.
The showroom guys are offering the following insurance
1. 1 year zero dep unlimited claim
2. 1 year comprehensive insurance
3. 3 year 3rd party
Their terms for Return To Invoice is that in case there is an accident, they will repair and given back to customer.

Now have asked him to make sure they give him the VIN number so he can decode the month of manufacturing.
From our VIN Decoding thread, I understand the 9 digit corresponds to the month and 10 digit to the year.

He has already made the advance payment of Rs 25,000 and will go with family to select colour and based on that they will provide him the expected delivery date.
He is opting for the VX instead of the ZX because he is not too keen on leather seats, LED lights that he can replace at a later date and two additional airbags. Saving Rs 1.5 Lakhs in the process.
Old 27th October 2019, 04:49   #7196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
A friend has been offered flat Rs 1.30 lakh discount on the On Road Price for Honda City Vx CVT.
It will come to around Rs 14.6 Lakhs on road.
This is without any exchange.
I told him to inquire if the same discount will be offered if he took insurance from outside and the showroom came back that the discount will be less.

He is opting for the VX instead of the ZX because he is not too keen on leather seats, LED lights that he can replace at a later date and two additional airbags. Saving Rs 1.5 Lakhs in the process.
Maybe you could ask your friend to spend the 1.5 lac or a bit less ( depending on negotiation) and get the ZX which incidentally has 4 extra airbags , 6 vs 2. Also, from personal experience, the LED lights aren’t too bad, definitely an upgrade from the regular halogens.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 09:01   #7197
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe you could ask your friend to spend the 1.5 lac or a bit less ( depending on negotiation) and get the ZX which incidentally has 4 extra airbags , 6 vs 2. Also, from personal experience, the LED lights aren’t too bad, definitely an upgrade from the regular halogens.
Point noted and will convey these to my friend.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 09:41   #7198
BHPian

You may possibly want to have a look at my earlier thread. Though I did buy a V MT, discounts were great. Happy to put you across to my POC in Dakshin Honda. Decent guy.
akshays is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 10:01   #7199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshays View Post
You may possibly want to have a look at my earlier thread. Though I did buy a V MT, discounts were great. Happy to put you across to my POC in Dakshin Honda. Decent guy.
Thank you akshays, I would have asked my friend to take you up on that offer if we were at Bangalore. Finding a decent and helpful sales executive is half the battle when we buy a new car or any other costly product.

In fact, my friend was able to squeeze a Rs 5000 more from another dealer inside Mumbai but felt it was not worth it since he lives in the suburbs and would spend as much money and time travelling to the showroom for any and every time they call.
Now that the booking amount has been handed over, he is waiting for an update on the VIN to verify the manufacturing month.
Old 27th October 2019, 16:05   #7200
BHPian

Quote:
I feel 16 Lakhs for a C segment petrol sedan is overpriced.

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 27th October 2019 at 16:08.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks